SCANNER - aftermarket for CB

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
There was a thread, info or link to aftermarket scanner set for CB... having hard time to find this info from our forum, can I get help please

Thanks all for help.

:beerchug:

pb
 
peterbaron_imp said:
There was a thread, info or link to aftermarket scanner set for CB... having hard time to find this info from our forum, can I get help please

Thanks all for help.

:beerchug:

pb
Don't know about a forum link, but check this out

OBD Tool (OBD) - HealTech Electronics Ltd.

There are cheaper ones (1/2 the price) on Amazon, etc.

Sure was nice to use my standard OBDII on my Triumph!

Owned both Actron and Bosch.
 
Thread starter
SportsterDoc_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
There was a thread, info or link to aftermarket scanner set for CB... having hard time to find this info from our forum, can I get help please

Thanks all for help.

:beerchug:

pb
Don't know about a forum link, but check this out

OBD Tool (OBD) - HealTech Electronics Ltd.

There are cheaper ones (1/2 the price) on Amazon, etc.

Sure was nice to use my standard OBDII on my Triumph!

Owned both Actron and Bosch.
Don't know about a forum link, but check this out

OBD Tool (OBD) - HealTech Electronics Ltd.

There are cheaper ones (1/2 the price) on Amazon, etc.

Sure was nice to use my standard OBDII on my Triumph!

Owned both Actron and Bosch.
Thanks, already found it as well and sent them my request.
Do you have link to Amazon as well...is it a cheap one from China
Thanks

pb
 
The Healtech is the one I have. You need a PC to use it. Does not work with Apple products. The software is a download and is free. You can do data runs and save the file for later playback. Occasionaly they update the software. I updated my yesterday, for instance.

The unit has a USB connector on one end for the PC and plugs into the diagnostics connector which is behind the left side cover on the CB1100 on the other end. No adapter cables are needed. Fits most Honda bikes and a number of Honda outboards.

Comes in a cute little case :)

Lately I have been using it to gather data for Max and Sportsterdoc for the idle problem some are having.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
There was a thread, info or link to aftermarket scanner set for CB... having hard time to find this info from our forum, can I get help please

Thanks all for help.

:beerchug:

pb
Don't know about a forum link, but check this out

OBD Tool (OBD) - HealTech Electronics Ltd.

There are cheaper ones (1/2 the price) on Amazon, etc.

Sure was nice to use my standard OBDII on my Triumph!

Owned both Actron and Bosch.
Don't know about a forum link, but check this out

OBD Tool (OBD) - HealTech Electronics Ltd.

There are cheaper ones (1/2 the price) on Amazon, etc.

Sure was nice to use my standard OBDII on my Triumph!

Owned both Actron and Bosch.
Thanks, already found it as well and sent them my request.
Do you have link to Amazon as well...is it a cheap one from China
Thanks

pb
Peter, I hesitate posting a link, as I would not want anyone to think I am recommending a China knock-off.

If you are just curious, Google "honda motorcycle diagnostic tool"
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The Healtech is the one I have. You need a PC to use it. Does not work with Apple products. The software is a download and is free. You can do data runs and save the file for later playback. Occasionaly they update the software. I updated my yesterday, for instance.

The unit has a USB connector on one end for the PC and plugs into the diagnostics connector which is behind the left side cover on the CB1100 on the other end. No adapter cables are needed. Fits most Honda bikes and a number of Honda outboards.

Comes in a cute little case :)

Lately I have been using it to gather data for Max and Sportsterdoc for the idle problem some are having.
popgun,
If u get a DTC with MIL on, does it tell you its number, like 7-2, 2-1...
Will it read History DTC, WITHOUT MIL on, service data , graphics... of O2, TPS +++...how about ABS ??
Could you post some pics of service data, graphics...in display/screen meaning, if possible, please.
Thinking of buying one for CB...

pb
SportsterDoc_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
There was a thread, info or link to aftermarket scanner set for CB... having hard time to find this info from our forum, can I get help please

Thanks all for help.

:beerchug:

pb
Don't know about a forum link, but check this out

OBD Tool (OBD) - HealTech Electronics Ltd.

There are cheaper ones (1/2 the price) on Amazon, etc.

Sure was nice to use my standard OBDII on my Triumph!

Owned both Actron and Bosch.
Don't know about a forum link, but check this out

OBD Tool (OBD) - HealTech Electronics Ltd.

There are cheaper ones (1/2 the price) on Amazon, etc.

Sure was nice to use my standard OBDII on my Triumph!

Owned both Actron and Bosch.
Thanks, already found it as well and sent them my request.
Do you have link to Amazon as well...is it a cheap one from China
Thanks

pb
Peter, I hesitate posting a link, as I would not want anyone to think I am recommending a China knock-off.

If you are just curious, Google "honda motorcycle diagnostic tool"
Peter, I hesitate posting a link, as I would not want anyone to think I am recommending a China knock-off.

