Side Covers

YotaMan_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Wondering if someone could help me out here? I just purchased a new 2017 CB1100EX. I've been looking for days and not sure where to find these. I'm looking for probably Euro market side covers for my US model. I found some on Webike, but noticed they were lightly different and didn't have the recessed CB1100 logo on them.

Also does anyone know if the paint color is the same hue from my model to the ones on this older model?

Wanting these side covers
2933d8df2d7bb040dcf00ba09b8b936c.jpg



For this model of CB
55c69b559490efc5b523c1cdca9d29ef.jpg


Thanks, Neal
 
The “euro” bike you’re admiring is a U.S.-model 2014 CB1100 Deluxe. Not sure if those side covers will fit your ‘17, but they should be available by special order at any Honda dealer. The color won’t be a match.
 
Thread starter
Thanks! Wonder if the top mounting locations are maybe just a bit different... I'd be curious to see the back of a 2014 DLX side cover.
 
Honda change the shade of "red" from year to year and it p*ss*s me off!

They own the magnificent "Candy Glory Red", but instead they put a shade of "red" on their current CB1100 that is more akin to an insipid, cheap-looking boiled sweet... :@

I put "red" in inverted commas because it's now more like a pink than a deep red. If Honda keep going with the CB, in ten years time, CBs will be Barbie Pink...!!

Why they are doing this beats me.
 
What about the side panels from a 2019 CB1100?

86201127db58d685ddd656684af3b625.jpg


Would they fit?

Not sure about the colour though. In UK the colour is “CANDY CHROMOSPHERE RED”.
 
Richard_imp said:
What about the side panels from a 2019 CB1100?

86201127db58d685ddd656684af3b625.jpg


Would they fit?

Not sure about the colour though. In UK the colour is “CANDY CHROMOSPHERE RED”.
He wants the longer covers that covers the frame tube in front of them.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Richard_imp said:
What about the side panels from a 2019 CB1100?

86201127db58d685ddd656684af3b625.jpg


Would they fit?

Not sure about the colour though. In UK the colour is “CANDY CHROMOSPHERE RED”.
He wants the longer covers that covers the frame tube in front of them.
He wants the longer covers that covers the frame tube in front of them.

Or perhaps he just wants red covers?
 
Thread starter
Humm... everyone has me thinking here now. Though I love the side covers on the '14 DLX model the best, I'd probably want to see the mounts on the backside before I pull the trigger on those and repaint. I'd love to make these work though.

I don't mind the side covers Richard mentioned, I just prefer the style of the DLX just a little more. It would probably be a good option - if the paint matches. I would need to find out if the paint colors are the same though. I don't even know what my 2017 EX paint color is. I should have looked to see if it was on the title before I gave it to the state for my tax and registration. When I get the new one back it will probably just be listed as "red."

The process redbirds mentions here isn't a bad idea either. Though not sure how that would turn out on aluminum since it's a little 'rough' - noticed yours were plastic on your '13. I'd probably just order some plastic '13 model ones and repaint like you did if I go that route.

OR

I did find this on Samurider, but again, not sure on the paint color. https://www.samurider.com/?p=26886/#itemImage
 
All years have different mounting tabs in the back . I just went opposite what you did and had 2017 side covers made in Japan to fit my 2014. It worked out ok but not perfect. I much prefer the 2017 alu covers over the two tone 2014 .
 
Thread starter
Crazy that the tabs were different every year!!! I might have to order an extra set of side covers if these samurider ones are different. I don't want to mess up the stock ones as I'd like to keep the originals with the bike too. I think I found the paint name though.

b1cbacfc762338d52125e73ad0f5dde2.jpg
 
Thread starter
alprider_imp said:
btw.

start by 17 models: its nomore plastic, its a (brushed) aluminum cover
Yep they are aluminum. I just prefer the painted look. Inquiring at Samurider for painted ones.

f65be174cadfbdb94341a372a879e778.jpg
 
I'd simply paint the aluminum covers. At the Colorrite site you put in year and model of your bike and they have the proper paint match for it, no guesswork.
 
YotaMan, the paint code should be on a tag under the seat.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
YotaMan, the paint code should be on a tag under the seat.
Thanks on the under the seat info. I'll check it out!

I did go to the ColorRite website and the 2017 isn't listed.
 
The code will be on a sticker on left side on a frame rail under the seat, like Cormanus said. Should start with R. Then look up the color for that code and see if it comes up. If you can’t find it let us know and we/I can post a pic.
 
Back
Top