Shinko 777 tires for my 2017 CB1100ex

Thread starter
I should get a volume discount on my tires !! .. I have 13,174 miles on the bike now, so 1,310 miles on the second pr-3.. when that one is gone, I have that Avon to try out..
.
81d0976b6e7d99dcba54dfd6714b2bcf.jpg

.
c542578c0231fc128849ff6a3ce119db.jpg
 
Chuckk, while I envy your winter sunny riding days--compared to my OR "sunny" riding days--I don't envy you what your CA roads do to tires! 2700 miles on the original Dunlops? I have 8600 on my original rear. Ok, I think that's my inner-tube sticking thru, but I do plan on getting both front/rear replaced in the next 2 weeks.

Joking about the inner-tube.
 
it is kinda crazy to get that few of miles out of a tire
 
Thread starter
I am getting pretty good at changing them tires !!.. by pulling the wheels and taking them in to the shop to have the tires mounted and balanced, it isn't too expensive.. I guess, I am doomed to be buying lots of tires and batteries for my FOBO.. :s
.
6117205f759092c6d6d45f89bbed61bd.jpg
 
The roads must be diabolical.
 
^^ That’s not a road. It’s a Canadian. :D
 
Thread starter
maybe give the mysterious red rider more character, by adding some beady button eyes .. maybe recessed marbles or something.. like my snowman :rolleyes: it is still winter up there p.b. you need another project !! .. you can never have enough of them.. ask you wife !!..
.
1e3feb47623b52c0e7ec770597356cf0.jpg
 
Mysterious Red Rider is OEM...you have to repaint your snowman red to match it...I know, you have all the resources and skills to do so :D
 
Thread starter
. I will need a time machine.. ohh, maybe I can use the one on my Mac... then some spray paint.. I never tried to paint snow before.. maybe a spray dye .. you guys living up by the arctic circle have much more of an opportunity to experiment with the white stuff.. it has been 55 years since I have experienced an arctic winter.. back when I lived in Milwaukee .. I miss shoveling snow so much ..:rolleyes:
 
Chuckk, you just got snow shovelling job for GTA-2020/21 season...very sure GO will be happy too:)
 
Decided to not convert 2017ex wheels to take tubeless tires as Chuckk has done here; perhaps next time around. A local independent (Honda dealerships are not that close to me) that gives me a good vibe will do the install for me; I'm going to let them order the tires which they charge a bit more for than I can get via 'net, but then they lower their on-the-bike mount and balance charge. All included--Avon Roadrider tires, mount and balance, chain clean and
adjust, brake pad inspection, wheel bearing inspection, tubes, set tire pressure, dispose of used tires = $443.
 
Thread starter
just to let you know, pdedse.. my rim sealing is holding up very well.. (knock wood).. I might have another sealed spoke experiment in the future.. the other day, in the mountains, I came around a turn and hit a big rock or something, while in the middle of the turn with my back tire.. why I didn't see it, I don't know.. it had to be big enough to see.. it tossed my rear wheel off the ground and my rear tire jumped over.. my front end went into a shimmy, but I recovered.. I was going to check my spokes for any loose ones, but forgot.. if I have some, I will wait (if not too bad) till my next tire change, then dig into my rim sealant around the spokes that will need adjusting.. then use more of my sealer to "patch" the spoke nut hole that I have just created.. hopefully, I won't have to go there :s
.
5eb6389359b7f421cb85c0a61f6fdfeb.jpg
 
