That'll change your speedo reading Mr P.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
any idea what that is in miles..Cormanus_imp said:Around 25,000 kms.
thanks G.O. .. and you too cormanus ...GoldOxide_imp said:Divide by 1.6 = 15,625.


For what it's worth, my front PR3 also made it to 15K miles and probably had another 1K left in it.Chuckk_imp said:15k miles on a front tire sounds like a lot to me.. but it sounds like good news.. I will be trying the rear pr-3 first.. then if my abrasive road allows me good mileage, I will replace the front with a pr-3 also.. I still have miles to go on my front Shinko with another shinko front tire at the ready.. any thoughts on my mixing of radials ?.. that being the front shinko 777 with the rear Michelin pr-3 ..... chuckk j.
yes cormanus, it is also a radial, by what I have seen on some adds for the tire.. I would imagine, it would affect handling a little.. whether many riders would notice any difference is another thing.. me included.. it may be the same thing as not using the factory recommended tire sizes.. subtle changes in performance.. hopefully, there isn't any real danger in miss matching brands........ chuckk j.Cormanus_imp said:I think the Shinko is a radial too, isn't it, Chuckk?
I'm sure a tyre guy would tell you not to do it, but I know other folk who might say it's a Honda, you're not on the track and if it's round and made of rubber, it will be all right.
Me? I have no idea.
For what it's worth, my front PR3 also made it to 15K miles and probably had another 1K left in it.Flynrider_imp said:For what it's worth, my front PR3 also made it to 15K miles and probably had another 1K left in it.Chuckk_imp said:15k miles on a front tire sounds like a lot to me.. but it sounds like good news.. I will be trying the rear pr-3 first.. then if my abrasive road allows me good mileage, I will replace the front with a pr-3 also.. I still have miles to go on my front Shinko with another shinko front tire at the ready.. any thoughts on my mixing of radials ?.. that being the front shinko 777 with the rear Michelin pr-3 ..... chuckk j.
As for mixing bias and radials, it's not recommended by any of the manufacturers. I only tried it once many moons ago on my CB750. I'm not sure if it was the radial/bias combo or the tires themselves (both sport touring types), but there was a noticeable squirreliness on hard, fast corners. It went away when I eventually changed back to bias on both tires.