Superbrace

I agree with Papa Weeley. I love your mods. I have one suggest for a mod that you should really do, though....

Paint it red...like a REAL Honda! :biker:

:rofl::celebrate::excited:
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
I agree with Papa Weeley. I love your mods. I have one suggest for a mod that you should really do, though....

Paint it red...like a REAL Honda! :biker:

:rofl::celebrate::excited:
Ha! Thanks MTC. But I don't think I'm ready for that kind of speed. The RLETs are almost more than I can handle. I paint it red and Lord knows I'll be setting land speed records on our local roads. You red CB riders must burn through, what, three, four sets of tires per season?
 
Well..there is the speed difference. I hadn't considered that really, and not only with the RLETS, but your blue helmet has to generate at least 2 or 3 extra HP at the rear wheel. You're probably fine with the black. As for me, the red doesn't translate to extra speed because it has to haul my fat butt around.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Nice.
I think of all the black CBs I've seen, I like the mods you've done the most. :thumbsup:
Wow, thanks Papa! Wait a second...is mine the ONLY black CB you've seen?
Wow, thanks Papa! Wait a second...is mine the ONLY black CB you've seen?
Mum's the word... :D
 
The CB is looking good MG. The black SuperBrace looks right at home on your bike.

Let's face it guys, the RLETS mounted on the red bikes border on being downright gaudy. You're basically just laying all of your cards out on the table. But on the black CBs, they have a more subdued look — more like STEALTHLETS.
 
Ferret, Please ban Guth :P (is that even possible? :D)

Never diss my RLETS! :D
 
I'm going to cut him some slack this time, sometimes jealousy just gets the better of people and they say things they don't really mean
 
We should consider banning RLETS due to over use and abuse. Next thing you know, little white baskets in front and tassels hanging from the grips. When will the maddess end?! :D
 
Rboe_imp said:
We should consider banning RLETS due to over use and abuse. Next thing you know, little white baskets in front and tassels hanging from the grips. When will the maddess end?! :D
GASP ... you take that back! :@



;)
 
Heck, I'm going to order another set for spares today or tomorrow.

I may even have the only ST in the world with RLETS! I like them.
 
Thread starter
mjezek_imp said:
I think black mirrors will do at least another 2-3 HP ....:D
Hmmm, those CB500F mirrors do look pretty good. 2 - 3 HP, you say? Maybe I should throw caution to the wind, get the black mirrors and paint the bike red! Then I'll need to buy a trailer and a vehicle capable of towing one! I just don't see any other way I'd be able to get my beast of a motorcycle to Bonneville. This is getting more expensive than I first imagined.
Guth_imp said:
The CB is looking good MG. The black SuperBrace looks right at home on your bike.

Let's face it guys, the RLETS mounted on the red bikes border on being downright gaudy. You're basically just laying all of your cards out on the table. But on the black CBs, they have a more subdued look — more like STEALTHLETS.
Finally, someone who gets it!
Rboe_imp said:
We should consider banning RLETS due to over use and abuse. Next thing you know, little white baskets in front and tassels hanging from the grips. When will the maddess end?! :D
This reminds me of one hard night in college when, let's just say I consumed a few too many adult beverages. I got ahold of Sarah's email address and poured my heart out to her. Sarah was beautiful and, from all appearances, very nice. The problem is, I had never actually met Sarah. I just knew and admired her through mutual friends. My email didn't go over very well. The next day I received a kindly worded email response that read something like, "What you wrote is really nice but I don't really know you. I have to ask, how did you get my email address?"

The moral of the story is STOP SENDING MESSAGES WHILE YOU'RE DRUNK. It doesn't work out well for anyone involved.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
mjezek_imp said:
I think black mirrors will do at least another 2-3 HP ....:D
Hmmm, those CB500F mirrors do look pretty good. 2 - 3 HP, you say? Maybe I should throw caution to the wind, get the black mirrors and paint the bike red! Then I'll need to buy a trailer and a vehicle capable of towing one! I just don't see any other way I'd be able to get my beast of a motorcycle to Bonneville. This is getting more expensive than I first imagined.
Guth_imp said:
The CB is looking good MG. The black SuperBrace looks right at home on your bike.

Let's face it guys, the RLETS mounted on the red bikes border on being downright gaudy. You're basically just laying all of your cards out on the table. But on the black CBs, they have a more subdued look — more like STEALTHLETS.
Finally, someone who gets it!
Rboe_imp said:
We should consider banning RLETS due to over use and abuse. Next thing you know, little white baskets in front and tassels hanging from the grips. When will the maddess end?! :D
This reminds me of one hard night in college when, let's just say I consumed a few too many adult beverages. I got ahold of Sarah's email address and poured my heart out to her. Sarah was beautiful and, from all appearances, very nice. The problem is, I had never actually met Sarah. I just knew and admired her through mutual friends. My email didn't go over very well. The next day I received a kindly worded email response that read something like, "What you wrote is really nice but I don't really know you. I have to ask, how did you get my email address?"

The moral of the story is STOP SENDING MESSAGES WHILE YOU'RE DRUNK. It doesn't work out well for anyone involved.
This reminds me of one hard night in college when, let's just say I consumed a few too many adult beverages. I got ahold of Sarah's email address and poured my heart out to her. Sarah was beautiful and, from all appearances, very nice. The problem is, I had never actually met Sarah. I just knew and admired her through mutual friends. My email didn't go over very well. The next day I received a kindly worded email response that read something like, "What you wrote is really nice but I don't really know you. I have to ask, how did you get my email address?"

The moral of the story is STOP SENDING MESSAGES WHILE YOU'RE DRUNK. It doesn't work out well for anyone involved.
:rofl: maybe the funniest thing I've read on this forum
 
[/QUOTE]

The moral of the story is STOP SENDING MESSAGES WHILE YOU'RE DRUNK. It doesn't work out well for anyone involved.
[/QUOTE]

How old do we need to get to finally accept, that it is true ?:idea::idea::idea:
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Blockhead_imp said:
The bike is looking terrific MG....no gaiters though?:cool:[/u]
Thanks Blockhead! I'll tell you, I considered gaiters but opted against them. My upper forks will have to remain immodest.
Good. Otherwise, I'd have to take back that "nicest black CB" remark.

:D
 
Installed my new superbrace last week. Have riden about 150 miles since.

May be my imagination, but I think I notice a subtle but perceptable improvement in the feel of the front end - a little more solid, a little more responsive to countersteer. I don't ride close to the edge at all so I'll probably never know.

Main reason I installed the superbrace was to potenitally cure (or reduce) my mysterious front tread feathering problem. The OE Dunlop on the front has feathered pretty badly with only about 6k miles on it. I'm going to replace with a new front Bridgestone BT54 in a few weeks - hopefully the Bridgestone will fare better with the superbrace on there. We'll see. I'll report back when I have a couple of thousand miles on the new front tire...
 
Back
Top