SStan11_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I thought the video was fine, it sounds good. I just wanted to know if you were,getting any decel popping while riding and letting off the throttle? Also, what size bit did you use?SStan11_imp said:I used a regular drill bit and just removed the end cap. I re-installed the cap and took a quick video. As far as the sound, it is very low and deep, loud enough to hear until the wind noise at speed happens. Simple easy mod done with a drill and a regular drill bit. Sounds great and kept the stock look. Sorry I am not Steven Speilberg and I didn't shoot an academy award winning video, so suck it up.
Stan, thank you. Seems like it could be a very worthwhile mod considering I don't have an extra $500+ laying around for an Arrow. I was concerned about the decel popping because many bikes ago I had a Honda VTX 1300 that I did the same mod too. I had bad decel popping, had to block off the PAIR valves to stop it. Thanks again!!SStan11_imp said:I used a 1/2 inch drill bit, (the biggest one I had), and I do not hear any pops even in a low gear high rpm. It just sounds great. Real low tone but not real loud. Plus I can't stand the aftermarket pipes with the huge decals they stick on them. Screws up the look of the bike. Now I can keep the stock look and have a great sound.
very cool Stan, and certainly a lot less expensive than a slip onSStan11_imp said:I used a regular drill bit and just removed the end cap. I re-installed the cap and took a quick video. As far as the sound, it is very low and deep, loud enough to hear until the wind noise at speed happens. Simple easy mod done with a drill and a regular drill bit. Sounds great and kept the stock look. Sorry I am not Steven Speilberg and I didn't shoot an academy award winning video, so suck it up.

SStan11_imp said:I used a 1/2 inch drill bit, (the biggest one I had), and I do not hear any pops even in a low gear high rpm. It just sounds great. Real low tone but not real loud. Plus I can't stand the aftermarket pipes with the huge decals they stick on them. Screws up the look of the bike. Now I can keep the stock look and have a great sound.
LOL :clap: "just to have been nominated..."SStan11_imp said:I used a regular drill bit and just removed the end cap. I re-installed the cap and took a quick video. As far as the sound, it is very low and deep, loud enough to hear until the wind noise at speed happens. Simple easy mod done with a drill and a regular drill bit. Sounds great and kept the stock look. Sorry I am not Steven Speilberg and I didn't shoot an academy award winning video, so suck it up.
Loud, I am sure. Looks subjective of course, very old-school.SStan11_imp said:Sorry, hate that emblem on the pipe. The exhaust looks great.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually, not as loud as you might think. In regard to subjectivity, this bike is insanely quiet no matter what exhaust. My triumph was way louder - and the sportster i had - forget a bout it...Ulvetanna_imp said:LOL :clap: "just to have been nominated..."SStan11_imp said:I used a regular drill bit and just removed the end cap. I re-installed the cap and took a quick video. As far as the sound, it is very low and deep, loud enough to hear until the wind noise at speed happens. Simple easy mod done with a drill and a regular drill bit. Sounds great and kept the stock look. Sorry I am not Steven Speilberg and I didn't shoot an academy award winning video, so suck it up.
Loud, I am sure. Looks subjective of course, very old-school.SStan11_imp said:Sorry, hate that emblem on the pipe. The exhaust looks great.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Problem with stock exhaust, can't hear it at all when shifting at high RPM. Otherwise great. Nice looking, too. Maybe those holes will give it just enough to be heard over the wind when shifting.