Side Covers

Me too I own a 2017 model (with the brushed aluminium side cover) where I would like to install the 2014 side cover.
Since new, I wanted to get a pair of the 2014 model, I like it better than the aluminium one - looks more vintage similar to the CB350 of the 70's.
From earlier discussion, I understand that only the 2 top tabs are at different locations.
I do not think that it is a difficult modification especially with today's glue/epoxy technology.
That's one of my future project.
 
Thread starter
Alain Lee_imp said:
Me too I own a 2017 model (with the brushed aluminium side cover) where I would like to install the 2014 side cover.
Since new, I wanted to get a pair of the 2014 model, I like it better than the aluminium one - looks more vintage similar to the CB350 of the 70's.
From earlier discussion, I understand that only the 2 top tabs are at different locations.
I do not think that it is a difficult modification especially with today's glue/epoxy technology.
That's one of my future project.
I did find the paint. I was considering doing the same thing. The nice thing about the 2017 frame is we'd only have to make new tabs on the 2014 side covers, but a repaint would be in order. I did find the paint (R-342c is the paint code - Candy Prominence Red).
https://www.colorrite.com/product/honda-r342c-candy-prominence-red-2286.cfm
 
Thread starter
My quick and dirty photo skills aren't the best, but here's what it would kind of look like with a modified 2014 panel:

a82aed2c33665bec7e8f20bb1030827a.jpg
 
I tell ya Yota, that looks pretty dang awesome to me!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I would agree popgun. Honda could had hired 'em.

YT: How is the bike maintained upright during the photo shoot? :D
Haven't you seen those self leveling and driving motorcycles? :D:D


 
Randy B_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I would agree popgun. Honda could had hired 'em.

YT: How is the bike maintained upright during the photo shoot? :D
Haven't you seen those self leveling and driving motorcycles? :D:D


Haven't you seen those self leveling and driving motorcycles? :D:D



It is not the bike but the self leveling concrete under neat the bike keeping it up straight.
 
YotaMan_imp said:
My quick and dirty photo skills aren't the best, but here's what it would kind of look like with a modified 2014 panel:

a82aed2c33665bec7e8f20bb1030827a.jpg
Beautiful, just like I visualised it.

Did you noticed the paint difference, it's a bit darker.
 
Thread starter
Ha - on the self leveling bike. Yeah there is a difference in paint color for sure. I'm considering buying some of these side covers and having them repainted at a shop to match the 2017 tank (R-342c). I did also reach out to Samurider last week and again this week about these side covers https://www.samurider.com/?p=26886, but no one has e-mailed me back yet. I have the money in my hand either way, but I just want to make sure I make the right decision.

Can anyone provide a backside photo of the 2014 side covers - including all the mounting points. I'd like to compare them to my 2017s.
 
I’ve never used the form on his site to contact Samurider. I use the contact@samurider.com address for email and he usually replies quickly. Just remember the time difference.

If Mr. T is not responding in his normal quick fashion I would guess he may be out of the office for some reason. Just a guess though.
 
YotaMan_imp said:
Ha - on the self leveling bike. Yeah there is a difference in paint color for sure. I'm considering buying some of these side covers and having them repainted at a shop to match the 2017 tank (R-342c). I did also reach out to Samurider last week and again this week about these side covers https://www.samurider.com/?p=26886, but no one has e-mailed me back yet. I have the money in my hand either way, but I just want to make sure I make the right decision.

Can anyone provide a backside photo of the 2014 side covers - including all the mounting points. I'd like to compare them to my 2017s.
If you could send your email to me than we can send you a picture.
My email is :houtman123@bellsouth.net
 
Thread starter
Alain said you got the pics uploaded Houtman?

I will also drop them here in-case any forum members want to review.

Backside of 2014 covers
30f88743c3be06bbeda005625b8addb3.jpg


Backside of 2017 covers
40b73ac30f4fdd15464c39db3c9b7655.jpg
 
From the above 4 pictures, the only modification required are:
1. To grind out the two "buds/nipples" and
2. Glue/Bolt-on a metal strip to the front of the cover so that it guide and hold the cover front section into the original frame slot.

I hope that the lower screw aligns with the threaded hole on the frame.
See Samurider conversion of '17 aluminium cover into a '14 model year bike.

Et voila!
 
Alain Lee' pid='260533' dateline='1582513681 said:
From the above 4 pictures, the only modification required are:
1. To grind out the two "buds/nipples" and
2. Glue/Bolt-on a metal strip to the front of the cover so that it guide and hold the cover front section into the original frame slot.

I hope that the lower screw aligns with the threaded hole on the frame.
See Samurider conversion of '17 aluminium cover into a '14 model year bike.

I have this 2017 cover on my 2014 , you can see the two screws on the outside , they are close to the tank but on the left side you can see the heads of the screws. Not a big deal but not perfect.
 
YotaMan_imp said:
My quick and dirty photo skills aren't the best, but here's what it would kind of look like with a modified 2014 panel:

a82aed2c33665bec7e8f20bb1030827a.jpg
That looks so much better! That’s what was missing to balance out the tank on its own!
 
Back
Top