The Innocents Abroad -To Neel Gap with Ride4now

Very nice I enjoyed it immensely as I pass my evening here in Peru. I sure hope weather is nice so I can ride over the holidays when I get home.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Thanks for sharing.. Very well done..
 
Loved how it started with the Aussie Music and then in the US south turned into Flatt and Scruggs..Brilliant

Man that FJR shield fluttered. I don't remember the shields on the FJR's I have ridden doing that.

and what the heck kind of airplane seat did you have? That looked deluxe next to the sardine can squeeze I normally get to fly in.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Loved how it started with the Aussie Music and then in the US south turned into Flatt and Scruggs..Brilliant

Man that FJR shield fluttered. I don't remember the shields on the FJR's I have ridden doing that.

and what the heck kind of airplane seat did you have? That looked deluxe next to the sardine can squeeze I normally get to fly in.
Thanks Ferret. Any feedback is appreciated. Next will be "SLAYING THE DRAGON", featuring, or should I say starring, as many Forum members as the photos I can dredge up from rally posts.

I made comment about the FJR screen in another post. A comfortable bike, nice power, felt like a tank in corners. I tried to ride it like my CB, and previous bikes, and scrubbed the rear tyre out in five days. As for the screen; it did flutter when it was raised, so much so that after day one I retracted it and only raised it when I thought it would keep a little water off me. And it did in light rain. Funnily enough I felt the screen, when fully retracted, gave me similar wind protection to my rather minuscule Dart Flyscreen. A pressure wave on the upper chest and helmet in clean air.

The aircraft seat? Unfortunately I was forced to use Qantas A380 First Class as the Dactyl Intergalactic private was down for a refurbishment. I needed to get the gilt bed head, bath taps and Louis XIV furniture replaced. They were, well, "so yesterday".

Cheers

CAUTION: This post may contain traces of bovine faecal matter.
 
Thread starter
quietguy_imp said:
Great video... beautiful country.

I was half expecting to hear the "dueling banjos" tune from Deliverance...

Thanks Quietguy. I know The Lone Star State has some impressive real estate, after all I am officially an "Honorary Aggie", but I was really impressed by the Appalachians, specifically the Great Smokies. Those mountains of lush green. Beautiful. I now know why people walk that trail.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl,

A few years back I had planned, and failed, to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway... from Tennessee 400 miles north into Virginia. I had seen a lot of photos and videos of that roadway - absolutely breath-taking. Maybe someday before I "go".

... quietguy
 
Nice work, Pterodactyl. Brought back some nice memories.
 
Back
Top