which color schemes were really cool ?

j3gq_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Not just the tank color, but the combination of tank, side covers and engine paint scheme made a huge difference to the look of each CB1100. And you don't see it, unless you see them side by side. Here come pictures of 2013 standard, DLX, and EX for comparison.

I have tried to find images with neutral background, rather then mountains, lakes, or stunning man made structures. Ignored RS color schemes (not available in the U.S.) or late EX models which simply added a white stripe to the tank.

Which color schemes you like best ?

Early models in red, black and white
or or

EX models from 2017
or or

Final Edition colors in 2020/21
or

You can easily find a collage of many models, different angles of shooting, different backgrounds by going to Startpage.com, type "images CB1100), and select images only in the menu bar after the list of pages shows.
 
I am very partial to my 2013 Standard (US) color scheme, which is the most beautiful red tank and silver side panel. If I had the excess wealth to be a collector, I'd get as many different varieties as I could smuggle into the country, though.
:biker::cool:
 
Like all of them except pic # 3 = black color.
If I had to decide which on to buy, it would be a problem, too many to chose from.
 
Looking back at photos I saved at one time or another, found this one which I think is one of the more beautiful color schemes / overall CB1100 look.

0be7708cbc4fd3e6a5a6ff537cd78370.jpg
 
I've always liked silver motor and wheels, and color matched tank and side covers. I've also preferred dual pipes. Probably why I ride a deluxe.
 
Actually, the Black (third pick down) is probably the best look. The red is good too but most important is that the engine should be silver. This is a naked bike with one of the last air cooled inline fours. It should be on display.
 
I like the red on my 2017MY and do like the partial black paint on the engine, but would trade the paint for the raw silver metal as the paint quality is pretty poor.
 
I’m not sure the ‘raw silver metal’ ever existed. My engine is all silver — and I prefer it to the black — and the paint quality is poor. It was a major complaint on the short-lived UK CB1100 forum.
 
m in sc_imp said:
the black looks -terrible- in pictures. absolutely awful. In real life, night and day. then, just poslish the lips of the wheels and it really comes alive. I would have never bought a black on based on a photo. But, i love mine. so much, i bought spare bodywork just in case.
The '14 standard does look nice in the flesh. I had mine for about 11 miles and miss it's overall look. I think I now prefer the '17 engine with it's semi black, but the '14 tank was really sharp because of the subtle grey swoosh and red pin-stripe.

6fbd24bc1923ceeef147e204e15c4660.jpg


The simple wing badge really makes for a classy look.
0bc9c6ec97116e508daf73bd7c464f72.jpg


Contrast the CB1100 pin-stripe with that of my W800
750b85ac2ad4654c78492dcc6f3e03a6.jpg


While I love the blue, the thick, white stripe is too...thick. I'd prefer a few thin white stripes, and let the blue dominate.

Silly considerations and obviously the '17ex tank and the W's thick stripe didn't make me hesitate for a minute when buying, but I would love to be the one, or at least on the team that ultimately decides tank colors.
 
I'm a fan of this dark blue. It's just north of black, but really sparkles in the sun.
It's the only one this color in North America as far as I know.

3e7b49ca1efa0efbdf554c8f4bb0d2bc.jpg


cb68d004f7cc1ad1b8ffe2989f511218.jpg
 
Randy B_imp said:
I'm a fan of this dark blue. It's just north of black, but really sparkles in the sun.
It's the only one this color in North America as far as I know.

3e7b49ca1efa0efbdf554c8f4bb0d2bc.jpg


cb68d004f7cc1ad1b8ffe2989f511218.jpg
Is this blue OEM colour, cos is hard to see from these pics?...and if yes, I may know its Canadian origin, I guess?
 
Back
Top