Buffalohead_imp
Been there
I have heard nothing but good about the vfr 800.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I have heard bad. VTEC bad, comes on hard suddenly like a turbocharger mid-corner. New one is supposed to be better, and a little lighter. I had four of the earlier VF and VFRs and they were great. Once it became an 800 touring bike I crossed it off my list and never owned another Honda V4. It used to be a sport/racebike but morphed into a touring bike.Buffalohead_imp said:I have heard nothing but good about the vfr 800.
Agree, have owned a few KLRs. Too anemic to really take on a long ride with any authority in traffic, not bad on a fire road, suspension sucks. F700GS, well, no comparison at all. The 1200 is heavy, very heavy.ride4now_imp said:The KLR crowd might suggest that their bike might be the one. As an
owner, I'd have to disagree. The big single just can't cut it on the hwy.
I've never owned a BMW GS1200 Adventure, but I've read about them,
seen them in movies, and have a friend who owns one. I bet that
bike would be the 'one ' you'd want for the one bike garage.
Problem with those bikes is they really have low-grade suspension and brakes. Not much in the way of motor either. They are commuter bikes or for entry or near-entry level riders.DAC_imp said:Do everything bikes exist. They're just not that exciting. The NT700 and NC700X are good examples. Very capable bikes that are flexible, just no "personality."
Lol. I agree.The ferret_imp said:Thats a 305 Superhawk in the picture. CB 77
Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done lol
I'm inclined to think a vfr might be something close based on what I see here. Tiger? Well. If your tall. Maybe. Especially the 800. But around town on and off a tiger. No thank you. When you saddle that horse you want to drain the tank. Then it makes sense. IMO of course.Capo_imp said:Purely in terms of versatility, I'd go with my Tiger 800. It really does do everything well. All day comfort, great triple motor, handles well, especially with sport touring rubber. Weighs under 500 lbs. if I was forced to go to a one bike garage, and planned on doing some long distance riding, I'd keep that. With a photo of the CB1100 next to my bed.
Lol. I agree.Romo1969_imp said:Lol. I agree.The ferret_imp said:Thats a 305 Superhawk in the picture. CB 77
Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done lol
But how cool as heck is it to just know a father and sun did this. This is what our american culture is all about and a big part of the soul of what riding means to so many of us.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm inclined to think a vfr might be something close based on what I see here. Tiger? Well. If your tall. Maybe. Especially the 800. But around town on and off a tiger. No thank you. When you saddle that horse you want to drain the tank. Then it makes sense. IMO of course.Capo_imp said:Purely in terms of versatility, I'd go with my Tiger 800. It really does do everything well. All day comfort, great triple motor, handles well, especially with sport touring rubber. Weighs under 500 lbs. if I was forced to go to a one bike garage, and planned on doing some long distance riding, I'd keep that. With a photo of the CB1100 next to my bed.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm inclined to think a vfr might be something close based on what I see here. Tiger? Well. If your tall. Maybe. Especially the 800. But around town on and off a tiger. No thank you. When you saddle that horse you want to drain the tank. Then it makes sense. IMO of course.Capo_imp said:Purely in terms of versatility, I'd go with my Tiger 800. It really does do everything well. All day comfort, great triple motor, handles well, especially with sport touring rubber. Weighs under 500 lbs. if I was forced to go to a one bike garage, and planned on doing some long distance riding, I'd keep that. With a photo of the CB1100 next to my bed.
