Stickers

NightRider_imp said:
How do you remove the tank stickers? Just peel them off? Heat gun or hair dryer needed to heat them up?
The consensus last year was applying a little heat with a hair dryer followed by a little solvent to clean off the goo. Living in the desert, I just left mine outside on a 105 degree day and they peeled right off. A microfiber cloth slightly moistened with a few drops of gas from the tank took care of the goo.
 
Eucalyptus oil, if you can get it, is great for removing goo.
 
You peel them off. Start in a corner using your finger nail. They pull right off. No big deal and doesn't hurt a thing.


Crashing is simply an opportunity to upgrade. Posted using Tapatalk.
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone. I did search for "sticker" and came up empty. Searching for "remove sticker" after you guys answered did come up with at least three threads on the subject. Thanks again.
 
I peeled them off, then used a common adhesive remover called "Goo Gone". Available at any hardware store. No paint damage & its designed to safely remove adhesive residue. Rocket
 
rocket_imp said:
I peeled them off, then used a common adhesive remover called "Goo Gone". Available at any hardware store. No paint damage & its designed to safely remove adhesive residue. Rocket
Same here. Goo Gone is great stuff.
 
I recommend you do it while the bike is still fairly new, there will be some fading of the paint as time goes on so the paint under the sticker may not match the surrounding area.
I found out when I peeled the stickers off my new to me, year old bike.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Eucalyptus oil, if you can get it, is great for removing goo.
Definitely the duck's guts for sticker removal.



Kai Ju_imp said:
I recommend you do it while the bike is still fairly new, there will be some fading of the paint as time goes on so the paint under the sticker may not match the surrounding area.
I found out when I peeled the stickers off my new to me, year old bike.
Very good advice. I removed mine from the Candy Glory (love that name, sounds like a..............wait, let's not go there) after a year. A year on it is possible to see where the stickers were. Needs close inspection and very faint for sure and getting there, but if your fussy take heed.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl Wrote:
Kai Ju_imp said:
I recommend you do it while the bike is still fairly new, there will be some fading of the paint as time goes on so the paint under the sticker may not match the surrounding area.
I found out when I peeled the stickers off my new to me, year old bike.
Very good advice. I removed mine from the Candy Glory (love that name, sounds like a..............wait, let's not go there) after a year. A year on it is possible to see where the stickers were. Needs close inspection and very faint for sure and getting there, but if your fussy take heed.

Cheers
That was my experience, too. I removed the stickers at about the one year mark. If you're going to remove the stickers, sooner is a bit better than later.
 
Since I don't really know how old my tank is, the stickers are staying.
 
Please be advised that it is a violation of EPA regulations to remove Federally-mandated safety and warning stickers applied at the time of manufacture. Penalties for removing such stickers can result in fines, incarceration in Federal prison, and having your pee-pee whacked by the bailiff.
 
Mine are in Japanese anyway. :D
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Please be advised that it is a violation of EPA regulations to remove Federally-mandated safety and warning stickers applied at the time of manufacture. Penalties for removing such stickers can result in fines, incarceration in Federal prison, and having your pee-pee whacked by the bailiff.
You can also tell your Federal Waring Label Police that I also removed my "DO NOT REMOVE" tags from my mattress and pillows too! :P
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Please be advised that it is a violation of EPA regulations to remove Federally-mandated safety and warning stickers applied at the time of manufacture. Penalties for removing such stickers can result in fines, incarceration in Federal prison, and having your pee-pee whacked by the bailiff.
Since mine are already removed, here is hoping the bailiff is an attractive female!
 
DGShannon_imp said:
rocket_imp said:
I peeled them off, then used a common adhesive remover called "Goo Gone". Available at any hardware store. No paint damage & its designed to safely remove adhesive residue. Rocket
Same here. Goo Gone is great stuff.
Same here. Goo Gone is great stuff.
+1 on Goo Gone. Worked like a charm.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Since I don't really know how old my tank is, the stickers are staying.
I'm keeping mine on.
A few years ago I came across a parked 'Montgomery Wards/Riverside' motorcycle that still had it's stickers. That was impressive, like a beautifully kept bike that still has it's original paint in excellent condition.

When I sold my Speed Triple to make room in the garage for the CB1100, it still had the original break-in sticker on it (along with all the others). I could definitely say that that bike was in 'showroom' condition :-).
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Please be advised that it is a violation of EPA regulations to remove Federally-mandated safety and warning stickers applied at the time of manufacture. Penalties for removing such stickers can result in fines, incarceration in Federal prison, and having your pee-pee whacked by the bailiff.
I hear ya Spaceman! You don't want to remove those stickers and end up "Trippin' In Court"!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
 
Back
Top