That ugly round blank on the throttle body

Cool what you did to cover that blank space.
Until I saw this thread I had never even noticed this blank spot, but now out of curiosity I looked for it.
Yep, it's there alright, but hardly anything that concerns me at all.
And yes, I'm one of those who doesn't feel properly dressed unless there are bills in my wallet and change in my pocket - and plastic too :D
Cash is good anywhere. Being able to use plastic isn't always available in some remote areas, but everyone understands cash :thumbsup:
 
I never noticed this spot before. But once seen, I couldn't avoid seeing it every time I looked at the right side of the bike.

I found a cure, filing one side of a quarter smooth, painting it black, and gluing it into place. Much less annoying now. Whew!
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
I never noticed this spot before. But once seen, I couldn't avoid seeing it every time I looked at the right side of the bike.

I found a cure, filing one side of a quarter smooth, painting it black, and gluing it into place. Much less annoying now. Whew!
That gives me an idea. I might paint the quarter with anodized red paint and it'll match the oil filler plug I bought off you a while back.
 
This morning as I was slappin' the tankslapper on my CB, I told my wife what The Un-Decider had done in the round blank spot. She disappeared back in the house to then reappear with a Puerto Rico quarter.
:thumbsup:
 
Shoe Goo it! It will never come off!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Looks to me like a four bit solution.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
 
Sorry, meant "two bit" (25¢) solution. Thought it was the same on both sides until I looked.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
 
Doing a google search on quarter sized medallions and found some for each of the armed forces - if that is of interest.

I suspect there are other choices, maybe even Honda logo's, that would fit in there.

Crazy glue is too brittle for this job. RTV or silicone adhesive or that automotive double sided tape to attach trim are excellent choices. But an air nailer may do the job too........ :angel:
 
Was looking thru some quarters tonight while pondering this thread. I think I have every state and some interesting places like Arches, and Mt Rushmore but interestingly I found 2 for the" Blue Ridge Parkway 2015" North Carolina with a depiction of the curvy road and one of the tunnels where our first CB1100 Rally was this year and where I have ridden both of my CB's.

https://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/atb/?local=BlueRidgePkwy

Doh... see I'm late to the party as several members already mentioned this quarter earlier in the thread. Always a day behind I tell ya :-/
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Was looking thru some quarters tonight while pondering this thread. I think I have every state and some interesting places like Arches, and Mt Rushmore but interestingly I found 2 for the" Blue Ridge Parkway 2015" North Carolina with a depiction of the curvy road and one of the tunnels where our first CB1100 Rally was this year and where I have ridden both of my CB's.

https://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/atb/?local=BlueRidgePkwy

Doh... see I'm late to the party as several members already mentioned this quarter earlier in the thread. Always a day behind I tell ya :-/
I have one of those quarters in my pocket right now. That's on my bucket list of places to ride. Probably won't be on the CB unless I trailered it out there. It's not set up for touring and stays close to home.

So, did you put that quarter on your bike?
 
Back
Top