Stock Exhaust Mod

Will be doing this mod in the next few days. I'll also submit a riding video with Spielberg quality production as well. ;)
 
Sorry for the holdup guys. Waiting to get a cordless power drill as the only one I have has to be plugged in. Apartment life is rough :/
 
specialist8_imp said:
Sorry for the holdup guys. Waiting to get a cordless power drill as the only one I have has to be plugged in. Apartment life is rough :/
Just ride it into the living room :celebrate:
Looking forward to the video.
 
Yup, all I did was drill one hole at a time (3/8") until it didn't sound like an exhaust leak. I think 8 or 9 holes, and just put the cap back on, sounds perfect.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 
Carguy1959_imp said:
Mine sounds about the same. I drilled 3, 1" holes, removed the snout and opened up the cap.
Exactly how did you do that? It seems that if a person drilled the holes and then reinstalled the end cap, that would negate the sound improvement coming from the holes. :huh:
 
Catbird_imp said:
Carguy1959_imp said:
Mine sounds about the same. I drilled 3, 1" holes, removed the snout and opened up the cap.
Exactly how did you do that? It seems that if a person drilled the holes and then reinstalled the end cap, that would negate the sound improvement coming from the holes. :huh:
Exactly how did you do that? It seems that if a person drilled the holes and then reinstalled the end cap, that would negate the sound improvement coming from the holes. :huh: It doesn't, I drilled 6 half inch holes. My bike has a pleasant rumble now with the end cap installed.
 
SStan11_imp said:
60db2008216bd7a55ed9d25f69fab295.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So no other work? No baffle changes?

and, again, is there a MPG cost here or a HP gain? Or is it just tone?

-Peter
 
pwh421_imp said:
SStan11_imp said:
60db2008216bd7a55ed9d25f69fab295.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So no other work? No baffle changes?

and, again, is there a MPG cost here or a HP gain? Or is it just tone?

-Peter
So no other work? No baffle changes?

and, again, is there a MPG cost here or a HP gain? Or is it just tone?

-Peter Nothing else required. If anything my mpg has slightly increased. My seat of the pants dyno tells me no hp gain. The sound is a much deeper rumble than stock, no excessive noise.
 
specialist8_imp said:
Will be doing this mod in the next few days. I'll also submit a riding video with Spielberg quality production as well. ;)
Add me to the list of looking forward to your riding and/or drive-by video version! :thumbsup:
 
I did this mod drilling holes only and was getting no change in mpg. Commuting is still 48 for mixed city/highway, road trip is 55-60 mpg for all highway. For me it was just to make sure the bike could be heard by pedestrians.
 
I did this mod, I drilled 8 3/8 holes similar to picture posted.
Sounded pretty good , pulled end cap while running notice improvement so I took a dremel tool and cut the pipe off that protrudes out of the end cap.i cut it about 3/8 " from plate that the holes were drilled in.
This left a bigger hole for exhaust to go thru instead of being squeezed
Between the small pipe and end cap. Really like the sound.
 
Back
Top