Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Agree. I never understand why people do this to their bikes... just buy a sport-touring bike. The FJR comes to mind, and is only a few thousand more than the CB.Tortuga_imp said:I don't mean to be ride, but to me that is unrecognisable as a CB1100, and to my eyes not 'visually appealing'.
It looks like one of the Kawasakis used in Mad Max to be honest, so yeah, maybe it is cool after all....
Have a good journey!
I'm pretty sure the fairing pre-dates the CB1100 by about 25-30 yrs.B166er_imp said:Was this fairing made specifically for the cb1100?
Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Some are, definitely, but not all. The Yamaha FJR is only 100 more pounds, and the BMW R1200RT weighs about 40 more pounds. Keep in mind both of these bikes come with hard bags, and have full fairings, which increase weight, and have way more sophisticated electronics packages. The bags and fairings you'd add yourself anyway so when you look at the totality of the thing, these bikes are pretty close in weight to the CB, but the total package is much nicer on the ST's for doing long-distance, IMO. Of course, they cost more, however. Even then, though, by the time you get done buying bags, retro-fitting fairings, etc., you're probably pretty close on price with the FJR (forget the BMW, it's price is double that of the CB).Elipten_imp said:I understand him perfectly. Today's sport tour bike are huge heavy pigs, they weigh what Goldwings were 25-30 years ago. They are too heavy for me and will be more so in 10-15 years front now. I have had the same idea with my 2013 CB.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk