Staintune Exhaust

I would definitely pick up this exhaust at that price. Unfortunately the site says that they are currently out of stock.

I sent Staintune an email asking when they think it will be available again. I will let you guys know what they say!
 
Do they take paypal or bank transfer? I've for the most part not had fees charged overseas to my credit cards or ATM cards, but you don't always get the best exchange rate.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Good news and bad news.

Good news: They will be back in stock in two weeks.

Bad news: The price is mislabeled, it is $750. With $80 international shipping that would come out to $783 USD.
 
I'm totally bummed. I ended up pulling the trigger on the original price, and the order went through (I got a confirmation email & everything, at that price).
I thought I had picked up the last one, because the website displayed the "sold out" post immediately afterwards.

Then I got the email this morning. "Sorry James, due to an admin error, the product you purchased is backordered. Please advise if you'd like to cancel or the order, or wait 3 weeks". I ended up cancelling, but that was before I learned that the price had increased.

They probably would've sold me the pipe for the original price, if only I had more patience!!!!
 
Really glad I found this thread. This is a great sounding can, and the looks are so close to original, no one (including, most importantly, ME) would know it isn't stock.
 
I think I just made a mistake. I clicked on Pirates Lair website. After a few emails, it seems like I am $830 poorer.
Like I tell my wife, it's only money
 
Ole_imp said:
I think I just made a mistake. I clicked on Pirates Lair website. After a few emails, it seems like I am $830 poorer.
Like I tell my wife, it's only money
:rofl: and what does she tell you? Nevermind, I don't want to have to moderate your response.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
I think I just made a mistake. I clicked on Pirates Lair website. After a few emails, it seems like I am $830 poorer.
Like I tell my wife, it's only money
:rofl: and what does she tell you? Nevermind, I don't want to have to moderate your response.
:rofl: and what does she tell you? Nevermind, I don't want to have to moderate your response.
some things are best left un said

BTW Jerry at Pirates Lair just told me via email, he would love to attend our gathering of CB1100's down in the mountains. He lives about 1.75 hours away. If asked, and if there is any interest, he would bring some Staintunes with him. He said he would discount them $30 for anyone who wants one. It takes ten minutes to install.
He said it would be really cool to see so many CB's in one spot. He is a fan.:clap:
But also a businessman.
 
I just installed the one I bought off the classifieds and can confirm the 10 minute install. This is the best looking slip on for this bike. Had I not found a used one, I would probably be about $830 poorer.
 
Ole he should come. Staintune is a great looking and fitting exhaust. I'm sure some members would like to see them and hear his spiel .

Looks great undecider. Good decision!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ole he should come. Staintune is a great looking and fitting exhaust. I'm sure some members would like to see them and hear his spiel .

Looks great undecider. Good decision!
+1
 
In anticipation of getting my new pipe, I have already removed the stocker. I am a geek so I put it on a kitchen scale. I will do the Staintune also for a comparison.

19be1fb3b9979f82123e6980672ce153.jpg


beb62c7fd0b3486e6738776d57c5957a.jpg


As I already stated, I am a geek. Yes I did fire up the bike without the stock exhaust and yes it is very loud.
:D
 
I wonder how good dual staintunes would sound on the Cb dlx, but of course I would never spend that kind of money on an exhaust system being the frugal guy I am.
 
i also aspire to dual staintunes on my 13 CB converted to 14 DLX dual exh. Have corresponded with Staintune regarding plans for the DLX. Initially they said they were in development but after a few months i inquired again and was told that there were no plans to develop until the DLX became available in Australia.

So, since i have a right side staintune in hand from when i upgraded from the stock slipon i am exploring the feasibility of modifying a right side staintune for left side use. Rotate it 180 degrees, cut off the center stand stop, cut off the rear support bracket and reweld and polish? Staintune logo will be upsidedown but seems doable. I will inquire whether Staintune will sell a right side unit with the rear bracket included but not welded on and omit the center stand stop. That would make it a little easier. I will test fit the right side unit today, rotated 180 to see if it looks a go.
 
One word of warning about the Staintune: It causes your fuel mileage to plummet! I haven't checked mine yet, but all those wide open acceleration runs aren't going to help.

It sounds incredible! I noticed better throttle response and it likes to rev easier. It feels so good ripping through 1st and 2nd gear (if I ran it through 3rd, I'd be seriously breaking the law )!
 
the_undecider_imp said:
One word of warning about the Staintune: It causes your fuel mileage to plummet! I haven't checked mine yet, but all those wide open acceleration runs aren't going to help.

It sounds incredible! I noticed better throttle response and it likes to rev easier. It feels so good ripping through 1st and 2nd gear (if I ran it through 3rd, I'd be seriously breaking the law )!
I'm interested in the comment about M.P.G. plummeting. I've not heard that before. My experience, riding with Pterodactyl who has a Staintune, is that we get very similar mileage. I think he probably maintains his bike at slightly higher revolutions than me as well.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
One word of warning about the Staintune: It causes your fuel mileage to plummet! I haven't checked mine yet, but all those wide open acceleration runs aren't going to help.

It sounds incredible! I noticed better throttle response and it likes to rev easier. It feels so good ripping through 1st and 2nd gear (if I ran it through 3rd, I'd be seriously breaking the law )!
I'm interested in the comment about M.P.G. plummeting. I've not heard that before. My experience, riding with Pterodactyl who has a Staintune, is that we get very similar mileage. I think he probably maintains his bike at slightly higher revolutions than me as well.
I'm interested in the comment about M.P.G. plummeting. I've not heard that before. My experience, riding with Pterodactyl who has a Staintune, is that we get very similar mileage. I think he probably maintains his bike at slightly higher revolutions than me as well.
It was mostly a joke. The enhanced soundtrack encourages more spirited riding, thus I expect a drop in fuel economy. More of a correlation than causation.
 
Back
Top