the_undecider's mods and accessories

the_undecider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I figured I would start a thread to keep track of what I have done to the bike since I bought it. I got it in June 2014 with just over 3k miles. It was bone stock:


First thing I did was make my own license plate bracket:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140720_194530_zps1adb9c1e.jpg.html]

Then, I tried some adhesive rubber tank knee pads. I ended up not liking how they looked. This is just too pretty of a tank to have those. I may try some magnetic pads that I can remove when I don't want them on:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140727_095631_zps0bb7f8c5.jpg.html]

I love the naked looks, but no wind protection was killing the enjoyment of riding at highway speeds. The Dart Flyscreen did the trick:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140801_065203_zps6aaf80d2.jpg.html]

With the small screen on, I wanted to tuck in just a bit lower. Also, I felt the tall bars and mirror were a little awkward aesthetically. So, I got a set of Type 2 bars and some lower profile mirrors (Bikemasters):
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141007_181824_zpsf04035a2.jpg.html]

I needed to carry some stuff and settled upon a single left side saddlebag. I found one on japan.webike.net which had a relief for a blinker and ordered it along with an Agras fork brace. I also tried some different mirrors since the ones I bought were too narrow. The new mirrors are Bikemaster Old School Tube mirrors:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162327_zps4cd89c87.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_192435_zps9021f053.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162312_zps82925221.jpg.html]

My K&H seat I ordered at the end of November should be here before Christmas. I am quite anxious to receive it and will post pics. I also will have some Chic Designs hand guards and Moriwaki skid pads on the way shortly.
 
Sweet! Classic look. Can you take a picture of your bike's rear...I'd like to see how that bag looks from behind. It's a really nice pannier.
 
Nice thoughtful progression of mods. You can get clear static cling sheeting to cover the knee pads areas of the tank. Its virtually invisible and can be removed if necessary. it's made by 3M.
 
Looks remarkable clearly decided if you ask me. :) Well done.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks remarkable clearly decided if you ask me. :) Well done.
Yes, well, sometimes I get lucky and make the right decision. Often, I have to be impulsive so I don't get mired in indecision. I very much agonized over which seat I wanted. I had no vision as to what to make the bike when I bought it. I was pretty set on buying a Yamaha FZ09 (MT09) and I bought this bike instead as an impulse.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks remarkable clearly decided if you ask me. :) Well done.
Yes, well, sometimes I get lucky and make the right decision. Often, I have to be impulsive so I don't get mired in indecision. I very much agonized over which seat I wanted. I had no vision as to what to make the bike when I bought it. I was pretty set on buying a Yamaha FZ09 (MT09) and I bought this bike instead as an impulse.
Yes, well, sometimes I get lucky and make the right decision. Often, I have to be impulsive so I don't get mired in indecision. I very much agonized over which seat I wanted. I had no vision as to what to make the bike when I bought it. I was pretty set on buying a Yamaha FZ09 (MT09) and I bought this bike instead as an impulse.
Hence, your moniker "the_undecider". :D
Your mods are very tastefully done. KUDOS! :clap:
 
Thread starter
Inline4_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks remarkable clearly decided if you ask me. :) Well done.
Yes, well, sometimes I get lucky and make the right decision. Often, I have to be impulsive so I don't get mired in indecision. I very much agonized over which seat I wanted. I had no vision as to what to make the bike when I bought it. I was pretty set on buying a Yamaha FZ09 (MT09) and I bought this bike instead as an impulse.
Yes, well, sometimes I get lucky and make the right decision. Often, I have to be impulsive so I don't get mired in indecision. I very much agonized over which seat I wanted. I had no vision as to what to make the bike when I bought it. I was pretty set on buying a Yamaha FZ09 (MT09) and I bought this bike instead as an impulse.
Hence, your moniker "the_undecider". :D
Your mods are very tastefully done. KUDOS! :clap:
Bingo! My indecisiveness has really bit me with some of my car buying decisions and what to do with my life career-wise, but that's a whole other discussion...but, most often it hampers my ability to choose where my wife and I got out to eat. I usually have no issue knowing what I don't want, haha.

Funny thing about the CB is that I liked it the moment I first saw one, but I deemed it too expensive and assumed it would be boring or unrewarding to ride. I kept admiring it from afar until I found a used one for sale at the dealership where I used to work. They let me take it for a spin and I was hooked. It just felt right.

