Side Cover Replacements

Bolt on and go! Nice quality parts. Added the Cozy seat at the same time.

de5b20bf3191b6dc783e9edad083eb46.jpg
 
I got my side covers today, here's a closer look at them.

I thought these might be a set of OEM covers that were repainted but they are complete reproductions. The originals are molded plastic and the force design covers are fiberglass.
The quality, workmanship and finish of the fiberglass is honestly the best I've ever seen. I'd guess that they are prepreg autoclave manufactured.

The Honda covers have a black paint-line along the top of the part, the new covers are fully painted.

The fit, finish, and color match are spot-on perfect.






I took a minute during installation and polished the bolt heads to match the swing-arm pin cover.

After having them on for a day and getting a chance to let it soak in, I'm absolutely astonished at the paint quality of these side covers.
I'm a 10 veteran in the automotive paint industry and these are exceptional stand-outs.
 
Thread starter
VERY nice CB4ME!! Liking it all... Shield, side covers with the original Honda badge, plate mount, nice rack... What's next, the seat? Oh yeah, saw where you ordered a seat... Well done!
 
BuffaloBill_imp said:
VERY nice CB4ME!! Liking it all... Shield, side covers with the original Honda badge, plate mount, nice rack... What's next, the seat? Oh yeah, saw where you ordered a seat... Well done!
Just following your lead on the side covers ;)

The high seat is still a good month from shipping. I also have the chrome meter covers on order from my dealer since June 4. That should brighten up that area, even through the smoked wind screen.

I'm still looking for a chrome chain cover. The right side of the bike has that big bright exhaust, and a chome cover would add a bit of balance to the left side. I e-mailed Samurider to see if he would consider offering it. He already carries accessories from Honda's Japanese accessories catalog,

So how about you? Any new mods on the horizon?
 
Thread starter
Researching seats. Pain in the... Have been through all of the forum posts and associated overseas web sites. I wish I knew how they retro fitted the 70's stock Honda seat to the 2013 model. Really liking the retro seat look! I sent emails to see if the retro Cozy seat is available. I like what you got ordered. Looks like a great upgrade to the stock seat. Other than that, I'm sitting tight... :D
 
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
Ole - Guess they could substitute for poor mans highway pegs but one side is shorter than the other so they extend equal distance from the engine casings on both sides. Honestly, if you want highway pegs, I think you are looking at a set of crash bars with some pegs added to those to make it work.
Would you be so kind and try to get a pic of the sliders from the front only?
Sometimes it is very hard for me to make money decisions without seeing a good picture of it.
thanks I will buy you a beer if I am ever in your area
 
Supercruz, your bike looks awesome. With the fairing and matching side covers, I really like this look. Like some of the other comments, I was ok with the silver until I saw those pics, now I am going to have to order some in red.

For those of you putting on the CB 1100 emblem, do they just stick on in place of the decals?
 
CB4ME, which windscreen is that? I've been waiting on the Dart screen, but yours looks like what I'm after.

And how do you like it at speed? Does it cut the wind well?
 
silascopathic_imp said:
I saw those and They are nice except for that stupid logo in the center... Too bad they don't have other options
Yea, I'd like some w/scoops. Might modify stockers after red ones show up. Thought pic of these might give you something to go by if you decide to fab some.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
CB4ME, which windscreen is that? I've been waiting on the Dart screen, but yours looks like what I'm after.

And how do you like it at speed? Does it cut the wind well?
The windscreen is a Puig Plus available from from Monster Parts. Wind is cut from chest area. It's uncanny ant lower speeds of 30 to 45 mph. At higher speeds it still does a good job but I have noticed wind noise at 50 mph and above as all that air is pushed up and over the windscreen into my helmet.

The screen is only 3mm thick, and very flexible. The top jiggles a little when riding over rough roads. But the shield is rock solid in it's simple mount at 90 and 95 mph speeds into the wind. Doesn't move a millimeter.

I had the Dart flyscreen on my Bonneville - it was a stiffer plastic and significantly smaller. It looked perfect on the Triumph but wind protection was rather minimal.
 
air charlie_imp said:
Supercruz, your bike looks awesome. With the fairing and matching side covers, I really like this look. Like some of the other comments, I was ok with the silver until I saw those pics, now I am going to have to order some in red.

For those of you putting on the CB 1100 emblem, do they just stick on in place of the decals?
The CB1100 emblems have emblem tape on the back. Just peel and stick. To get the silver stick on CB1100 stickers off the Force Design side covers, i first outlined the existing sticker with painters tape so I would know where to put the new emblems. Then take a hair dryer and heat the stickers and carefully peel by lifting an edge with a finger nail. Tweezers are also helpful to pull the stickers off. Be patient and take your time. When done, clean any remaining residue with some light solvent such as lighter fluid, naptha, or denatured alcohol. Then apply your new CB1100 emblems using the taped outline as your guide.
 
Back
Top