GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Bheezy27403: Do you mean one like this?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

+1 *Cormanus_imp said:Unlike all you polyamorous types, I can have only one bike. Luckily, I’m happy with the one I have.![]()

When I was a naive rider I wanted the Heritage 650 Special, but couldn't collect enough dough to buy a new one. They looked so classy and had a soulful vibe. It was once a heart throb. Anyway, I learned later that many of the models leaked oil, I suppose not unlike a Bonneville of the same vintage.The ferret_imp said:Hey...I had one of those, only silver 1981 I put K&N superbike bars on it. Also had a 79 std (black & gold) and a 73 TX (blue & gold). Big fan of the Yammie 650 twins (talk about vibrating sonuvaguns lol)
otoh my 765 cc 2003 Bonneville with a 360 degrees crank and counter balancers was really really smooth
Good to know. Who knows? I could still own one in some fantasy bike barn. Today's modern sealants and gasket technology would ensure yesteryear's inconvenience would not return.The ferret_imp said:To the best of my knowledge and experience they held their oil until they got some age on them ..... like 20 years, then the head gaskets would seep. None of mine ever leaked. Vibrated, blew bulbs, cracked fenders ...but never leaked.
Same here. My XS650 was oil tight, but thanks to the vibes, you never knew what part was going to fall off next.The ferret_imp said:To the best of my knowledge and experience they held their oil until they got some age on them ..... like 20 years, then the head gaskets would seep. None of mine ever leaked. Vibrated, blew bulbs, cracked fenders ...but never leaked.
That wan't just a Yamaha problem. I had several Kaw KZ750 twins (also 360s) that claimed to have counterbalancers, but they also shed exhaust clamps, chain guards and at one point, a big piece of my sissy bar disappeared due to metal fatigue.Same here. My XS650 was oil tight, but thanks to the vibes, you never knew what part was going to fall off next.Flynrider_imp said:Same here. My XS650 was oil tight, but thanks to the vibes, you never knew what part was going to fall off next.The ferret_imp said:To the best of my knowledge and experience they held their oil until they got some age on them ..... like 20 years, then the head gaskets would seep. None of mine ever leaked. Vibrated, blew bulbs, cracked fenders ...but never leaked.That wan't just a Yamaha problem. I had several Kaw KZ750 twins (also 360s) that claimed to have counterbalancers, but they also shed exhaust clamps, chain guards and at one point, a big piece of my sissy bar disappeared due to metal fatigue.
I was a big fan of the 360 degree twins until I took my first ride on a UJM inline 4. I kept having to check the tach to be sure the engine was actually running. After that, I never looked back.
That wan't just a Yamaha problem. I had several Kaw KZ750 twins (also 360s) that claimed to have counterbalancers, but they also shed exhaust clamps, chain guards and at one point, a big piece of my sissy bar disappeared due to metal fatigue.I've been riding air cooled bikes exclusively here in the desert for about 38 years. I've only overheated twice. Both times were on 100+ degree days (over 38C) where I had to sit idling for more than 1/2 hr. Now if I'm stuck in traffic that's not moving, I just shut the engine off.GoldOxide_imp said:Same here. My XS650 was oil tight, but thanks to the vibes, you never knew what part was going to fall off next.Flynrider_imp said:Same here. My XS650 was oil tight, but thanks to the vibes, you never knew what part was going to fall off next.The ferret_imp said:To the best of my knowledge and experience they held their oil until they got some age on them ..... like 20 years, then the head gaskets would seep. None of mine ever leaked. Vibrated, blew bulbs, cracked fenders ...but never leaked.That wan't just a Yamaha problem. I had several Kaw KZ750 twins (also 360s) that claimed to have counterbalancers, but they also shed exhaust clamps, chain guards and at one point, a big piece of my sissy bar disappeared due to metal fatigue.
I was a big fan of the 360 degree twins until I took my first ride on a UJM inline 4. I kept having to check the tach to be sure the engine was actually running. After that, I never looked back.That wan't just a Yamaha problem. I had several Kaw KZ750 twins (also 360s) that claimed to have counterbalancers, but they also shed exhaust clamps, chain guards and at one point, a big piece of my sissy bar disappeared due to metal fatigue.
I was a big fan of the 360 degree twins until I took my first ride on a UJM inline 4. I kept having to check the tach to be sure the engine was actually running. After that, I never looked back.
Flynrider: How does the air/oil-cooled CB hold up in the Arizona summer congested [rush] hour traffic? Is it a non-issue, or have you noticed certain limitations - in regards to the bike? Have you done any modifications to avert such situations (if they exist)?
Ugh. Really? Self edifying posts are such a waste of our time. Bla bla. I have 20 bikes.Romo1969_imp said:Ugh. Really? Self edifying posts are such a waste of our time. Bla bla. I have 20 bikes.Flynbulldog_imp said:Like some of you I've owned dozens of bikes and own 10 or 11 right now. I could without a doubt live with just one bike to do it all and it does it all better than anything I've ever experienced.
My 2nd gen 1200 Ducati Multistrada...
It's fast,160 HP, handles like a sportbike, its as comfortable as a tourer - even two up, nimble around town, and gets 42 - 44 mpg. You can load it with gear for a month or take it to the track and embarrass gixers. And, it doesn't do too bad off road.
With a set TKC's it'll do anything a GS will do. I've had it a mile deep in the Utah canyon lands and atop a 14,000 ft mountain at Pikes Peak and mount Evans. I jump on it for a quick errand into town and spend the next week on a 1500 mile adventure.
The multi won the pikes peak hill climb 3 years in a row and set new records each consecutive year and it's been used to tour around the world.
Yep, I love my collection of bikes but I truly could live with just the Multistrada its a real "do anything" bike
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
FYI
Nobody cares.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CTX is certainly in the running for most comfortable motorcycle ever. It has such a low center of gravity without having to sit on the ground. My buddy and I switched bikes one day and I rode it for about 160 miles. Great bike that keeps up with everyone. My buddy even wanted to lay it down to see if he could pick it back up by himself, while I was there. We laid it down super carefully on cardboard boxes. Then he was able to pick it up by himself. It is that low center of gravity.bubblerboy64_imp said:For me a one would do it might be the CTX700 might even go for the dual clutch version.
I am 67 and I have to consider what I can continue to ride comfortably. I am going to actively thin the herd this spring. Not sure at this point what I'll keep but the heavy stuff is all going to go.
Lots of fellows my age go to trikes and I've decided when I can't continue on two wheels I'll go to 4 not three (sports car). Not to say that a trike is wrong for others.
Reminds me of American footballer Roger Staubach's famous retort to a reporter.Cormanus_imp said:Unlike all you polyamorous types, I can have only one bike. Luckily, I’m happy with the one I have.![]()