Tank Guards?

Rocky_imp said:
capttwb136_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
capttwb136_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
I cut my own tank guards using magnetic sheet from MagKnight > http://www.mag-knight.com/Simple Sheet.htm

As you can see, I wrapped the guards around the corner of the tank on my 2014 Deluxe as I was scuffing the paint there too.
That really was a great idea. Looks like bikes back in the 60's and seventies. Do the "pads" stay firmly in place? I'd like to protect my tank where my knees rest.
That really was a great idea. Looks like bikes back in the 60's and seventies. Do the "pads" stay firmly in place? I'd like to protect my tank where my knees rest.
Yes they do.
Mine have never moved since I put them on over one year ago.
That really was a great idea. Looks like bikes back in the 60's and seventies. Do the "pads" stay firmly in place? I'd like to protect my tank where my knees rest.
Yes they do.
Mine have never moved since I put them on over one year ago. Thanks Rocky! Just what I needed to know. Did you get two sheets? Or did one sheet do it?
That really was a great idea. Looks like bikes back in the 60's and seventies. Do the "pads" stay firmly in place? I'd like to protect my tank where my knees rest.
Yes they do.
Mine have never moved since I put them on over one year ago. Thanks Rocky! Just what I needed to know. Did you get two sheets? Or did one sheet do it?
The sheets are 9" x 12" so you should get two sheets, but it depends on how large you want the finished product to be.
If you make them too small they won't look right so I would get two sheets.
That really was a great idea. Looks like bikes back in the 60's and seventies. Do the "pads" stay firmly in place? I'd like to protect my tank where my knees rest.
Yes they do.
Mine have never moved since I put them on over one year ago. Thanks Rocky! Just what I needed to know. Did you get two sheets? Or did one sheet do it?
The sheets are 9" x 12" so you should get two sheets, but it depends on how large you want the finished product to be.
If you make them too small they won't look right so I would get two sheets.
Thanks again. What did you use to make your templates?
 
Knee Pad Templates

This will take you to the thread where the templates are posted.
I printed them and used them as a guide to make mine.

At the time I probably didn't properly thank the poster for the templates so I'll do it now.
Many thanks for the templates. They worked great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Rocky_imp said:
Knee Pad Templates

This will take you to the thread where the templates are posted.
I printed them and used them as a guide to make mine.

At the time I probably didn't properly thank the poster for the templates so I'll do it now.
Many thanks for the templates. They worked great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Rocky! I had a 1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador years ago and it had two chrome tank spaces where you gripped the tank. I'm thinking of getting two of the magnetic chrome sheets and using the templates cutting out two for my black CB. If I can just figure out how to shrink my photo's I'll post a pic of it when I'm done. Thanks again.
 
capttwb136_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Knee Pad Templates

This will take you to the thread where the templates are posted.
I printed them and used them as a guide to make mine.

At the time I probably didn't properly thank the poster for the templates so I'll do it now.
Many thanks for the templates. They worked great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Rocky! I had a 1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador years ago and it had two chrome tank spaces where you gripped the tank. I'm thinking of getting two of the magnetic chrome sheets and using the templates cutting out two for my black CB. If I can just figure out how to shrink my photo's I'll post a pic of it when I'm done. Thanks again.
Something like this?
 
TINK_imp said:
capttwb136_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Knee Pad Templates

This will take you to the thread where the templates are posted.
I printed them and used them as a guide to make mine.

At the time I probably didn't properly thank the poster for the templates so I'll do it now.
Many thanks for the templates. They worked great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Rocky! I had a 1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador years ago and it had two chrome tank spaces where you gripped the tank. I'm thinking of getting two of the magnetic chrome sheets and using the templates cutting out two for my black CB. If I can just figure out how to shrink my photo's I'll post a pic of it when I'm done. Thanks again.
Something like this?
Something like this?
Yep that is like what I want to do. The Guzzi had white pin striping around it's chrome area. However I think that would be a little too much on the CB tank.

Did you do that Tink? What kind of bike is that?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Is it this thread? post #9.

If necessary, I have the pattern he emailed me and I can dig it out.
Was there supposed to be a link to another thread? For some reason I can't see it. I'm interested in this as well.
Was there supposed to be a link to another thread? For some reason I can't see it. I'm interested in this as well.
Yes, there was supposed to be a link :blush:

Here it is: Tank Pad post 9
Thank you! Wow, quite a few options to mull over now.
 
capttwb136_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
capttwb136_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Knee Pad Templates

This will take you to the thread where the templates are posted.
I printed them and used them as a guide to make mine.

At the time I probably didn't properly thank the poster for the templates so I'll do it now.
Many thanks for the templates. They worked great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Rocky! I had a 1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador years ago and it had two chrome tank spaces where you gripped the tank. I'm thinking of getting two of the magnetic chrome sheets and using the templates cutting out two for my black CB. If I can just figure out how to shrink my photo's I'll post a pic of it when I'm done. Thanks again.
Something like this?
Something like this?
Yep that is like what I want to do. The Guzzi had white pin striping around it's chrome area. However I think that would be a little too much on the CB tank.

Did you do that Tink? What kind of bike is that?
Something like this?
Yep that is like what I want to do. The Guzzi had white pin striping around it's chrome area. However I think that would be a little too much on the CB tank.

Did you do that Tink? What kind of bike is that?
Well I just received a email from MagKnight informing me they no longer carry the Chrome magnetic sheets, they thought they had deleted them from their website. So I guess I can't do the chrome tank pads. Anybody have any suggestions for a black tank?
 
Back
Top