NightRider_imp
Been there
Thread starter
How do you remove the tank stickers? Just peel them off? Heat gun or hair dryer needed to heat them up?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The consensus last year was applying a little heat with a hair dryer followed by a little solvent to clean off the goo. Living in the desert, I just left mine outside on a 105 degree day and they peeled right off. A microfiber cloth slightly moistened with a few drops of gas from the tank took care of the goo.NightRider_imp said:How do you remove the tank stickers? Just peel them off? Heat gun or hair dryer needed to heat them up?
Same here. Goo Gone is great stuff.rocket_imp said:I peeled them off, then used a common adhesive remover called "Goo Gone". Available at any hardware store. No paint damage & its designed to safely remove adhesive residue. Rocket
Definitely the duck's guts for sticker removal.Cormanus_imp said:Eucalyptus oil, if you can get it, is great for removing goo.
Very good advice. I removed mine from the Candy Glory (love that name, sounds like a..............wait, let's not go there) after a year. A year on it is possible to see where the stickers were. Needs close inspection and very faint for sure and getting there, but if your fussy take heed.Kai Ju_imp said:I recommend you do it while the bike is still fairly new, there will be some fading of the paint as time goes on so the paint under the sticker may not match the surrounding area.
I found out when I peeled the stickers off my new to me, year old bike.
Very good advice. I removed mine from the Candy Glory (love that name, sounds like a..............wait, let's not go there) after a year. A year on it is possible to see where the stickers were. Needs close inspection and very faint for sure and getting there, but if your fussy take heed.Kai Ju_imp said:I recommend you do it while the bike is still fairly new, there will be some fading of the paint as time goes on so the paint under the sticker may not match the surrounding area.
I found out when I peeled the stickers off my new to me, year old bike.

You can also tell your Federal Waring Label Police that I also removed my "DO NOT REMOVE" tags from my mattress and pillows too!The Spaceman_imp said:Please be advised that it is a violation of EPA regulations to remove Federally-mandated safety and warning stickers applied at the time of manufacture. Penalties for removing such stickers can result in fines, incarceration in Federal prison, and having your pee-pee whacked by the bailiff.

Since mine are already removed, here is hoping the bailiff is an attractive female!The Spaceman_imp said:Please be advised that it is a violation of EPA regulations to remove Federally-mandated safety and warning stickers applied at the time of manufacture. Penalties for removing such stickers can result in fines, incarceration in Federal prison, and having your pee-pee whacked by the bailiff.
Same here. Goo Gone is great stuff.DGShannon_imp said:Same here. Goo Gone is great stuff.rocket_imp said:I peeled them off, then used a common adhesive remover called "Goo Gone". Available at any hardware store. No paint damage & its designed to safely remove adhesive residue. Rocket
I'm keeping mine on.Randy B_imp said:Since I don't really know how old my tank is, the stickers are staying.
.I hear ya Spaceman! You don't want to remove those stickers and end up "Trippin' In Court"!!!!!!!!!!The Spaceman_imp said:Please be advised that it is a violation of EPA regulations to remove Federally-mandated safety and warning stickers applied at the time of manufacture. Penalties for removing such stickers can result in fines, incarceration in Federal prison, and having your pee-pee whacked by the bailiff.
