Sweet Dreams

gary_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
09995f7f6492cb2a4a94fbe964991070.jpg


I haven't seen a night shot of the gauge cluster yet. So here ya go.
 
Lovely.

But there's a curiosity: why have a neutral light when you cold put an "N' in the gear number indicator?
 
I haven't seen my gauge cluster at night. Now I am going to have to go out in the garage, turn the key on and look at that gorgeous piece of electronics. Thanks gary.

Btw way to rack up miles. You must be enjoying it.
 
Cormanus, I thought the same thing too. The 'N' belongs in the
cluster not in one of the guages. Another strange thing I noticed is
if you come to a stop, leaving the bike in 1st (say at a light), and happen
to rest your foot on the shift lever pushing it down, the '1 ' in the
cluster becomes '----'. The first time I saw that I thought I had a
problem.
 
ride4now_imp said:
Cormanus, I thought the same thing too. The 'N' belongs in the
cluster not in one of the guages. Another strange thing I noticed is
if you come to a stop, leaving the bike in 1st (say at a light), and happen
to rest your foot on the shift lever pushing it down, the '1 ' in the
cluster becomes '----'. The first time I saw that I thought I had a
problem.
I wonder why?
 
Because you are not supposed to keep your foot pushing down on the shift lever at a light..... Thats an error code
 
You're right if course, Ferret, but the bike's so clever it could at least say, ERROR! GET YOUR FOOT OFF THE GEAR LEVER!. Another improvement for 2015.
 
Ok...then why no 'error' code if one happens to 'ride' the brakes??? Hmm????


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cormanus... you forgot... ERROR! GET FOOT OFF THE GEAR LEVER YOU FOOL! That would work better...don't you think?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I haven't seen my gauge cluster at night. Now I am going to have to go out in the garage, turn the key on and look at that gorgeous piece of electronics. Thanks gary.

Btw way to rack up miles. You must be enjoying it.
I am enjoying it very much. I see myself adjusting the ergonomics for my size (6' 3") but its not too bad where it sits. She is parked until the oil change though. Time to ride one of the neglected bikes. :celebrate:
 
ride4now_imp said:
Ok...then why no 'error' code if one happens to 'ride' the brakes??? Hmm????


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cormanus... you forgot... ERROR! GET FOOT OFF THE GEAR LEVER YOU FOOL! That would work better...don't you think?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:rofl:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lovely.

But there's a curiosity: why have a neutral light when you cold put an "N' in the gear number indicator?
To add a serious post to this thread, it's a light for fast indication to the operator without needing to read the LCD. Maybe Honda deemed it to be 'at a glance' necessary, like how my Acura lights up and the dash LCD turns orange and screams FUEL LOW in huge letters, like I don't know how to read a giant fuel gauge!
 
It seems all bikes have a green neutral light so I wonder if that is mandated by law or something (e.g. left hand shift, right hand brakes - common controls)
 
Back
Top