My plan was to buy a naked sport bike because I wanted power and light weight. The CB has it's own take on power and lightness. It is torquey and light handling. I was looking at a used FZ1 the day I bought the CB because I had the cash for it and there were no FZ09s available. Took the CB home without even researching it or looking at what aftermarket accessories were available. I'm not sure I would have bought it had I known how expensive it is to farkle.

I look back at my photos of the stock bike and find it just as pleasing to the eye as what I have now. I feel like this is the sort of bike you either leave it pretty much stock or you go nuts with it.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
I figured I would start a thread to keep track of what I have done to the bike since I bought it. I got it in June 2014 with just over 3k miles. It was bone stock:


First thing I did was make my own license plate bracket:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140720_194530_zps1adb9c1e.jpg.html]

Then, I tried some adhesive rubber tank knee pads. I ended up not liking how they looked. This is just too pretty of a tank to have those. I may try some magnetic pads that I can remove when I don't want them on:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140727_095631_zps0bb7f8c5.jpg.html]

I love the naked looks, but no wind protection was killing the enjoyment of riding at highway speeds. The Dart Flyscreen did the trick:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140801_065203_zps6aaf80d2.jpg.html]

With the small screen on, I wanted to tuck in just a bit lower. Also, I felt the tall bars and mirror were a little awkward aesthetically. So, I got a set of Type 2 bars and some lower profile mirrors (Bikemasters):
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141007_181824_zpsf04035a2.jpg.html]

I needed to carry some stuff and settled upon a single left side saddlebag. I found one on japan.webike.net which had a relief for a blinker and ordered it along with an Agras fork brace. I also tried some different mirrors since the ones I bought were too narrow. The new mirrors are Bikemaster Old School Tube mirrors:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162327_zps4cd89c87.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_192435_zps9021f053.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162312_zps82925221.jpg.html]

My K&H seat I ordered at the end of November should be here before Christmas. I am quite anxious to receive it and will post pics. I also will have some Chic Designs hand guards and Moriwaki skid pads on the way shortly.

Hey, those are my mirrors! You can't have those. :D

Nice, aren't they? I really like mine, on my lower bars.
 
That seat changes the entire personality of the bike. Looks good!
 
Thread starter
I received my Chic Design smoked handguards and Moriwaki skid pads the other day. I felt the sliders blended in a bit better than the various engine guards made for these. Basic tip over protection was all I was going for.

The hand guards really look neat. They match my Dart screen pretty well. They knock a good amount of wind blast off my hands so that I can wear my medium weight gloves with liners. Before, my hands were numb within 15 minutes at 50 degrees. The first test showed promising results for wind protection. It was in the upper 40's the other night. Wish my camera did a better job showing the colors in the sky.
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141223_174125_zps1ab8ed54.jpg.html]
DGShannon_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
I figured I would start a thread to keep track of what I have done to the bike since I bought it. I got it in June 2014 with just over 3k miles. It was bone stock:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140719_202618_zps11528a5a.jpg.html]

First thing I did was make my own license plate bracket:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140720_194530_zps1adb9c1e.jpg.html]

Then, I tried some adhesive rubber tank knee pads. I ended up not liking how they looked. This is just too pretty of a tank to have those. I may try some magnetic pads that I can remove when I don't want them on:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140727_095631_zps0bb7f8c5.jpg.html]

I love the naked looks, but no wind protection was killing the enjoyment of riding at highway speeds. The Dart Flyscreen did the trick:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140801_065203_zps6aaf80d2.jpg.html]

With the small screen on, I wanted to tuck in just a bit lower. Also, I felt the tall bars and mirror were a little awkward aesthetically. So, I got a set of Type 2 bars and some lower profile mirrors (Bikemasters):
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141007_181824_zpsf04035a2.jpg.html]

I needed to carry some stuff and settled upon a single left side saddlebag. I found one on japan.webike.net which had a relief for a blinker and ordered it along with an Agras fork brace. I also tried some different mirrors since the ones I bought were too narrow. The new mirrors are Bikemaster Old School Tube mirrors:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162327_zps4cd89c87.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_192435_zps9021f053.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162312_zps82925221.jpg.html]

My K&H seat I ordered at the end of November should be here before Christmas. I am quite anxious to receive it and will post pics. I also will have some Chic Designs hand guards and Moriwaki skid pads on the way shortly.
Hey, those are my mirrors! You can't have those. :D

Nice, aren't they? I really like mine, on my lower bars.
Great minds think alike! I like them, too.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
I received my Chic Design smoked handguards and Moriwaki skid pads the other day. I felt the sliders blended in a bit better than the various engine guards made for these. Basic tip over protection was all I was going for.

