2018 Goldwing accessories

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
Yep, you're having WAY too much fun with that new Gold Wing! :D

But if you have as much snow as my sister-in-law over in Adrian, what else can you really do? Nice bike!
 
Lol I like the gray one better. You are a handy guy Ray.
 
I like when subtle changes are made where you can see them and more radical changes are made where you can't. I like the flames on the case-liners because they add a little "pop" in an area that only you and a few others will ever see.

I have the backing plate for my license plate painted red. Hardly anyone notices (subtle), but when they do, they mention that it's a nice touch. I don't have a top case to line or much of anything that is completely hidden. but now you have me thinking of doing something to the underside of my CB1100's seat. LOL

Carry on.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys!

The flames versus gray...
“sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t”

Not sure which will get the nod. Cool part is they are easily changed :)

Found out last night I got the wrong rear carrier :-/ Called & left a message with Kaleb. I’m sure he’ll make it right.
 
Razor, congrats on your new Wing! This is a great thread and I hope you keep it updated for us. I may not be buying one, but I am really interested in the new Wing and would enjoy hearing your thoughts as you bond with your new bike.
 
Thread starter
Some of the accessories are still on backorder. Hopefully they’ll all be in soon, and then the fun begins.

In the meantime; I’ve put the side covers and seat back on, just in case we get a good day. Been going through the owners manual... over & over (takes me a while to grasp some things). Paired my android phone. Easy- peasy, even asked if I’d like to upload my contact list. There’s some noted problems with Bluetooth and getting some features to work. Honda is aware of it, and the aftermarket is seeking solutions for their products.
 
Nice! I think you picked the best color (Candy Ardent Red) for your bike. I really like it. The flames are cool too.

Just not sure I'll ever get used to seeing a bike -- any bike -- without a clutch lever!
 
Needless to say, congrats, enjoy it and as usual for Honda trouble free and safe:biker:
I know who to call in case of moving needs = lots of luggage space...lol..
:thumbsup:
pb
 
Yowza Ray, you really tear them apart lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Yowza Ray, you really tear them apart lol
I've always harboured a suspicion that Ray likes 'em just as much when they're in bits. He would have been a natural for a 1960s British bike. :D
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Yowza Ray, you really tear them apart lol
I've always harboured a suspicion that Ray likes 'em just as much when they're in bits. He would have been a natural for a 1960s British bike. :D
Unfortunately British bikes had to be re-built every 10,000 miles. A couple of oil changes and a set of tires were all the Goldwing needed at that mileage.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Yowza Ray, you really tear them apart lol
I thought the previous years were tough; this one a notch tougher :s
Can understand that all the “stuff” has to fit somewhere, but its very tight, and even servicing the air filter requires most of the body panels to be removed.

Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Yowza Ray, you really tear them apart lol
I've always harboured a suspicion that Ray likes 'em just as much when they're in bits. He would have been a natural for a 1960s British bike. :D
You’re correct; I do enjoy working on them, seeing how they tick :)
Use to race karts in the 80’s. I’d spend every moment thinking of how to make it go faster, while staying on the edge of the rules.

Got errands to run today, but the weather looks good tomorrow for the first ride!
use2b_imp said:
love your new wing and following with enthusiasm :thumbsup:
Thanks. Wish I was down in Florida enjoying the bike :biker:
peterbaron_imp said:
Needless to say, congrats, enjoy it and as usual for Honda trouble free and safe:biker:
I know who to call in case of moving needs = lots of luggage space...lol..
:thumbsup:
pb
Thanks. This new generation has smaller saddle bags and trunk space. No problem for me, but some with older Wings are concerned.

The fuel tank is smaller too by 1.1gals. Honda compensated by redesigning the engine to increase torque, a wee bit more HP, and better fuel economy.
 
Razor_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Yowza Ray, you really tear them apart lol
I thought the previous years were tough; this one a notch tougher :s
Can understand that all the “stuff” has to fit somewhere, but its very tight, and even servicing the air filter requires most of the body panels to be removed.

Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Yowza Ray, you really tear them apart lol
I've always harboured a suspicion that Ray likes 'em just as much when they're in bits. He would have been a natural for a 1960s British bike. :D
You’re correct; I do enjoy working on them, seeing how they tick :)
Use to race karts in the 80’s. I’d spend every moment thinking of how to make it go faster, while staying on the edge of the rules.

Got errands to run today, but the weather looks good tomorrow for the first ride!
use2b_imp said:
love your new wing and following with enthusiasm :thumbsup:
Thanks. Wish I was down in Florida enjoying the bike :biker:
peterbaron_imp said:
Needless to say, congrats, enjoy it and as usual for Honda trouble free and safe:biker:
I know who to call in case of moving needs = lots of luggage space...lol..
:thumbsup:
pb
Thanks. This new generation has smaller saddle bags and trunk space. No problem for me, but some with older Wings are concerned.

The fuel tank is smaller too by 1.1gals. Honda compensated by redesigning the engine to increase torque, a wee bit more HP, and better fuel economy.
We added chrome racks to the saddlebag covers and trunk. On one wet trip we rented a motel road rather than camp. It was hard to move around the room because of the stuff we took off our Goldwing.

Penny always referred to our Aspencade as "the Cadillac of motorcycles".
 
Penny would flip out if she rode on the back of one of the newer Wings. Queens perch. With backrest, blue tooth music, intercom, heated seat, arm rests, passenger floorboards lol
 
Won't be long before Wings come equipped with a screen so the passenger can watch movies!

Hope you get your ride in tomorrow, Razor.
 
Back
Top