Honda_Fan_imp
Running like a top
My standard seat is really uncomfortable after 30 minutes but then again I’m only 175lbs therefore have less “cushion”.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I think the only truly comfortable stock seat I have ever rode was on a Yamaha Virago 1100. Of course, the whole ergonomic is different than an upright street bike.tommymck_imp said:I like reading these threads because it reminds me how different we all experience things. I'm 6' and change, 180lbs and don't have much cushion at all. I have a bunch of different bikes, and have ridden a bunch more. Ergonomics relative to pegs, bars, etc. play into overall comfort to me, but I've never once found myself conscious of seat comfort. I did swap my seat for the Samurider K10 seat, but that was strictly a looks thing. For me, the extra height of the uncut seat gives me a bit more room, which is nice...it never occurred to me to even think about if one was more comfortable than the other. On the third hand, I don't spend 8 hours in the saddle with only stops for gas. A day of riding for me is 100 miles to get somewhere, noodle around a bit, another 100 miles and a stop for gas and food, noodle around some more, then head back home. From all of the Corbin threads though, clearly this is an issue for many.
Good luck with the house HR!!!
Before you spend the money for a new seat try a beadrider….It makes a big difference in comfort.....Haggard Rider_imp said:Being a complete newbie when it comes to riding motorbikes, I have a question over seat comfort.
I've not ridden much since I got the CB, about 500mls since Jan 8th, but I do find that my backside starts hurting (like it's bruised) after about 30/40 mins riding.
I thought it might just be me getting used to riding as with hurting wrists and shoulders, but now that they are ok, my butt still hurts to the extent I reckon 90 mins to 2 hrs will be my limit between stops.
Is this the norm? Will I 'get used' to the saddle, or do I need to look into a replacement like a Corbin?
Haggard Rider_imp said:Being a complete newbie when it comes to riding motorbikes, I have a question over seat comfort.
I've not ridden much since I got the CB, about 500mls since Jan 8th, but I do find that my backside starts hurting (like it's bruised) after about 30/40 mins riding.
I thought it might just be me getting used to riding as with hurting wrists and shoulders, but now that they are ok, my butt still hurts to the extent I reckon 90 mins to 2 hrs will be my limit between stops.
Is this the norm? Will I 'get used' to the saddle, or do I need to look into a replacement like a Corbin?
If anything the highway pegs will make the seat comfort worse. In normal riding position, and as long as you ride more with your toes (or the front of your foot) on the pegs, your legs will be supporting part of your weight. This then results in less weight on the seat, and the experience is actually a more comfortable ride. With the highway pegs there will no weight on your legs at all, and all of it on the seat.DBXXX_imp said:Yep, I find it to be pretty uncomfortable after about 100 miles or so. I don't mind taking pretty frequent stops, and anyway the small tank keeps me from being on the road all that long anyway. I just ordered highway pegs which I think will help a lot.
If anything the highway pegs will make the seat comfort worse. In normal riding position, and as long as you ride more with your toes (or the front of your foot) on the pegs, your legs will be supporting part of your weight. This then results in less weight on the seat, and the experience is actually a more comfortable ride. With the highway pegs there will no weight on your legs at all, and all of it on the seat.Henrik_imp said:If anything the highway pegs will make the seat comfort worse. In normal riding position, and as long as you ride more with your toes (or the front of your foot) on the pegs, your legs will be supporting part of your weight. This then results in less weight on the seat, and the experience is actually a more comfortable ride. With the highway pegs there will no weight on your legs at all, and all of it on the seat.DBXXX_imp said:Yep, I find it to be pretty uncomfortable after about 100 miles or so. I don't mind taking pretty frequent stops, and anyway the small tank keeps me from being on the road all that long anyway. I just ordered highway pegs which I think will help a lot.
Very interested in this, loco...locomotive engineer_imp said:To add to the retro look i got a cb750 k7 seat cover from Classic bike shop, in the midlands [uk], had my local upholstery shop rework cover and fit additional half inch layer of foam, makes a difference.

I can attest to the first and third bullet. If you are kinda tall, that adds additional impediment. The upshot, however, is some decent body maneuverability when it is needed.ohiorider_imp said:I've recently turned 10,500 miles on my 2014 CB . Not totally happy with the stock saddle.
Although the saddle looks like it is flat and parallel to the ground, it feels, especially at low speed, like it is pushing me toward the handlebars. At speeds over 60-65mph, it is much better, since I'm being pushed toward the rear of the bike by wind.
What causes the saddle on the CB to not be comfortable? I'm thinking it is:
- too thin in the front, with little support under the thighs?
- or is there a slight pitch toward the front that causes me to lean (too much) onto the bars?
- or are the stock pegs too far rearward?
I don't have the ergonomics right, yet.
Just a few thoughts.
Bob
I had hiway pegs on my '14, and they weren't so much to help with seat comfort, but rather to give the knees a chance to stretch out. Having said that, when I stretch feet out on hiway pegs, then I notice the weight on the rear end is at a different spot and so that does help a little. Regardless, I nearly always take a break around 100 miles for either gas / food / or bathroom.Henrik_imp said:If anything the highway pegs will make the seat comfort worse. In normal riding position, and as long as you ride more with your toes (or the front of your foot) on the pegs, your legs will be supporting part of your weight. This then results in less weight on the seat, and the experience is actually a more comfortable ride. With the highway pegs there will no weight on your legs at all, and all of it on the seat.DBXXX_imp said:Yep, I find it to be pretty uncomfortable after about 100 miles or so. I don't mind taking pretty frequent stops, and anyway the small tank keeps me from being on the road all that long anyway. I just ordered highway pegs which I think will help a lot.
Yes to the first; yes to the second if you're tall. I put a sponge bleacher pad on my seat strapped down with ties. It raises me 3/4 inch and that frees up the knees a bit and helps with seat comfort as well. And it only cost $6.ohiorider_imp said:I've recently turned 10,500 miles on my 2014 CB . Not totally happy with the stock saddle.
Although the saddle looks like it is flat and parallel to the ground, it feels, especially at low speed, like it is pushing me toward the handlebars. At speeds over 60-65mph, it is much better, since I'm being pushed toward the rear of the bike by wind.
What causes the saddle on the CB to not be comfortable? I'm thinking it is:
- too thin in the front, with little support under the thighs?
- or is there a slight pitch toward the front that causes me to lean (too much) onto the bars?
- or are the stock pegs too far rearward?
I don't have the ergonomics right, yet.
Just a few thoughts.
Bob
Very interested in this, loco...Bazbro_imp said:Very interested in this, loco...locomotive engineer_imp said:To add to the retro look i got a cb750 k7 seat cover from Classic bike shop, in the midlands [uk], had my local upholstery shop rework cover and fit additional half inch layer of foam, makes a difference.
The seat on my CB is damaged and I was going to buy a new one from Samurider, but your solution is maybe better. And cheaper??
Do you have more details and perhaps pictures? Happy to post mine to your guy if he's good and not expensive.![]()
Hi Bazbro, i tried to upload a photo but was unable, will try to take a lower resolution photo soon as possible.