The stock seat?

SeaFlea_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Greetings all, I'm new to the forum and am enjoying my new 2013 CB1100. Its a really nice riding bike, very pleased.

A question, the stock seat, I went on a 3-4 hr ride this past weekend and I felt like the stock seat was "funnelling" my butt down towards the gas tank. It was like I needed to lift and push aft abit on the seat every 10 min to stay comfortable.

Does anyone else get this on the stock seat?

2nd'ly, of those that have gone with an after market seat, what brand did you choose and how do you like it over stock?

Thanks everyone for your time and feedback.

Good Rides, Seaflea.
 
Not much sliding on my '13; did you apply more than the factory recommended amount of Crisco?

I'm not a huge fan of this seat. My goal is to get a factory '14 seat and try that out.

Reminder to all: PM me with your '14 seat for sale when you upgrade to something else!
 
There are seat threads and pics all over the site. If you search around you will find ALL KINDS of seats and discussion.

PS. Not trying to be a "use the search" jerk, just saying there is a LOT of seat stuff on here...

And, welcome to the forum!
 
I think K&H are the best. I found it to be alot better then stock. I miss mine, it was so nice.
They make one to go with my tank but they don't do the checker board pattern stitch that I need. If they ever do I'm getting one.
Seats at Samu: Seats | Samurider.com
 
I'm in the market for a second seat (third if you count the stock seat). Probably another K&H in a sportier style.

Here's the list of K&H seats for the CB1100:

Home - KandH
 
or.....I found after about 3K miles,(seriously) I started getting used to mine, not sure if it was my butt or the seat that conformed.
FYI - I've heard quite a few people say they slide forward, at least on the 13's.
 
Thread starter
Thanks all for the replies.

Has anyone tried a Sargent Custom Seat? The folks at Sargent said while they don't have a replacement at this time, their custom seat shop could re-work the stock seat for around $275.

Less than the Corbin but no refunds if you don't like it.

SeaFlea.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
There are seat threads and pics all over the site. If you search around you will find ALL KINDS of seats and discussion.

PS. Not trying to be a "use the search" jerk, just saying there is a LOT of seat stuff on here...

And, welcome to the forum!
Hehe popgun, I love that disclaimer right there. I know what you mean, you try to say something genuinely helpful and someone will interpret it the wrong way, and get all up in your inter-face. (As I've found out recently myself!)

I find sitting further back on the seat and gripping the tank with your knees works well. Also allows you to shift body position without upsetting the bike with undesired bar inputs.

Would I buy a new seat? Yes if funds were unlimited, will I now? I doubt it.
 
Sargent does a great job! I have used them many times,I may call them and see if they can replace the foam in my DLX seat with something more comfortable like maybe memory foam. They can reuse the stock cover for the look,I like the look but my ass kills me on longer rides:idea:
 
Thread starter
Thanks to all for your replies. I think I will go with a Corbin seat. It looks like a well built AMERICAN product with quite a few choices in colors and materials.

thanks again all.

Seaflea
 
Just FYI, the stock seat does seem to break in after a while. Initially I hated it but after 12000kms it's actually not too bad. I did 4 hours the other day and really it was pretty comfortable. And I've got the even more sculpted Japanese spec seat which came with the Australian models.
 
I'm going to have Lamm do my seat. After the Not-a-Rally for Moto Guzzi this past weekend the Griso gets first shot though (it's seat is a true bum burner for me). Although he is more of a phone guy than an email guy.
 
Back
Top