the_undecider_imp
Been there
Thread starter
One perk of my job at a powersports dealer is being able to borrow a bike for the weekend. Not sure why, but I decided to take one of our used Harleys. Its a 2007 Street Glide with the TC 96 and 6 speed.
It's slow, heavy, vague steering, no lean angle, brakes feel like wood, gets hot sitting at a stop, wind buffeting from the short shield, it shakes like crazy at idle, and the dang header melted part of my boot sole.
I was surprised how smooth it gets once off idle. The suspension, despite only 2 inches of travel at the rear, do a decent job of soaking bumps.
I don't see myself buying one, but I didn't have a bad time riding it. There is an appealing side of slow and low and jamming some tunes sure is nice. It was strange suddenly having ALL other Harley riders waving because I am used to only a portion waving. You feel like part of something bigger when you ride one. H-D really have created something of a cult with their bikes, and I dont mean that in a Jim Jones/ David Koresh way.
Anyway, it was a beautiful day to get out and ride, no matter what you're on. I look forward to posting more ride reports with other bikes I can get my hands on.

It's slow, heavy, vague steering, no lean angle, brakes feel like wood, gets hot sitting at a stop, wind buffeting from the short shield, it shakes like crazy at idle, and the dang header melted part of my boot sole.
I was surprised how smooth it gets once off idle. The suspension, despite only 2 inches of travel at the rear, do a decent job of soaking bumps.
I don't see myself buying one, but I didn't have a bad time riding it. There is an appealing side of slow and low and jamming some tunes sure is nice. It was strange suddenly having ALL other Harley riders waving because I am used to only a portion waving. You feel like part of something bigger when you ride one. H-D really have created something of a cult with their bikes, and I dont mean that in a Jim Jones/ David Koresh way.
Anyway, it was a beautiful day to get out and ride, no matter what you're on. I look forward to posting more ride reports with other bikes I can get my hands on.



It was not my first HD. I previously owned a 1966 shovel head and a 1960 (Magneto) sportster. I performed all the level one and two upgrades to the FLSTN . What I did not like was the suspension, low clearance, low torque range of the engine. Going down the freeway it was perfect. Mountain roads not so much. I traded it in for a BMW and swapped that for the CB. I love everything about the CB. It, in my humble opinion, is a perfect balance of performance, form, and function. I've been riding motorcycles for over 50 years. This CB has woken me up to what I have been missing for the last 20 years! I will not be going back.