There's A New CB1100 Deluxe In The House!

Dave Swanson

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just bought a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe with 265 miles. It had popped up on Ebay as a Buy It Now Sunday (7/3 my birthday) at a reasonable price and I couldn't hit the Buy button fast enough!!!

It required a little 1660 mile round trip to pick it up from a nice couple who live out in the country south of Birmingham Alabama.



My old buddy Tom came with to keep me company. Here we are ready to roll out, Tom on the left and my mug on the right.

[url=http://s233.photobucket.com/user/dswansbiker/media/CB1100/DSCN4553_zpslk2mkd6d.jpg.html]

Before we left Tom asked me where Barber Motorsports Museum is. For some reason we both thought it was in Georgia. I checked and found out it was just outside of Birmingham about a 30 minute drive away from the bike! There was no way we were going to be in the museum's back yard and not stop. Barber Motorsports Museum has been on both our bucket lists for many years. I booked a room at a Hampton, we rested up, and left for Barber after breakfast. We got there about a 1/2 hour before it opened.

[url=http://s233.photobucket.com/user/dswansbiker/media/CB1100/DSCN4559_zpsmeo0c0hq.jpg.html]

The museum is so far beyond whatever you imagine it to be! Walking in your mind is blown!!

[url=http://s233.photobucket.com/user/dswansbiker/media/CB1100/DSCN4580_zpsio3rik62.jpg.html]

We left Barber and began the 830 mile jaunt back home and rolled in at midnight Thursday (last night). During the trip down we were deluged in rain. I have an open trailer and thought the CB would drown on the return trip, but not one drop of rain on the way back. We threaded the needle through a few storms!

This morning I went to the DMV and transferred the title first thing. Illinois is great for Private Sale motorcycle transfers! The tax is a flat $25 regardless of how new or how expensive the motorcycle is. Dealer purchases are taxed much higher (a percentage rate).

Very cool to have landed my Deluxe! More to come.
 
Congrats Dave! Sounds like you and Tom had a great Trip.
 
CONGRATS! Going to the museum must of been an added treat. Did the curator or anyone there ask about your bike in the parking lot? Not that its a "museum piece", but is certainly a WORK OF ART!
 
Lets see... Low miles cb dlx at a good price, Barber Museum, no rain I'd say quick go buy a lotto ticket but it looks like you've used up all your good luck in one trip.

COngrats Dave!
 
Oh man, the Barber Museum! You scored! :excited:

Tell the wife, "a dear, Tom and I are driving down to visit the Barber, be back in a couple days. It's kinda expensive but I get a free bike!". :celebrate:
 
That's a great story. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your acquisition and hope you get as much enjoyment from it as so many of us do. Welcome aboard!
 
Can hardly imagine a finer trip, get an almost new CB and visit the world's finest motorcycle museum. Only finding a pot of gold on the way back could have been better. Enjoy!
 
Hi Dave and welcome! Great bike you have there! I have been to Barber and all I can say is that it is beyond comprehension. You can view it online, but being there is mind blowing. Enjoy your Cb and start racking on some miles before the snow flakes fall :) Russ
 
Barber is awesome ,been several times. I go to the motoamerica super bike races every year. Thinking about going to the vintage days in October .anyone up for a meet.
 
Nothing better than the excitement of chasing a bike and getting it in the end..Congratulations...
 
Back
Top