Tank knee pads

I made my own by making a paper pattern, then cutting some rubber sheet flooring material I had left over. On another forum I read about 3M exterior double stick tape to hold the pads on, and two years later they show no signs of coming off. I commute in Seattle weather year round, so they get a work out.

[url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/jonz1/media/over%20Hwy2-%20May%208th%2015/IMG_5059_zps17gy5qom.jpg.html]
[url=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/jonz1/media/Twisp/IMG_5080_zpsm0pz5ooo.jpg.html]
 
I have the ones from tech spec that are made for a Triumph bonny. If you search my threads you will find my youtube video showing them. Or you can go to youtube and search CB1100 with cafe mods.
This is the link to my video, hope it works.
 
Guth_imp said:
I could only imagine being tempted if the shape of the pads matched the lines of the tank.

5ada188ea6bc3f243cec57038e1f4bba.jpg
That's exactly what I'm looking for! Something that matches the whole indent and is textured/ slightly raised

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Hi Dvassino, sorry I am struggling to upload photo's. Have a look at Item No 111757152769 on EBay. They are real good quality and look great on the bike.

Regards
J.W.

Dvassino_imp said:
Do you have any pics J.W. of the knee pads from Montone?
Thanks
Dino
J.W._imp said:
I've got some nice rubber knee pads fitted to my CB1100, and they look great. I've also got done fitted to my Triumph Thruxton. I got mine from a supplier called Motone. They are designed for the Triumph, but they fit perfect to the 1100. I purchased the plain ones for the CB.

Regards
J.W.
 
gbpack89_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
I could only imagine being tempted if the shape of the pads matched the lines of the tank.

5ada188ea6bc3f243cec57038e1f4bba.jpg
That's exactly what I'm looking for! Something that matches the whole indent and is textured/ slightly raised

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
If only manufacturing a part was a simple as creating something in photoshop. :dodgy:
 
I like the idea of knee pads, but with my inclination towards symmetry, aesthetics, and proportion, they have to fit the lines of the bike and integrate nicely. The ones above would fit the bill nicely.
 
Yeah, I had to mount them lower than I thought looked good. I taped them on before pulling off the backing, and they were too high for a good grip. Where they are now my knees get a really good grip. My inseam is 32" so for other members considering them, unless you have a 34" or more inseam you'll have to mount them lower if you want a good grip, or you want to prevent tank scratches from your thighs.
 
Bumping this thread that I've looked at so many times. I picked these up on ebay this week. Thoughts? I'm still on the fence. Going riding tomorrow morning so I'll know more then ;)


 
I'll be interested to hear what you think. They look OK.
 
I just found these on eBay today - glad to see someone on here already bought them. I had messaged the seller asking for pics of them on a CB1100. Thanks for being the guinea pig!

Agree with Cormanus - they look ok. I wish the shape followed the outline of the knee indents more closely. At least you have good knee grip now! That's one thing I miss from my last bike.
 
They do, although I think it's a pity they have CB1100 written on them.
 
Back
Top