Newly Purchased 2013 With some Mods

HigginsNYC_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hello all,

I wanted to show off my 2013 CB1100 and call out the mods. Some came with the bike, some are mine. Just a run down in case anyone is interested or can offer advice/suggestions.

I'm a vintage lover on most days - so admittedly I trend toward making it look more retro, rather than modern. I'm loving the new tech - just want to stay "classic."

That said - the bike came with:

-Full 4into1 Yoshimura stainless black ceramic coated exhaust.
-Front and rear HyperPro shocks
-Graphite Black Color CB1100 side covers
-MFW variable mount rider footpegs
-Rizoma mirrors
-Honda heated grips
-Road Comet front fly screen fairing (I only mount it for open road rides)

I added and modified:

-Lucas Tai light and bullet turn signals from: MaundSpeed.com
-Stock fuel tank, custom painted for a smaller, flatter, vintage inspired look.
-Honda Motors NOS 60's tank bages
-Power Commander V - mapped to Yosh and K&N filter specs.
-BatteryTender USP port for phone/gps
-Lower Honda OEM Type II handlebar from Samurider.com
-Painted the step bars black to match the frame.

Eventually I'd like to:
-Get a set of spoked rims!
-Look into smaller fenders - possible painted rather than chrome


Glad to be on the forum. I'll post any updates as I finish them... for now, I just need to ride her!

I have the map file sent to me from Power Commander - I plan to post in Specs/Mechanical.

-Mike
 
I have a set of the factory black ‘steps’ from when I switched them out for the silver ones. They are just collecting dust.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I have a set of the factory black ‘steps’ from when I switched them out for the silver ones. They are just collecting dust.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need them for a deluxe Josh....the part numbers are different from the standard....thanks anyway...Randy
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
I have a set of the factory black ‘steps’ from when I switched them out for the silver ones. They are just collecting dust.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be interested in those Josh. Mine are a rattle can job. I always intended to get them properly powder coated. But if I can get factory black cheap I'm intrigued.
-Mike
el duque_imp said:
I like it!
Thanks a lot.
Desert viper_imp said:
Excellent mods....the black side rails and foot peg brackets really change the look and that tank: WOW

Many thanks Viper... :biker:
 
HigginsNYC_imp said:
Hello all,

I wanted to show off my 2013 CB1100 and call out the mods. Some came with the bike, some are mine. Just a run down in case anyone is interested or can offer advice/suggestions.

I'm a vintage lover on most days - so admittedly I trend toward making it look more retro, rather than modern. I'm loving the new tech - just want to stay "classic."

That said - the bike came with:

-Full 4into1 Yoshimura stainless black ceramic coated exhaust.
-Front and rear HyperPro shocks
-Graphite Black Color CB1100 side covers
-MFW variable mount rider footpegs
-Rizoma mirrors
-Honda heated grips
-Road Comet front fly screen fairing (I only mount it for open road rides)

I added and modified:

-Lucas Tai light and bullet turn signals from: MaundSpeed.com
-Stock fuel tank, custom painted for a smaller, flatter, vintage inspired look.
-Honda Motors NOS 60's tank bages
-Power Commander V - mapped to Yosh and K&N filter specs.
-BatteryTender USP port for phone/gps
-Lower Honda OEM Type II handlebar from Samurider.com
-Painted the step bars black to match the frame.

Eventually I'd like to:
-Get a set of spoked rims!
-Look into smaller fenders - possible painted rather than chrome


Glad to be on the forum. I'll post any updates as I finish them... for now, I just need to ride her!

I have the map file sent to me from Power Commander - I plan to post in Specs/Mechanical.

-Mike
Great photo! Really like your bike. The custom color on the tank with that badge is perfect.

I think you should keep those cast wheels with the polished rims. They just look right.
 
CBRider_imp said:
HigginsNYC_imp said:
Hello all,

I wanted to show off my 2013 CB1100 and call out the mods. Some came with the bike, some are mine. Just a run down in case anyone is interested or can offer advice/suggestions.

I'm a vintage lover on most days - so admittedly I trend toward making it look more retro, rather than modern. I'm loving the new tech - just want to stay "classic."

That said - the bike came with:

-Full 4into1 Yoshimura stainless black ceramic coated exhaust.
-Front and rear HyperPro shocks
-Graphite Black Color CB1100 side covers
-MFW variable mount rider footpegs
-Rizoma mirrors
-Honda heated grips
-Road Comet front fly screen fairing (I only mount it for open road rides)

I added and modified:

-Lucas Tai light and bullet turn signals from: MaundSpeed.com
-Stock fuel tank, custom painted for a smaller, flatter, vintage inspired look.
-Honda Motors NOS 60's tank bages
-Power Commander V - mapped to Yosh and K&N filter specs.
-BatteryTender USP port for phone/gps
-Lower Honda OEM Type II handlebar from Samurider.com
-Painted the step bars black to match the frame.

Eventually I'd like to:
-Get a set of spoked rims!
-Look into smaller fenders - possible painted rather than chrome


Glad to be on the forum. I'll post any updates as I finish them... for now, I just need to ride her!

I have the map file sent to me from Power Commander - I plan to post in Specs/Mechanical.

-Mike
Great photo! Really like your bike. The custom color on the tank with that badge is perfect.

I think you should keep those cast wheels with the polished rims. They just look right.


I think you should keep those cast wheels with the polished rims. They just look right.
I agree with CBrider
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
CBRider_imp said:
HigginsNYC_imp said:
Hello all,

I wanted to show off my 2013 CB1100 and call out the mods. Some came with the bike, some are mine. Just a run down in case anyone is interested or can offer advice/suggestions.

I'm a vintage lover on most days - so admittedly I trend toward making it look more retro, rather than modern. I'm loving the new tech - just want to stay "classic."

That said - the bike came with:

-Full 4into1 Yoshimura stainless black ceramic coated exhaust.
-Front and rear HyperPro shocks
-Graphite Black Color CB1100 side covers
-MFW variable mount rider footpegs
-Rizoma mirrors
-Honda heated grips
-Road Comet front fly screen fairing (I only mount it for open road rides)

I added and modified:

-Lucas Tai light and bullet turn signals from: MaundSpeed.com
-Stock fuel tank, custom painted for a smaller, flatter, vintage inspired look.
-Honda Motors NOS 60's tank bages
-Power Commander V - mapped to Yosh and K&N filter specs.
-BatteryTender USP port for phone/gps
-Lower Honda OEM Type II handlebar from Samurider.com
-Painted the step bars black to match the frame.

Eventually I'd like to:
-Get a set of spoked rims!
-Look into smaller fenders - possible painted rather than chrome


Glad to be on the forum. I'll post any updates as I finish them... for now, I just need to ride her!

I have the map file sent to me from Power Commander - I plan to post in Specs/Mechanical.

-Mike
Great photo! Really like your bike. The custom color on the tank with that badge is perfect.

I think you should keep those cast wheels with the polished rims. They just look right.


I think you should keep those cast wheels with the polished rims. They just look right.
I agree with CBrider


I think you should keep those cast wheels with the polished rims. They just look right.
I agree with CBrider
Thanks guys. I'm on the fence about the rims... but spokes are super expensive... so the mags will do nicely and might grow on me.

-Mike
 
I agree with CBRider and Ferret.
 
Thread starter
Aussieflyer_imp said:
Looks great just the way it is, that stripe on the tank is a nice touch.
Thanks. I was nervous about the stripe when I designed it... but it's growing on me. Makes it quicker too! ;)
-Mike
 
Back
Top