Bonafide_imp
First service completed
Very nice Bill.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Was there a thread someplace showing you new fairing Supercruz?SUPERCRUZ_imp said:Been eyeing a set of these side covers for a while. Just installed my Road Comet fairing in candy red from Webike last week. Paint match was perfect. Bill, your pictures put me over the top. Just ordered a set of the side covers. Hope these side covers turn out as nice on the color match. There is a guy on here named Paul in GA and he has had the side covers for a while now. They really make the bike pop in my opinion.
Yes, and I thought side panels for a Bonnie were expensive at $150 a pair!Lord Popgun_imp said:I was just looking at them and just can't get past the cost. I sure like them though.
As for you, get ye to the dealer and order the 3d badges for them!!

I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.Lord Popgun_imp said:I was just looking at them and just can't get past the cost. I sure like them though.
As for you, get ye to the dealer and order the 3d badges for them!!
I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.OldF7Guy_imp said:I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.Lord Popgun_imp said:I was just looking at them and just can't get past the cost. I sure like them though.
As for you, get ye to the dealer and order the 3d badges for them!!
I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.BuffaloBill_imp said:I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.OldF7Guy_imp said:I am wondering if you could buy the paint to match the tank and have a body shop spray the current covers cheaper? They look so good that it just makes it jump out at me.Lord Popgun_imp said:I was just looking at them and just can't get past the cost. I sure like them though.
As for you, get ye to the dealer and order the 3d badges for them!!
Before I found these online I called several body shops. All of them would not take the job, too little money and not easy to match the color. I was referred to custom bike builders / painters (HD chopper type shops).
I learned most any job was going to run from $250 to $500. Then if the job did not go well I would have sacrificed the original side covers which I did not really want to change.
So while I thought the price was expensive, it wasn't relative to a paint job and altering the original side covers. Realistically I figured the uplift was about $50 to $100 delta. Not a big deal.
But more important, for $300 I got exactly the look I was hoping for!
To me, the deep red side covers look so much better, it's worth the money because it's my new CB1100!




That looks great. I always thought the silver covers made it look incomplete.BuffaloBill_imp said:OK Gentlemen,
Here's the finished product with some before and after close ups.
Let me know what you think.
BEFORE:
[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/billschriever/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/IMG_1476b_zpsc55f1790.jpg.html]
AFTER:
[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/billschriever/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/IMG_1480_zps5dbe9172.jpg.html]
The stickers are silver and are a very close match to the gas tank stripe, it also matches several other silver parts on the bike. Nice look overall. Easier to read than the 3D Chrome badge. I was actually debating weather or not to order the replacement chrome emblems or not as it looked great. However, I decided to stay true to the bike and replace the 3D emblems.thumper_imp said:Hard to tell from photos--are the CB1100 stickers that come with the red side covers in white or silver? And if silver, how close a match to the silver striping on the gas tank?
That looks great. I always thought the silver covers made it look incomplete.oldyaler_imp said:That looks great. I always thought the silver covers made it look incomplete.BuffaloBill_imp said:OK Gentlemen,
Here's the finished product with some before and after close ups.
Let me know what you think.
BEFORE:
[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/billschriever/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/IMG_1476b_zpsc55f1790.jpg.html]
AFTER:
[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/billschriever/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/IMG_1480_zps5dbe9172.jpg.html]
Yes. It took some doing, but it is just a decal / sticker...Lord Popgun_imp said:That does look awesome!
Did the 2d decal just peel right off?

Not at all. I did the same. Glad you like it as much as I do. I can't stop starring at it. Going to my garage allot... cant wait to get back on the road. The covers might be a little pricy but not that bad relative to other products to get the that look!!oldyaler_imp said:I hope you don't mind BB but that first picture looks so good I made it my wallpaper.![]()