Side Cover Replacements

If you order some be sure you post up your buying experiece...and PICTURES OF THEM ON YOUR BIKE!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
If you order some be sure you post up your buying experiece...and PICTURES OF THEM ON YOUR BIKE!

I did order them... They've shipped. I should get them in the next week or so. I will post with pictures ASAP. Thanks!
 
BuffaloBill_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
If you order some be sure you post up your buying experiece...and PICTURES OF THEM ON YOUR BIKE!

I did order them... They've shipped. I should get them in the next week or so. I will post with pictures ASAP. Thanks!
Well, Dang, Buffalo Bill, don't leave us hangin' like that! What color did you order?
 
Scoobynut_imp said:
BuffaloBill_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
If you order some be sure you post up your buying experiece...and PICTURES OF THEM ON YOUR BIKE!

I did order them... They've shipped. I should get them in the next week or so. I will post with pictures ASAP. Thanks!
Well, Dang, Buffalo Bill, don't leave us hangin' like that! What color did you order?
Well, Dang, Buffalo Bill, don't leave us hangin' like that! What color did you order?
I definitely want a pair of these, specifically color matched, like they were on 70's bikes. Also with the 3-D emblems (not painted emblems), like they were on the 70's bikes.

(Now if someone would just make finned header clamps..)
 
BuffaloBill_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
If you order some be sure you post up your buying experiece...and PICTURES OF THEM ON YOUR BIKE!

I did order them... They've shipped. I should get them in the next week or so. I will post with pictures ASAP. Thanks!
Can't wait to see 'em! The unmatched side panels were one thing I wasn't so sure I liked about this bike. They've started to grow on me, but I might change my mind after I see yours on the bike.
 
Thread starter
Scoobynut_imp said:
BuffaloBill_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
If you order some be sure you post up your buying experiece...and PICTURES OF THEM ON YOUR BIKE!

I did order them... They've shipped. I should get them in the next week or so. I will post with pictures ASAP. Thanks!
Well, Dang, Buffalo Bill, don't leave us hangin' like that! What color did you order?
Well, Dang, Buffalo Bill, don't leave us hangin' like that! What color did you order?
Ordered Red to match the bike like the 70's CB's.

I do wish they had the 3D model badge. It does have the same size letter/numbering as the 3d badge. I'm currently researching where I can get the 3D badge separately.

Still impatiently waiting for shipping. Will definitely post the pics upon there arrival!!
 
I haven't looked at the parts fiche for the CB1100 yet, but perhaps those badges are a separate part item that could be ordered from Honda and applied to the new side covers?
By the way, I've seen pictures of the CB1100 sporting the painted side covers to match the tank and think it looks really nice. I think someone on this forum might already have a set installed? I'd be tempted to do this myself if Honda did not include the silver and black stripes on the tank as they've done in other markets. With the stripes I could go either way as I like how the silver of the side panels tie in with the silver stripes on the tank.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your CB with the new side covers installed.
 
Guth_imp said:
I haven't looked at the parts fiche for the CB1100 yet, but perhaps those badges are a separate part item that could be ordered from Honda and applied to the new side covers?
By the way, I've seen pictures of the CB1100 sporting the painted side covers to match the tank and think it looks really nice. I think someone on this forum might already have a set installed? I'd be tempted to do this myself if Honda did not include the silver and black stripes on the tank as they've done in other markets. With the stripes I could go either way as I like how the silver of the side panels tie in with the silver stripes on the tank.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your CB with the new side covers installed.
I just checked the parts fiche and it doesn't show separate pieces.
 
Paul,

I see it on the fiche on-line. Its:


EMBLEM, SIDE COVER

87105-MGC-J80

$8.06 on Hondapartshouse.com. Is shown in section Mark/Stripe
 
Thread starter
Well... The side covers arrived today!

I ordered red side covers from webbike:

Webike: Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Gears, OEM parts & Reviews

Order was easy, good communication on shipping, arrived earlier than expected, packaging was excellent, product received as advertised, great quality, excellent matching color, better overall product than I expected!!

Results: I'm liking the looks a lot!

Although I did order separate 3D CB1100 emblem 87105-MGC-J80 (not yet arrived)

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8dd9f870022e4ccd326b/mark-stripe

I actually like the silver sticker emblem on the red replacement side cover. It matches the silver gas tank stripe and other silver medal fixtures on the bike.

Here's the Before / After pic with some additional shots.

Let me know how you like it...



[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/billschriever/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/IMG_1402a_zps1e62699d.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/billschriever/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/IMG_1405a_zps3d216725.jpg.html]
 
Wow, that looks a lot better than I expected actually. i like it. i was ok with the silver covers......TILL NOW! Thanks a lot!

Glad the process went well for you and thanks for being the first. After seeing this, bet you won't be the last.
 
BuffaloBill_imp said:
Well... The side covers arrived today!

I ordered red side covers from webbike:

Webike: Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Gears, OEM parts & Reviews

Order was easy, good communication on shipping, arrived earlier than expected, packaging was excellent, product received as advertised, great quality, excellent matching color, better overall product than I expected!!

Results: I'm liking the looks a lot!

Although I did order separate 3D CB1100 emblem 87105-MGC-J80 (not yet arrived)

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8dd9f870022e4ccd326b/mark-stripe

I actually like the silver sticker emblem on the red replacement side cover. It matches the silver gas tank stripe and other silver medal fixtures on the bike.

Here's the Before / After pic with some additional shots.

Let me know how you like it...



[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/billschriever/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/IMG_1402a_zps1e62699d.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/billschriever/media/2013%20Honda%20CB1100/IMG_1405a_zps3d216725.jpg.html]

Awesome looks!!! Those are tempting. Thanks for sharing.
 
It's funny, I personally really like the look of the silver colored side covers and think of them as part of the bike's signature. That said, those red colored side panels as seen in your pictures look better than any other images I've seen of them and I really like the look. Nicely done!
 
I'm with ferret on this. I really like the silver side covers. And like he said, till now!! Your bike looks awesome.

Now, do what oldyaler said and get that chrome chain guard so we can see what that looks like :)

Also, like Guth said: those are the best looking pictures of them I've seen. I just wish they weren't quite so pricey.
 
Thread starter
M3-SRT8_imp said:
<-----Conflicted.

Likes the Red AND the Silver.

BTW, how close a color match is that Webike Side Cover?

The color match IMO is very, very close! As close as I can detect. Excellent quality. Very nice, pleased overall. Now waiting on the 3D emblems ordered.
 
Buffalo Bill

Another accessory to add to my "must have" list. Like ferret and popgun, your awesome pictures changed my mind. Please send more picture when the 3D emblems come in. And thanks!!
 
Back
Top