Chuckk_imp said:
just to let you know, pdedse.. my rim sealing is holding up very well.. (knock wood).. I might have another sealed spoke experiment in the future.. the other day, in the mountains, I came around a turn and hit a big rock or something, while in the middle of the turn with my back tire.. why I didn't see it, I don't know.. it had to be big enough to see.. it tossed my rear wheel off the ground and my rear tire jumped over.. my front end went into a shimmy, but I recovered.. I was going to check my spokes for any loose ones, but forgot.. if I have some, I will wait (if not too bad) till my next tire change, then dig into my rim sealant around the spokes that will need adjusting.. then use more of my sealer to "patch" the spoke nut hole that I have just created.. hopefully, I won't have to go there :s
.
5eb6389359b7f421cb85c0a61f6fdfeb.jpg
Good to know and that looks like it will last; but I thought I'd give it a go as is one more time around. I started thinking that I would like to see long-term results for the conversion before going that route, so I'll be watching. Plus, I've only had one flat with tubed tires over the course of 17-18 years and never on pavement.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
just to let you know, pdedse.. my rim sealing is holding up very well.. (knock wood).. I might have another sealed spoke experiment in the future.. the other day, in the mountains, I came around a turn and hit a big rock or something, while in the middle of the turn with my back tire.. why I didn't see it, I don't know.. it had to be big enough to see.. it tossed my rear wheel off the ground and my rear tire jumped over.. my front end went into a shimmy, but I recovered.. I was going to check my spokes for any loose ones, but forgot.. if I have some, I will wait (if not too bad) till my next tire change, then dig into my rim sealant around the spokes that will need adjusting.. then use more of my sealer to "patch" the spoke nut hole that I have just created.. hopefully, I won't have to go there :s
.
5eb6389359b7f421cb85c0a61f6fdfeb.jpg
Good to know and that looks like it will last; but I thought I'd give it a go as is one more time around. I started thinking that I would like to see long-term results for the conversion before going that route, so I'll be watching. Plus, I've only had one flat with tubed tires over the course of 17-18 years and never on pavement.
Good to know and that looks like it will last; but I thought I'd give it a go as is one more time around. I started thinking that I would like to see long-term results for the conversion before going that route, so I'll be watching. Plus, I've only had one flat with tubed tires over the course of 17-18 years and never on pavement.
That is an encouraging travel record pdedse.
 
just ordered Shinkos for my CB. I can't stand it... I have to comment... yes, they are H rated! H rated tires are good to 130mph and the CB is electronically limited to 120mph by the ECM. So whomever that was that commented early in this thread that you wouldn't put H rated tires on this bike... Why was that again???
Shinkos on my Harley are out performing the stock michelins and the pirelli night dragons in every way. Mileage has me excited! 8k on the michelin and pirelli. Shinkos have nearly 4k on them and other than scrubbing off the new tire look, they have no signs of wear so far! they stick like glue wet and dry too.
 
Our bikes are limited to ~112mph.
 
Nice to have a tire with an extra tad of speed margin, you know? ... for those rides when they grab and hitch a ride with a Dodge Viper or sumthin'. :-/
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice to have a tire with an extra tad of speed margin, you know? ... for those rides when they grab and hitch a ride with a Dodge Viper or sumthin'. :-/
I am still enjoying the "fatty" .. for me, it was worth the time and trouble I went through to modify my front fender.. however, I never did get good tire mileage with the rear Shinko .. I have gone to an Avon now In the rear.. people say don't mix them, but it seems to work for me.. sorry I haven't participated much lately.. I have been busy motorizing my kayak for some ocean fishing.. I live in Ventura Harbor, so I must to take advantage of my location..
..
383b8c26a79b17fd1dc7cc893b294168.jpg

.
a7fdec1eceaad6cf024e63d99e4c4960.jpg

..
669daf725b2e6705012f024b9022bd54.jpg

 
Chuckk_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice to have a tire with an extra tad of speed margin, you know? ... for those rides when they grab and hitch a ride with a Dodge Viper or sumthin'. :-/
I am still enjoying the "fatty" .. for me, it was worth the time and trouble I went through to modify my front fender.. however, I never did get good tire mileage with the rear Shinko .. I have gone to an Avon now In the rear.. people say don't mix them, but it seems to work for me.. sorry I haven't participated much lately.. I have been busy motorizing my kayak for some ocean fishing.. I live in Ventura Harbor, so I must to take advantage of my location..
..
383b8c26a79b17fd1dc7cc893b294168.jpg

.
a7fdec1eceaad6cf024e63d99e4c4960.jpg

..
669daf725b2e6705012f024b9022bd54.jpg
Are you sure you got the right size Avon for that there kayak?
 
Back
Top