Lol. I agree.Capo_imp said:Lol. I agree.Romo1969_imp said:Lol. I agree.The ferret_imp said:Thats a 305 Superhawk in the picture. CB 77
Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done lol
But how cool as heck is it to just know a father and sun did this. This is what our american culture is all about and a big part of the soul of what riding means to so many of us.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm inclined to think a vfr might be something close based on what I see here. Tiger? Well. If your tall. Maybe. Especially the 800. But around town on and off a tiger. No thank you. When you saddle that horse you want to drain the tank. Then it makes sense. IMO of course.Capo_imp said:Purely in terms of versatility, I'd go with my Tiger 800. It really does do everything well. All day comfort, great triple motor, handles well, especially with sport touring rubber. Weighs under 500 lbs. if I was forced to go to a one bike garage, and planned on doing some long distance riding, I'd keep that. With a photo of the CB1100 next to my bed.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
But how cool as heck is it to just know a father and sun did this. This is what our american culture is all about and a big part of the soul of what riding means to so many of us.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm inclined to think a vfr might be something close based on what I see here. Tiger? Well. If your tall. Maybe. Especially the 800. But around town on and off a tiger. No thank you. When you saddle that horse you want to drain the tank. Then it makes sense. IMO of course.Capo_imp said:Purely in terms of versatility, I'd go with my Tiger 800. It really does do everything well. All day comfort, great triple motor, handles well, especially with sport touring rubber. Weighs under 500 lbs. if I was forced to go to a one bike garage, and planned on doing some long distance riding, I'd keep that. With a photo of the CB1100 next to my bed.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm 5'8" and with the low comfort seat the Tiger height is not an issue. And I don't like 'tall bikes.' Very comfortable riding position and unlike a VFR you can stand on the pegs and move the bike around at very slow speeds.
I'm inclined to think a vfr might be something close based on what I see here. Tiger? Well. If your tall. Maybe. Especially the 800. But around town on and off a tiger. No thank you. When you saddle that horse you want to drain the tank. Then it makes sense. IMO of course.Capo_imp said:Purely in terms of versatility, I'd go with my Tiger 800. It really does do everything well. All day comfort, great triple motor, handles well, especially with sport touring rubber. Weighs under 500 lbs. if I was forced to go to a one bike garage, and planned on doing some long distance riding, I'd keep that. With a photo of the CB1100 next to my bed.
It does all of those things for me, upright seating position, handles surprisingly well, and has gobs of torque.DAC_imp said:Another happy VFR owner here. Very capable machine. I sport ride, tour and commute on mine as well. Wouldn't put it in the "one bike does all" list though. It's positioned more to the "sport" side of sport/touring. The riding position means that touring days that go over 400 miles will leave you a bit sore. The touring angle means it's sort of heavy for sportbike duty. Design compromises. But there is nothing quite like the sound of a V4 when it's ridden with purpose.
I'm looking for the CB1100 DLX to be my all-rounder. I'm hoping it'll let me sit upright and not concern myself with strafing corners trying to stay with guys that think they're the next Rossi. It looks like it can be set up to be a good commuter, tourer, weekend back road runner or whatever. And, hopefully, it'll have enough torque to keep a smile on my face.
Dave Degens is the man behind Dresda Tritons, also produced kit for other machines. I had a Dresda GT750 Suzuki for a while.The ferret_imp said:I know Seely and harris were frame makers and specialty parts. Not familiar with Degens?
+1 Cormanus, my sentiments exactly. Can't afford more than one. Does what I need and looks good doing it.Cormanus_imp said:I have only one bike, the CB1100 and I can't afford any others. So, for the moment at least, it has to be my Swiss Army Pocketknife of a bike.
Ugh. Really? Self edifying posts are such a waste of our time. Bla bla. I have 20 bikes.Flynbulldog_imp said:Like some of you I've owned dozens of bikes and own 10 or 11 right now. I could without a doubt live with just one bike to do it all and it does it all better than anything I've ever experienced.
My 2nd gen 1200 Ducati Multistrada...
It's fast,160 HP, handles like a sportbike, its as comfortable as a tourer - even two up, nimble around town, and gets 42 - 44 mpg. You can load it with gear for a month or take it to the track and embarrass gixers. And, it doesn't do too bad off road.
With a set TKC's it'll do anything a GS will do. I've had it a mile deep in the Utah canyon lands and atop a 14,000 ft mountain at Pikes Peak and mount Evans. I jump on it for a quick errand into town and spend the next week on a 1500 mile adventure.
The multi won the pikes peak hill climb 3 years in a row and set new records each consecutive year and it's been used to tour around the world.
Yep, I love my collection of bikes but I truly could live with just the Multistrada its a real "do anything" bike
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()