Those cables were driving me crazy!

Headbanger02_imp said:
I know I can be (am) OCD, this doesn't bother me, on the other hand (sorry if this is a hijack) that exposed oil filter sure does.....
What about the slots in the fork preload screw heads not being aligned at the same angle?

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed this. :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Headbanger02_imp said:
I know I can be (am) OCD, this doesn't bother me, on the other hand (sorry if this is a hijack) that exposed oil filter sure does.....
I agree! I tell myself if for better cooling...
Guth_imp said:
Headbanger02_imp said:
I know I can be (am) OCD, this doesn't bother me, on the other hand (sorry if this is a hijack) that exposed oil filter sure does.....
What about the slots in the fork preload screw heads not being aligned at the same angle?

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed this. :rofl:
What about the slots in the fork preload screw heads not being aligned at the same angle?

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed this. :rofl:
I noticed... It kills me, but since I can't fix it, I compartmentalize it, and try not to think about it :D. Hahaha! I am OCD.
 
I wonder if you OCD guys all own the deluxe model. If not, does the asymmetrical exhaust on the standard, which constantly pulls it to the right, bother you at all? :)
 
Thread starter
I don't have a DLX, but I'm not obsessing a bit over that one sided exhaust pulling the bike to the right, because soon I will have a single sided saddlebag on the left evening things out :D:D:D. No seriously! That's what I did on my '13 Scrambler with that high mount exhaust. One step ahead of you on that one... LOL. I know, I am crazy. Not sure it can be fixed either.
 
You know, if I had my time again, I might go into psychiatry and specialise in OCD CB owners. "Tell me ......, how long have you loved your motorcycle?". Or, "That is not an RLET. It is a symbol. It is a symbol of your deep seated insecurities". "Tell me ....., when did you become aware that those cables did not follow the lines of the bars?". "Do you feel that vibration while you talk with your mother-in-law, or only while on your CB?" Etc, etc.

24th floor, designer office with a stunning view, chrome and glass furniture, originals on the walls, sexy receptionist and a stable full of fast bikes. That could have all been mine. Maybe in the "next life".

Cheers
 
"Doctor can you tell me why I still can't get to sleep?"
 
No, Pterodactyl, I give up. Who is your source?
 
Ghis_imp said:
Headbanger02_imp said:
I know I can be (am) OCD, this doesn't bother me, on the other hand (sorry if this is a hijack) that exposed oil filter sure does.....
I agree! I tell myself if for better cooling...
Guth_imp said:
Headbanger02_imp said:
I know I can be (am) OCD, this doesn't bother me, on the other hand (sorry if this is a hijack) that exposed oil filter sure does.....
What about the slots in the fork preload screw heads not being aligned at the same angle?

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed this. :rofl:
What about the slots in the fork preload screw heads not being aligned at the same angle?

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed this. :rofl:
I noticed... It kills me, but since I can't fix it, I compartmentalize it, and try not to think about it :D. Hahaha! I am OCD.
I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but I'm guessing that this is simply due to the alignment of the upper fork leg in the triple clamps which I believe can be turned with the triple clamp bolts loosened.
 
Ghis_imp said:
Headbanger02_imp said:
I know I can be (am) OCD, this doesn't bother me, on the other hand (sorry if this is a hijack) that exposed oil filter sure does.....
I agree! I tell myself if for better cooling...
Guth_imp said:
Headbanger02_imp said:
I know I can be (am) OCD, this doesn't bother me, on the other hand (sorry if this is a hijack) that exposed oil filter sure does.....
What about the slots in the fork preload screw heads not being aligned at the same angle?

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed this. :rofl:
What about the slots in the fork preload screw heads not being aligned at the same angle?

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed this. :rofl:
I noticed... It kills me, but since I can't fix it, I compartmentalize it, and try not to think about it :D. Hahaha! I am OCD.
I noticed... It kills me, but since I can't fix it, I compartmentalize it, and try not to think about it :D. Hahaha! I am OCD.
[/QUOTE]

Easy fix 2 ways.

1) grab a big old flat head screw driver and turn them until they line up. They turn very easily and what little adjustment it takes to line them up won't mean squat to the preload.

2) IF they were all the way in or all the way out, you could still loosen the top and bottom triple clamp bolts (1 side at a time of course) and turn the fork tube until they line up. Then retighten the top and bottom triple clamp bolts.

if it were me I'd do method #1
 
I've always loved Bob Newhart's sketch about Walter Raleigh.




So I went looking for the frontier psychiatrist to no avail (although Wayne and Schuster used to do a line in frontier psychiatrist gags). I did, though, find this Bob Newhart gem which made me think of you and other forum pilots.


 
Well Guth's post made me go look at my screws and they are both angled the same-from the factory.
 
Headbanger02_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Headbanger02_imp said:
I know I can be (am) OCD, this doesn't bother me, on the other hand (sorry if this is a hijack) that exposed oil filter sure does.....
You can get them with a chrome finish. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/7400002
You can get them with a chrome finish. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/7400002
I clicked the linked and apparently only for harley?
You can get them with a chrome finish. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/7400002
I clicked the linked and apparently only for harley?
Strange. When I click on it I get a page that says :

OEM Reference: 15410-MFJ-D01

Which is the Honda part number for the CB11 and about a dozen other models.
 
Very nice.. I just got my cb1100 this week and that was the fist thing I noticed. Now I have a great way to fix it. Thank you so much for sharing
 
Back
Top