Stain-"Less" Headers

I kinda' like my 'seasoned' headers. I've really never considered trying to clean them. Compared to the Muzzy on my ZRX, the CB's header glistens!
514161a31f2559d661585f20ea93ae81.jpg
 
Capo_imp said:
I kinda' like my 'seasoned' headers. I've really never considered trying to clean them. Compared to the Muzzy on my ZRX, the CB's header glistens!
514161a31f2559d661585f20ea93ae81.jpg
Just curious....The do you still have the ZRX and/or 800? They look like really nice bikes. If I had one or those I'm not sure I'd bought the 1100.
2nd question, if you do, how do they compare to the 1100? I see the ZRX has 120 hp.
 
Yes, I still have them both. They are all quite different bikes. The ZRX is a pure muscle bike, and rips the CB to shreds in power and acceleration. But it isn't a 'better' bike. The Tiger is the best all- around bike I've owned, a real Swiss Army knife. The CB is just a beautiful, versatile bike, and depending on the mood, I ride whatever floats my boat. I'll be thinning the herd soon, so something may go...but not sure which one/ ones.
 
Capo_imp said:
I kinda' like my 'seasoned' headers. I've really never considered trying to clean them. Compared to the Muzzy on my ZRX, the CB's header glistens!
514161a31f2559d661585f20ea93ae81.jpg
I 'let the headers go' on my old Speed Triple.

But to my mind, an air cooled 70's bike is *supposed* to have gleaming headers. I just can't let go of the years of conditioning that keeping them constantly clean, from way back when, has imprinted on me :-)
 
I used Bar Keepers Friend just now...works OK, but my headers hadn't bee polished in 10000 miles and the dark spots are not coming out. We will see if this is worth it...I'm leaning toward "no"
 
Mine still shine nicely but its just been under 300 miles since I used the product. I'm not going to sweat it either way. Like you MTC I just want to ride.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
About as clean as it is going to get. I'd rather be riding...

8999631c9cc6719bfdf18e4f02f27d57.jpg

Looks a lot cleaner than the last time I saw it


 
They did not come out perfect like they use to. The company was bought out. It had a bubble but it did not pop and probably want if I don't pick at it like a freaken pimple .
That said theu sure look slot better than stock a d no more polishing them.
 
I cleaned my bike up today and polished the headers again. Old wash cloth with that Mothers mag and aluminum polish and wiped them down with a microfiber cloth and they look like chrome again. This is working for me. :thumbsup:
 
I tried Simichrome and elbow grease, and started to get somewhere, but it was a whole lot of effort for marginal results.. wondering if Mothers would work better?
 
Tell me ferret, is this thread likely to eclipse the oil thread, or even the tyre thread?

I give mine a wash down and a little bit of a polish, especially after some wet dirt. I can't get too enthusiastic about it though. But good on all those with gleaming headers, they do look great.

Cheers.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Tell me ferret, is this thread likely to eclipse the oil thread, or even the tyre thread?

I give mine a wash down and a little bit of a polish, especially after some wet dirt. I can't get too enthusiastic about it though. But good on all those with gleaming headers, they do look great.

Cheers.
Nah...I don't think so lol
 
Bump. Another similar thread exists.

Novice, I heard Never-Dull was removed from shelves and replaced with a lamo replacement carrying the same name. I've used the dangerous stuff when I was in the Navy and that stuff would almost take the chrome off a bumper hitch.
 
After I read Novice's post last night, I went in the garage and tried Nevr-Dull (in the silver can) on one of my brown pipes. All it did was make it a shiney brown pipe. Didn't take any brown off.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Tell me ferret, is this thread likely to eclipse the oil thread, or even the tyre thread?

I give mine a wash down and a little bit of a polish, especially after some wet dirt. I can't get too enthusiastic about it though. But good on all those with gleaming headers, they do look great.

Cheers.
Nah...I don't think so lol
Nah...I don't think so lol
I kinda like my "Gas Mileage" thread, it's getting up there in numbers. :celebrate:
 
Back
Top