St. George to Oregon...to Alaska?

Pdedse, I know you can do it on any bike!
Good luck with your beautiful trip!
Is that how you pre-train yourself before the Maritimes trip next year ?? ;)
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Pdedse, I know you can do it on any bike!
Good luck with your beautiful trip!
Is that how you pre-train yourself before the Maritimes trip next year ?? ;)
Thanks for the well wishes...I do have the Maritiomes in mind. Right now, I'm leaning towards letting the Kawasaki W800 have its chance to see what it can do long distance. An upcoming retirement may involve a move with smaller garage space, so I won't have room for the third bike...but I thought I could ride out to visit sister in Cape Cod, swing back towards Kansas and instead of riding home, leave the W with a brother who has a huge shed...that way I would have a bike in the midwest for whenever I visit post-retirement. It's a thought.
 
A bike in every state in the continent! Ambitious in the USA. :D
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
A bike in every state in the continent! Ambitious in the USA. :D
I like the positivity! But I refuse to maintain a bike in Oklahoma, Delaware and Wisconsin.
 
There’s a joke in there I don’t understand. Ah well.
 
Thread starter
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
There’s a joke in there I don’t understand. Ah well.
Don't feel bad. I've been to all three states and I don't get it either. Maybe best left alone.
Don't feel bad. I've been to all three states and I don't get it either. Maybe best left alone.
I mean...I'm more than willing to maintain 47 different bikes in all those other states, but I have limits...so I had to pick 3 states that got left out. Delaware...who needs a bike there?

It might be time to put me on the "ignore list"
 
:rofl:

Rupert Murdoch?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
:rofl:

Rupert Murdoch?
I've heard the name, but I couldn't think of what he was famous fer, and had to look...dang, all those publishing venues...I guess he never rode motorcycles.
 
Thread starter
Made it back from BC, Canada and a little slice of Alaska. Wonderful trip. The GS1200 is a beast of a bike that gobbles up the miles.

If you want to check out the rest of the story, the new portion of the trip starts here at advrider.com

[url=https://advrider.com/f/threads/another-trip-north-but-really-its-just-a-test-ride.1745273/#post-50856967]https://advrider.com/f/threads/another-trip-north-but-really-its-just-a-test-ride.1745273/#post-50856967


I've finished day 9 of about 14, so a little more to go. A few preview photos...
5722c919912cffc4a0df3baf6c3b74f0.jpg


9dbaf17df536df8f05031c7d1cbaa002.jpg


afb6a2f1193ed2df749ae0112b67d0e3.jpg
 
Awesome pdedse

The adv thread is awesome w/beautiful pics
 
Awesome is a good choice of wording!
Been to Alaska about 7 times, but not on a bike.
3 friends with Sportsters went from east coast to Tok several years ago.
One of them repurposed a throttle return cable for a clutch cable, if I remember correctly.
Just looked it up, it was 2007...wow, time flies!
It was 7 bikes, 4 Sportsters

https://www.xlforum.net/forum/sport...352-gear-report-after-11-000-mile-alaska-trip
How Dan got his nickname:

"After the screw got sucked into my front cylinder when my bike was only a few months old (because I didn't use loctite on my Hurricane A/C), the crew I went to Alaska with started calling me Screw Loose Dan..."

PDEDSE: Your trip report is bringing up lots of memories...mine and others!

Ride safe!
 
Awesome indeed.
 
Wow, what a cool trip! Thanks for keeping us updated... and me jealous. Still licking my wounds from fixing dry rot and sprinkler pipes at Mom's when I should be out there riding somewhere pretty.
 
More photos!

MORE PHOTOS!

M O R E P H O T O S ! ! !

.and Gone, be glad you still have mom around to do things for her.
 
Thread starter
SportsterDoc_imp said:
More photos!

MORE PHOTOS!

M O R E P H O T O S ! ! !

.and Gone, be glad you still have mom around to do things for her.
Ok...I finished the ride report at advrider

I had days 1-9 done before, now I have completed days 10-16.

Another trip north, but really it's just a test ride

The GS1200 was "a right tool" for the job. It's an amazing bike, but not one that really grabs my attention. I could have done the trip easily enough on my DR650, but a little slower. I saw a few DR650s and KLR650s "out there" making their way to Prudhoe Bay. There were a lot of HDs on the road. Most were larger adventure bikes. African Twins, KTMs, Yamaha Teneres...and BMWs. I didn't see anyone riding a CB1100, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

Thanks for taking a look.

Now back to my CB1100 and W800!
 
Unbelievably cool ride report pdedse. What an adventure !

Thanks for sharing.
 
Photos and comments on Adventure Rider were thoroughly enjoyable, pdedse!
 
Back
Top