peterbaron
Road warrior
Personally saw it and can confirm its functionality, 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

So I copied this idea, and cut a hockey puck to the right shape and glued it (with epoxy) underneath my stand. 15 minute job. And so far (having used it for a few weeks now on an almost daily basis) so good. If it every falls off, I'll just glue a new one on.bioman_imp said:That would be a very elegant option indeed, but not cheap, I am afraid.Cormanus_imp said:bioman, LakeWylieJoe replaced his 13 or 14 side stand with the 17 side stand which he says is longer, http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15601
I found this cheap-but-effective option from the creative guys (& gals) on advrider.com: a hockey puck! I might give that a try.
![]()
Agree with "The ferret" with the wide foot print, this help on soft asphalt or grassy area.The ferret_imp said:how does it look folded up bioman? Might have been an opportunity to make the footprint a little larger too.



The ferret_imp said:how does it look folded up bioman? Might have been an opportunity to make the footprint a little larger too.
Yes, you are both correct, of course. The wider, the more stable. However, my problem was mainly the awkward, steep angle that the bike stood on, caused by the side stand that was too short.Alain Lee_imp said:Agree with "The ferret" with the wide foot print, this help on soft asphalt or grassy area.The ferret_imp said:how does it look folded up bioman? Might have been an opportunity to make the footprint a little larger too.
Inhouse Bob_imp said:[quote='bioman' pid='272576' dateline='1597018467'
So I copied this idea, and cut a hockey puck to the right shape and glued it (with epoxy) underneath my stand. 15 minute job. And so far (having used it for a few weeks now on an almost daily basis) so good. If it every falls off, I'll just glue a new one on.

bioman' pid='275515' dateline='1600193071 said:it is also a bit of the old "form-over-function" trade-off: I didn't want it to look as if I had a hockey puck hanging on my stand! :-/
:rofl:
John, the ONLY answer I have is: we have NOT stop playing yet !!!!!Houtman_imp said:Do they still play hockey in Canada ?

:rofl: the best laid plansGone in 60_imp said:Ah yes, I remember years ago, they did "Puck Night" at a Kings game in L.A. All spectators got a hockey puck with a Toyo Tire logo on it.
Big mistake. Most of them got thrown onto the ice during game play. I nabbed a bunch of them and did a really bad body lift on the truck I was driving at the time. So, pucks have many uses beyond hockey.