The hand guards really look neat. They match my Dart screen pretty well. They knock a good amount of wind blast off my hands so that I can wear my medium weight gloves with liners. Before, my hands were numb within 15 minutes at 50 degrees. The first test showed promising results for wind protection. It was in the upper 40's the other night. Wish my camera did a better job showing the colors in the sky.
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141223_174125_zps1ab8ed54.jpg.html]
DGShannon_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
I figured I would start a thread to keep track of what I have done to the bike since I bought it. I got it in June 2014 with just over 3k miles. It was bone stock:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140719_202618_zps11528a5a.jpg.html]

First thing I did was make my own license plate bracket:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140720_194530_zps1adb9c1e.jpg.html]

Then, I tried some adhesive rubber tank knee pads. I ended up not liking how they looked. This is just too pretty of a tank to have those. I may try some magnetic pads that I can remove when I don't want them on:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140727_095631_zps0bb7f8c5.jpg.html]

I love the naked looks, but no wind protection was killing the enjoyment of riding at highway speeds. The Dart Flyscreen did the trick:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140801_065203_zps6aaf80d2.jpg.html]

With the small screen on, I wanted to tuck in just a bit lower. Also, I felt the tall bars and mirror were a little awkward aesthetically. So, I got a set of Type 2 bars and some lower profile mirrors (Bikemasters):
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141007_181824_zpsf04035a2.jpg.html]

I needed to carry some stuff and settled upon a single left side saddlebag. I found one on japan.webike.net which had a relief for a blinker and ordered it along with an Agras fork brace. I also tried some different mirrors since the ones I bought were too narrow. The new mirrors are Bikemaster Old School Tube mirrors:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162327_zps4cd89c87.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_192435_zps9021f053.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162312_zps82925221.jpg.html]

My K&H seat I ordered at the end of November should be here before Christmas. I am quite anxious to receive it and will post pics. I also will have some Chic Designs hand guards and Moriwaki skid pads on the way shortly.
Hey, those are my mirrors! You can't have those. :D

Nice, aren't they? I really like mine, on my lower bars.
Great minds think alike! I like them, too.

Great minds think alike! I like them, too.
That seat is no good. Just send it to me so I can dispose of it properly! :D
 
the_undecider_imp said:
I figured I would start a thread to keep track of what I have done to the bike since I bought it. I got it in June 2014 with just over 3k miles. It was bone stock:


First thing I did was make my own license plate bracket:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140720_194530_zps1adb9c1e.jpg.html]

Then, I tried some adhesive rubber tank knee pads. I ended up not liking how they looked. This is just too pretty of a tank to have those. I may try some magnetic pads that I can remove when I don't want them on:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140727_095631_zps0bb7f8c5.jpg.html]

I love the naked looks, but no wind protection was killing the enjoyment of riding at highway speeds. The Dart Flyscreen did the trick:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20140801_065203_zps6aaf80d2.jpg.html]

With the small screen on, I wanted to tuck in just a bit lower. Also, I felt the tall bars and mirror were a little awkward aesthetically. So, I got a set of Type 2 bars and some lower profile mirrors (Bikemasters):
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141007_181824_zpsf04035a2.jpg.html]

I needed to carry some stuff and settled upon a single left side saddlebag. I found one on japan.webike.net which had a relief for a blinker and ordered it along with an Agras fork brace. I also tried some different mirrors since the ones I bought were too narrow. The new mirrors are Bikemaster Old School Tube mirrors:
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162327_zps4cd89c87.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_192435_zps9021f053.jpg.html]
[url=http://s960.photobucket.com/user/Pflugerville_Bike_Guy/media/20141127_162312_zps82925221.jpg.html]

My K&H seat I ordered at the end of November should be here before Christmas. I am quite anxious to receive it and will post pics. I also will have some Chic Designs hand guards and Moriwaki skid pads on the way shortly.
I just picked up my new '14 cb black std. Your bike looks great. I like really the saddle bag. I believe I found it on the web site - Is it a "Degner"? for $218? I would like to get the same one. Here is another question - what saddlebag support(brace) do you have on yours?
thanks
68 lupe
 
Back
Top