This wasn't supposed to happen yet!

EGAlvarez_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
This wasn't supposed to happen yet! Over the past few weeks I went a little crazy, reading everything I could find online and watching every YouTube video related in any way to the CB1100. My poor wife is sick of hearing about this machine!
I had plans of waiting a year or so, and then scooping up a knockout deal on a used standard. While doing my research, I began to drool over pictures of the deluxe. I wanted the 6-speed, ABS, silver motor/wheels, 4-2 exhaust and the shiny stuff the DLX offered. The problem was that a new bike was above my budget, used deluxes at a great price are practically impossible to find and I worried that the CB's would no longer be offered in the U.S.
A couple of days ago, I was scanning ads online and found this mint condition, used Deluxe, only 4 hours away from my home. After a few phone calls, we agreed to a very, very fair OTD price and I promtly placed a deposit on her! In addition to the bike, a enormous windshield (that will be removed), a rear rack, a Honda top case, a Scorpio alarm, a Garmin GPS with RAM mount and a Honda workshop manual were all included in the deal!
I am so looking forward to picking her up so that I can take some much better quality pictures to share with you all!

Eddy
 
Congratulations! Sounds like a lot of the expensive mods are done already :thumbsup:
 
Congrats, EG! Glad to hear that you found what you were looking for. Reasonably priced, used DLX models are indeed hard to come by. You got some very useful farkles included as well. Pics or it didn't happen! :D
 
Congratulations EG. Well done. May you travel many, many happy miles together.
 
Lookin' good! That "enormous windshield" appears to be a Nat. Cycle Plexistar 2. I've got one (but mounted substantially lower). It's great for cold weather and long road trips. I use a much smaller NC shield in the summer. If you really hate it, you can probably find someone on this forum to take it off your hands. It's one of the few full size shields that fits the CB1100.
 
Saweet! Congrats. I'd trade you a cut down NC Street Shield EX for that windsail.
 
I have been looking in Cycle Trader almost every day and have not seen a second hand Deluxe yet. What ads did you search to find this one? I am also curious about what a second hand Deluxe sells for.
 
EG,

THAT.....is really nice. That big screen can be put back on for long road trips and that bike looks very nicely set up. Well done.

Chip
 
Thread starter
Nortoon_imp said:
I have been looking in Cycle Trader almost every day and have not seen a second hand Deluxe yet. What ads did you search to find this one? I am also curious about what a second hand Deluxe sells for.
I had been scanning cycle trader and search tempest within 250 miles from my home daily for about a month
I found this bike for $8870 plus $125 dealer consignment fee plus sales tax.
Out the door price, with everything (w/s, gps, top case, rear rack, Scorpio alarm and shop manual) is $9394.15. I'm happy with that price considering it still has some warranty, and looks like a showroom new bike!
:celebrate:
 
Thread starter
ClassicVW_imp said:
I think I'd like the windshield for longer rides. PM me if you want to sell it.
I'm not certain what I'll do but I'll probably remove both the W/S and rear topcase/rack and keep them in the garage attic for those long, cold weather rides. She just looks so good without them.
 
Back
Top