Side Cover Replacements

Crap, I just got a confirmation email, the side covers wont ship till the 24th :@
so, I'll have to wait 3 or 4 weeks - oh well. :blush:
 
Thread starter
thumper_imp said:
Congrats Bill--if you haven't yet seen, Webike Japan is using your photos on their website:

Webike: Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Gears, OEM parts & Reviews

You're a celebrity!!! :D
Yeah way cool! I wasn't sure the review and picture would be approved for the site.

Notice I plugged the forum at the end?!
Flynbulldog_imp said:
Crap, I just got a confirmation email, the side covers wont ship till the 24th :@
so, I'll have to wait 3 or 4 weeks - oh well. :blush:
Chin up Flynbulldog, they gave me the same 3 week time frame but I received in 2. From experience I can say "patience" ... it will be worth the wait :exclamation:
 
Hey Guys,

I did not see anypictures of it, so here they are on my bike:

Force Design Carbon/Candy Red Covers:






Digging that a '76 CB750K parked next to me!

Gersh
 
Thats one way to use the helmet hook lol
 
Just received my side cover replacements in Candy Red from Webike Japan last week. I had already ordered the side cover emblems from Hondapartshouse.com and installed them prior to installing the covers. While the parts are expensive, the paint match and quality of these pieces are excellent. Here are few pics.



[url=http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Supercruz_photos/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/DSCN0731_zps9e439f01.jpg.html]

[url=http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Supercruz_photos/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/DSCN0733_zpsb786ad32.jpg.html]
 
SWEET! Looks very sporty. Now the mirrors look out of place though.
Hows the wind behind that quarter fairing?
 
Supercruz,

How do you like those sliders? Any comments on installing them?

I have a set on order, but webike isn't shipping until next month.
 
Popgun - The sliders are Moriwaki brand from Webike Japan. I ordered these when I purchased my Road Comet faring. Webike had some deal that if you ordered X amount you received free shipping. The sliders allowed me to do that. These are nice pieces and installed very easily. Took about 30 Min. When I ordered them I screwed up and ordered them in white not looking at the fine print. That is the problem with Webike. Forget about sending them back as Webike would not allow me to return or exchange them. After attempting to sell with no takers, I simply prepped them with some adhesion promoter and sprayed them satin black with some Duplicolor bumper coater. More work than I anticipated but they turned out nice. Good luck with you sliders when you receive them. They do look nice on the bike.
 
Supercruz,

Thanks for the reply. I did order the Moriwaki's, and made sure I ordered the black ones, having read your experiance...

That was a really good idea to paint them. I figured someone with a white bike would buy them from you.
 
Cruz - Great looking ride. The fairing looks awesome and I like those sliders!

Buffalo Bill - they are available from Webbike. I agree, they are expensive, but the quality and color match are excellent.

I did like the silver, but agree with another poster on here that they somehow made the bike look incomplete.

Later!

Gersh
 
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
Popgun - The sliders are Moriwaki brand from Webike Japan. I ordered these when I purchased my Road Comet faring. Webike had some deal that if you ordered X amount you received free shipping. The sliders allowed me to do that. These are nice pieces and installed very easily. Took about 30 Min. When I ordered them I screwed up and ordered them in white not looking at the fine print. That is the problem with Webike. Forget about sending them back as Webike would not allow me to return or exchange them. After attempting to sell with no takers, I simply prepped them with some adhesion promoter and sprayed them satin black with some Duplicolor bumper coater. More work than I anticipated but they turned out nice. Good luck with you sliders when you receive them. They do look nice on the bike.
Supercruz, I need your opinion on those sliders. Do you think they would/could work as poor mans highway pegs? They certainly look long enough?

just wondering
 
Ole - Guess they could substitute for poor mans highway pegs but one side is shorter than the other so they extend equal distance from the engine casings on both sides. Honestly, if you want highway pegs, I think you are looking at a set of crash bars with some pegs added to those to make it work.
 
I received replacement side covers in Candy Red from Webike Japan today. They were shipped on the 25th, so 3 only days shipping! But it took 17 days before they shipped. Decals are off, and I'm using goo gone to clean them up before applying the 3D emblems.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
I received replacement side covers in Candy Red from Webike Japan today. They were shipped on the 25th, so 3 only days shipping! But it took 17 days before they shipped. Decals are off, and I'm using goo gone to clean them up before applying the 3D emblems.

Cool. Can't wait to see your bike with them on.
 
Back
Top