NC 80 (Devil?s Whip) to Blue Ridge Parkway

riggies_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Wanted to check out the Tahoma Dam and the road that takes you there (NC 80). We had some storms last week that caused some landslides and i was curious to the damage. I saw two landslides on NC 80, and two very bad road washouts. NC 80 is one of my favorite roads as it is much less trafficked then the dragon or the Parkway.



I ended up taking NC 80 to the parkway and heading up to the peak of Mt Mitchell. From my home location it ended up being about 200 miles round trip.

[url=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/jdebella/media/F68B9537-9AFF-4E84-BF5B-94F2413E948B.jpeg.html]

This is the parkway heading east right before the twin tunnels.
 
Thread starter
The A-man_imp said:
Look me up next time you're in my neighborhood. I'm about 15 miles from 80, near Marion.
Ok, I will do that.
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Hope all that is cleared out before early September, that's when i'm going to be riding 80 and a few other roads around there.
Are you going to be riding through or staying in the area?
 
I'll be staying for a few days! I posted about it a while back, but the current plan is to a 3-day stay during the 1st week of September. I'll be using Asheville as a home base and riding all over in a short radius. Current rides include NC80, 226A, MMR, some roads between Asheville and Cherokee, and up Mt. Mitchell as well. We're a ways out, still so nothing is set in stone. 80 was one of those at the top of the list though.
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
I'll be staying for a few days! I posted about it a while back, but the current plan is to a 3-day stay during the 1st week of September. I'll be using Asheville as a home base and riding all over in a short radius. Current rides include NC80, 226A, MMR, some roads between Asheville and Cherokee, and up Mt. Mitchell as well. We're a ways out, still so nothing is set in stone. 80 was one of those at the top of the list though.
Cool, if you want to meet up send me a private message.
 
Django_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Django_imp said:
Note to myself: add NC 30 to the list of roads to ride across the USA. :thumbsup:
Did you mean NC 80 ?
Did you mean NC 80 ?
Errhm, yes. :rolleyes:


Note to myself: don't post late night...
Did you mean NC 80 ?
Errhm, yes. :rolleyes:


Note to myself: don't post late night... Probably the strong German beer , we live about 15 minutes from the Sierra Nevada brewery in WNC , a beautiful place to visit.
 
Django: there's one right nearby NC80 by the number 226A that is arguably twistier. It's known as the Diamondback, and starts in a Small biker-tourism town called Little Switzerland.

See the map here:
Google Maps

(edited my map because it wasn't loading right)

I say, ride both!
 
I see 6 re-quotes Houtman. I will remove 5 of them.
 
Houtman,
Houtman,
Houtman,
Houtman,
Houtman,

What kind of device are you using to post?
What kind of device are you using to post?
What kind of device are you using to post?
What kind of device are you using to post?
What kind of device are you using to post?

Ha ha! Just messing with ya! :D
Ha ha! Just messing with ya! :D
Ha ha! Just messing with ya! :D
Ha ha! Just messing with ya! :D
Ha ha! Just messing with ya! :D
 
Back
Top