side stand too short?

Can one of the posters let me know whether he had really done a sorrow test in many cases, different leaning surfaces, etc. and before modification?
I had the same impression as to the bank angle of my bike in the first 2 weeks after purchase. But wherever I parked the side stand gave the bike perfect rest, regardless of handle bar position. So I ended up thinking, it always looks a little scary BUT it works. The Honda engineers knew what they were doing.
Was this assessment premature ?
 
j3gq_imp said:
Can one of the posters let me know whether he had really done a sorrow test in many cases, different leaning surfaces, etc. and before modification?
I had the same impression as to the bank angle of my bike in the first 2 weeks after purchase. But wherever I parked the side stand gave the bike perfect rest, regardless of handle bar position. So I ended up thinking, it always looks a little scary BUT it works. The Honda engineers knew what they were doing.
Was this assessment premature ?
I have never seen a bike fall over to the left while on a kickstand though I have many times been afraid of it happening to me. That angle is just skirry.
 
In the US, part number 50530-MGC-JB0 shows it is superceded to 50530-MGC-JB1. Either are used on the 2017 EX and RS models.
 
Back
Top