Side Cover Replacements

Been eyeing a set of these side covers for a while. Just installed my Road Comet fairing in candy red from Webike last week. Paint match was perfect. Bill, your pictures put me over the top. Just ordered a set of the side covers. Hope these side covers turn out as nice on the color match. There is a guy on here named Paul in GA and he has had the side covers for a while now. They really make the bike pop in my opinion.
 
I was just looking at them and just can't get past the cost. I sure like them though.

As for you, get ye to the dealer and order the 3d badges for them!!
 
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
Been eyeing a set of these side covers for a while. Just installed my Road Comet fairing in candy red from Webike last week. Paint match was perfect. Bill, your pictures put me over the top. Just ordered a set of the side covers. Hope these side covers turn out as nice on the color match. There is a guy on here named Paul in GA and he has had the side covers for a while now. They really make the bike pop in my opinion.
Was there a thread someplace showing you new fairing Supercruz?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I was just looking at them and just can't get past the cost. I sure like them though.

As for you, get ye to the dealer and order the 3d badges for them!!
Yes, and I thought side panels for a Bonnie were expensive at $150 a pair!

Webtime has some interesting prices. The Honda factory rear carrier that retails for $275 in the states is only $181 on Webike, while the chrome instrument cover that cost $51 here will set you back $94 bucks on Webike.

For me, the matching red side covers are a top priority as soon as I can save up the $$. :D
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I was just looking at them and just can't get past the cost. I sure like them though.

As for you, get ye to the dealer and order the 3d badges for them!!
I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.
 
Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I was just looking at them and just can't get past the cost. I sure like them though.

As for you, get ye to the dealer and order the 3d badges for them!!
I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.
I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.
Before I found these online I called several body shops. All of them would not take the job, too little money and not easy to match the color. I was referred to custom bike builders / painters (HD chopper type shops).

I learned most any job was going to run from $250 to $500. Then if the job did not go well I would have sacrificed the original side covers which I did not really want to change.

So while I thought the price was expensive, it wasn't relative to a paint job and altering the original side covers. Realistically I figured the uplift was about $50 to $100 delta. Not a big deal.

But more important, for $300 I got exactly the look I was hoping for!

To me, the deep red side covers look so much better, it's worth the money because it's my new CB1100!
 
BuffaloBill_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I was just looking at them and just can't get past the cost. I sure like them though.

As for you, get ye to the dealer and order the 3d badges for them!!
I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.
I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.
Before I found these online I called several body shops. All of them would not take the job, too little money and not easy to match the color. I was referred to custom bike builders / painters (HD chopper type shops).

I learned most any job was going to run from $250 to $500. Then if the job did not go well I would have sacrificed the original side covers which I did not really want to change.

So while I thought the price was expensive, it wasn't relative to a paint job and altering the original side covers. Realistically I figured the uplift was about $50 to $100 delta. Not a big deal.

But more important, for $300 I got exactly the look I was hoping for!

To me, the deep red side covers look so much better, it's worth the money because it's my new CB1100!
I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.
Before I found these online I called several body shops. All of them would not take the job, too little money and not easy to match the color. I was referred to custom bike builders / painters (HD chopper type shops).

I learned most any job was going to run from $250 to $500. Then if the job did not go well I would have sacrificed the original side covers which I did not really want to change.

So while I thought the price was expensive, it wasn't relative to a paint job and altering the original side covers. Realistically I figured the uplift was about $50 to $100 delta. Not a big deal.

But more important, for $300 I got exactly the look I was hoping for!

To me, the deep red side covers look so much better, it's worth the money because it's my new CB1100!
Well I guess that pretty much answers the get them painted question. :(
 
Hard to tell from photos--are the CB1100 stickers that come with the red side covers in white or silver? And if silver, how close a match to the silver striping on the gas tank?
 
Thread starter
thumper_imp said:
Hard to tell from photos--are the CB1100 stickers that come with the red side covers in white or silver? And if silver, how close a match to the silver striping on the gas tank?
The stickers are silver and are a very close match to the gas tank stripe, it also matches several other silver parts on the bike. Nice look overall. Easier to read than the 3D Chrome badge. I was actually debating weather or not to order the replacement chrome emblems or not as it looked great. However, I decided to stay true to the bike and replace the 3D emblems.
 
That does look awesome!

Did the 2d decal just peel right off?
 
I just gotta say, the more I look at your bike, the more I like those side covers. They really make the bike pop IMO. I'm going to have to think about getting some--later this year, but getting some.

Guess I could at least order the 3d badges and have them ready...
 
Just ordered a set of matching side covers. BB thanks for the pictures, it really put me over the fence.
I think the bike looks a lot better with the red covers.
 
Thread starter
oldyaler_imp said:
I hope you don't mind BB but that first picture looks so good I made it my wallpaper. :cool:
Not at all. I did the same. Glad you like it as much as I do. I can't stop starring at it. Going to my garage allot... cant wait to get back on the road. The covers might be a little pricy but not that bad relative to other products to get the that look!!

P.S. If you click on the picture it will get you to my Photobucket CB1100 library with other pictures if you're interested.
 
Back
Top