The true beauty of this motorcycle. (another LONG read)

First post its enough to read /looking pics there....all other more is waste of time....

Better read every post in this thread....
Only still this big full quotes suck like a sick one
 
egleaves_imp said:
I love the meandering path these longer threads wind up taking. It seems appropriate for a forum full of people who are likely to take the long way home just to keep the ride going.
:worship:
 
Okay, now that I've learned what RLETs are, will someone here explain their purpose?

I mean, seriously, condoms for brake and clutch levers? Are we afraid of catching something from some harlot Harley or pulchritudinous PC800, or what?
 
VLJ_imp said:
Okay, now that I've learned what RLETs are, will someone here explain their purpose?

I mean, seriously, condoms for brake and clutch levers? Are we afraid of catching something from some harlot Harley or pulchritudinous PC800, or what?
First off, there is no way on Earth that you read the entire RLET thread or it's addendum thread "What's an RLET?" What's an RLET? or you would not have asked for an explanation of their purpose --- NOT because the explanation is directly given within those threads, but precisely because it is NOT given.

Now, stop Bogarting that joint and keep reading. It will come to you. LOL
 
A Padawan VLJ is. Learn and understand he will or join the Dark Sith Lord Redbirds
 
EmptySea_imp said:
VLJ_imp said:
Okay, now that I've learned what RLETs are, will someone here explain their purpose?

I mean, seriously, condoms for brake and clutch levers? Are we afraid of catching something from some harlot Harley or pulchritudinous PC800, or what?
First off, there is no way on Earth that you read the entire RLET thread or it's addendum thread "What's an RLET?" What's an RLET? or you would not have asked for an explanation of their purpose --- NOT because the explanation is directly given within those threads, but precisely because it is NOT given.

Now, stop Bogarting that joint and keep reading. It will come to you. LOL
First off, there is no way on Earth that you read the entire RLET thread or it's addendum thread "What's an RLET?" What's an RLET? or you would not have asked for an explanation of their purpose --- NOT because the explanation is directly given within those threads, but precisely because it is NOT given.

Now, stop Bogarting that joint and keep reading. It will come to you. LOL
Thanks MTC. I just came to look for the 'What is an RLET' thread. Given its more abstract nature, it's probably of more interest to those west of the Mississippi with a handy stash of mushrooms.
 
VLJ_imp said:
Okay, now that I've learned what RLETs are, will someone here explain their purpose?

I mean, seriously, condoms for brake and clutch levers? Are we afraid of catching something from some harlot Harley or pulchritudinous PC800, or what?
They're evil VLJ. I have rid many a Honda of these detestable parasites. No one can explain their function because they have no function other than to clutter the otherwise clean lines of the levers.
 
redbirds, I agree. Apparently it's sacriligious not to slap those things on a CB, but I really dislike how they look. I definitely would not want to ghetto-up the classy finish of the '17 EX's all-silver and chrome bars/dash with those Sanford and Son-looking things.
 
Banned_imp said:
I don't have RLETS - you guys won't make me go home from the Rally will you?
At previous rallies, I believe there has been an RLET install contest. Even if there is no contest, you may be lucky enough to have TheFerret assist you with the install. Buy some and bring them with you.
 
Won't need me.. nemo the RLET installation wizard will be there. HIs record is 11 seconds, from the second rally.
 
No 11 sec for one. Someone else was times on the other side.
 
VLJ_imp said:
redbirds, I agree. Apparently it's sacriligious not to slap those things on a CB, but I really dislike how they look. I definitely would not want to ghetto-up the classy finish of the '17 EX's all-silver and chrome bars/dash with those Sanford and Son-looking things.
and i was thinking about putting a CB antenna on my CB
 
VLJ_imp said:
redbirds, I agree. Apparently it's sacriligious not to slap those things on a CB, but I really dislike how they look. I definitely would not want to ghetto-up the classy finish of the '17 EX's all-silver and chrome bars/dash with those Sanford and Son-looking things.

Really doesn't matter, I am pretty confident after your Sunday test ride, that there won't be a CB 1100 in your garage anytime soon. Maybe a CB1000R though.
 
I do like the CB1000R quite a bit, but its seating position might make it a no-go for me, never mind the rumors of how pricey it will be. Still, if you prove correct and I find that I just can't come to grips with the CB1100's lack of power, the CB1000R would then jump right to the top of my list, with the Z900 being the less attractive yet far more affordable second choice.

I still suspect that you're exaggerating, though. Too many people with years and years of experience on genuinely fast bikes describe the CB1100 as being plenty fast enough, and I have a feeling I will agree with them. I'm guessing it will prove to be fast enough that it won't bother me, while the rest of the bike will win me over.

That's my hope, anyway, and my early prediction.
 
Back
Top