still waiting for deluxe

Ring your dealer in the morning and say this;

"Unless I take delivery in the next 10 days, I will take up the offer of a physical stock bike at another dealership today. You will refund my deposit and that will be the end of it. No hard feelings, and you'll get the service work. I know you tried hard, but ultimately it seems Honda let you and I both down. I'm sorry."

Or better still, go in and say that, whilst screwing your face up!
 
Personally, I don't know what to think. I put a deposit down earlier this month fully expecting to wait into June possibly. Then I get a call and the crate was to arrive last Thursday, which it did. I took delivery last Saturday. The dealer isn't a powerhouse dealer but is a huge volume dealer. They use those little pagers like the restaurants that light up and buzz. They almost couldn't keep up with all the deliveries - the bike was still in the crate when I got there. I had to wait about 2 hours for the bike to be ready (we went out for lunch and the wife did some antique shopping.) Then another 30 min. (more lights and buzzing) to get the title & paperwork sit down session set up.

So, I think if the dealer is a high volume place, they get units. TomasDLX, are you near Toledo? That is where my bike came from. PM me if you want details.
 
I paid my deposit in early march,the dealer at that time said sometimes in april or early may.
I have not heard anything yet.
Southern Honda in Chattanooga TN.
 
DAC_imp said:
Personally, I don't know what to think. I put a deposit down earlier this month fully expecting to wait into June possibly. Then I get a call and the crate was to arrive last Thursday, which it did. I took delivery last Saturday. The dealer isn't a powerhouse dealer but is a huge volume dealer. They use those little pagers like the restaurants that light up and buzz. They almost couldn't keep up with all the deliveries - the bike was still in the crate when I got there. I had to wait about 2 hours for the bike to be ready (we went out for lunch and the wife did some antique shopping.) Then another 30 min. (more lights and buzzing) to get the title & paperwork sit down session set up.

So, I think if the dealer is a high volume place, they get units. TomasDLX, are you near Toledo? That is where my bike came from. PM me if you want details.
Hi Dac, and thanks. Yes i,m about 40 mi away from Honda East. I did check them out, but I wanted to buy local. The dealer did matched Honda East price, so I wanted to give them a chance.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
I paid my deposit in early march,the dealer at that time said sometimes in april or early may.
I have not heard anything yet.
Southern Honda in Chattanooga TN.
Thanks Houtman, now I dont feel like the lone ranger! What does Honda have against the Carolinas?
 
tomas_imp said:
DAC_imp said:
Personally, I don't know what to think. I put a deposit down earlier this month fully expecting to wait into June possibly. Then I get a call and the crate was to arrive last Thursday, which it did. I took delivery last Saturday. The dealer isn't a powerhouse dealer but is a huge volume dealer. They use those little pagers like the restaurants that light up and buzz. They almost couldn't keep up with all the deliveries - the bike was still in the crate when I got there. I had to wait about 2 hours for the bike to be ready (we went out for lunch and the wife did some antique shopping.) Then another 30 min. (more lights and buzzing) to get the title & paperwork sit down session set up.

So, I think if the dealer is a high volume place, they get units. TomasDLX, are you near Toledo? That is where my bike came from. PM me if you want details.
Hi Dac, and thanks. Yes i,m about 40 mi away from Honda East. I did check them out, but I wanted to buy local. The dealer did matched Honda East price, so I wanted to give them a chance.
Hi Dac, and thanks. Yes i,m about 40 mi away from Honda East. I did check them out, but I wanted to buy local. The dealer did matched Honda East price, so I wanted to give them a chance.
That's cool. I'm 125 miles away from them.

I told my local Powerhouse dealer what my OTD number was. We were $500 apart - end of story. They were nice but no bargaining -neither one of us budged. Truth be told, if they had met me somewhere halfway, we maybe could have done business.

Asked online for a quote from Honda East without telling them my number, they were $45 under it.

As indicated, the experience was a little hectic, but I got what I wanted at the price point I was after. And I rode it to work today.
 
I'm still waiting....... But at least I have my '13 to ride yet. They told me sometime in early May back in February, so I've been calm!
 
I ordered mine Feb. 28th and was told delivery would be late March or Early April. Last time I checked with dealer, the date is now May 8th. :dodgy::dodgy: He was telling me how much more popular the CB1100's were this year over last and that some guys were offering extra cash to be put at the top of the list for them. :@ We'll see when May 8th rolls around....
 
Ordered mine over 2 months ago. Was supposed to come in last Friday April 18th. Called the dealer and it is now supposed to be this coming Thursday or Friday. We'll see about that.
As to the price my quoted OTD price I feel is about 200 to 300. high. I am renegotiating with them now.
 
Thread starter
I spoke a day too soon, mine is here. To all you folks waiting I have a good feeling that you all will be getting that call anyday now,hang in there:)
 
Good news ss2wheels. Hope everyone else has similar tidings.

Of course us Aussies could sit by the phone forever and hear nothing! :(

I guess we'll just have to keep enjoying our early model CBs :)
 
Damfino_imp said:
I ordered mine Feb. 28th and was told delivery would be late March or Early April. Last time I checked with dealer, the date is now May 8th. :dodgy::dodgy: He was telling me how much more popular the CB1100's were this year over last and that some guys were offering extra cash to be put at the top of the list for them. :@ We'll see when May 8th rolls around....
Now there's a dealer that I wouldn't do business with.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Houtman: I called a dealer in Chattanooga TN the same day I ordered mine her local ! Chattanooga had a ad on eBay for the 2013 cb1100 when I ask him about the deluxe 2014 he told me he had no price list and said they where not released yet I drove to my dealer they had a black 14 on the floor cheaper than the 13 at Chattanooga my dealer ordered my deluxe that day 6 days later I was riding the new red deluxe !


3 rights make a left
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Houtman: I called a dealer in Chattanooga TN the same day I ordered mine her local ! Chattanooga had a ad on eBay for the 2013 cb1100 when I ask him about the deluxe 2014 he told me he had no price list and said they where not released yet I drove to my dealer they had a black 14 on the floor cheaper than the 13 at Chattanooga my dealer ordered my deluxe that day 6 days later I was riding the new red deluxe !


3 rights make a left
Yes we know...............thanks for reminding us again. :thumbsup:
 
Tbone: I'm just saying the Chattanooga honda guy just acted like he knew nothing about the 14 deluxe. He told me he had no price no idea of release dates and forum members already had there bikes I told him that and he said no way not released yet I said ok!! He is just missing sales maybe he don't read the Honda memo emails or whatever they get. I just hate you don't have your bike. But you will :)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Back
Top