If you are just curious, Google "honda motorcycle diagnostic tool"
TQ

pb
 
PB, right now I can’t post pics due to the photobucket debacle, but yes on the codes (jdvalero got one just for codes). IACV reads 0-255, engine temp reads as ECT (engine coolant temp) instead of in the EOT reading, but, whatever. ABS I don’t think it does. IIRC there is a separate diagnostic connector for that. But I would have to check the Service manual. TPS reads something, but I will have to look to see the values. Airflow reads in gal/sec or lb/sec, user selectable. I don’t know ALL the features yet.

On their site, the have pics of the screen, etc. If you download and install the software, there are some sample runs you can look at. Not CB1100.

I have saved one run that I should be able to email you and you could watch it. It is just start from cold iron and warm until idle reache 1050.

If you use a laptop you could actually even go for a ride. It will store the run as long as there is disk space.
 
Thanks for posting the Healtech link; I don't know whether I will ever need it for a stock bike, but I may pick one up "just because". The "genuine" kit's price of $230 seems pretty reasonable to me (but I've been around Harleys and BMWs for a while, so my conception of "reasonable" may not be . . . :dodgy:)

Now if someone would produce a device that allowed me to properly flush and bleed the ABS brakes on my 2017 Road Glide Ultra . . . I cannot stand the notion of taking it to a dealer . . . not a matter of cost; just never let anyone touch my cars or motorcycles . . .
 
Thread starter
THANKS all for input...thinking of buying one due to reasonable price...

pb
 
cookiemech_imp said:
Thanks for posting the Healtech link; I don't know whether I will ever need it for a stock bike, but I may pick one up "just because". The "genuine" kit's price of $230 seems pretty reasonable to me (but I've been around Harleys and BMWs for a while, so my conception of "reasonable" may not be . . . :dodgy:)

Now if someone would produce a device that allowed me to properly flush and bleed the ABS brakes on my 2017 Road Glide Ultra . . . I cannot stand the notion of taking it to a dealer . . . not a matter of cost; just never let anyone touch my cars or motorcycles . . .
Comparing costs on Sportster parts, such as stator, regulator, starter; H-D is cheap (OEM or aftermarket)
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
cookiemech_imp said:
Thanks for posting the Healtech link; I don't know whether I will ever need it for a stock bike, but I may pick one up "just because". The "genuine" kit's price of $230 seems pretty reasonable to me (but I've been around Harleys and BMWs for a while, so my conception of "reasonable" may not be . . . :dodgy:)

Now if someone would produce a device that allowed me to properly flush and bleed the ABS brakes on my 2017 Road Glide Ultra . . . I cannot stand the notion of taking it to a dealer . . . not a matter of cost; just never let anyone touch my cars or motorcycles . . .
Comparing costs on Sportster parts, such as stator, regulator, starter; H-D is cheap (OEM or aftermarket)
Absolutely true; I misspoke. A Harley is a rather expensive proposition to buy (mine are Touring models), but so long as you do your own maintenance, they are cheap to own and maintain. They don't seem to eat brakes or tires, and the drive belts are very durable.
 
cookiemech_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
cookiemech_imp said:
Thanks for posting the Healtech link; I don't know whether I will ever need it for a stock bike, but I may pick one up "just because". The "genuine" kit's price of $230 seems pretty reasonable to me (but I've been around Harleys and BMWs for a while, so my conception of "reasonable" may not be . . . :dodgy:)

Now if someone would produce a device that allowed me to properly flush and bleed the ABS brakes on my 2017 Road Glide Ultra . . . I cannot stand the notion of taking it to a dealer . . . not a matter of cost; just never let anyone touch my cars or motorcycles . . .
Comparing costs on Sportster parts, such as stator, regulator, starter; H-D is cheap (OEM or aftermarket)
Absolutely true; I misspoke. A Harley is a rather expensive proposition to buy (mine are Touring models), but so long as you do your own maintenance, they are cheap to own and maintain. They don't seem to eat brakes or tires, and the drive belts are very durable.
My eldest son-in-law's 2006 Road King is OK on tires.
The Dunlop K591 on the rear my 1200 Sport was slick at 3,000 miles!
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
cookiemech_imp said:
Thanks for posting the Healtech link; I don't know whether I will ever need it for a stock bike, but I may pick one up "just because". The "genuine" kit's price of $230 seems pretty reasonable to me (but I've been around Harleys and BMWs for a while, so my conception of "reasonable" may not be . . . :dodgy:)

Now if someone would produce a device that allowed me to properly flush and bleed the ABS brakes on my 2017 Road Glide Ultra . . . I cannot stand the notion of taking it to a dealer . . . not a matter of cost; just never let anyone touch my cars or motorcycles . . .
Comparing costs on Sportster parts, such as stator, regulator, starter; H-D is cheap (OEM or aftermarket)
Comparing costs on Sportster parts, such as stator, regulator, starter; H-D is cheap (OEM or aftermarket)

Maybe he was thinking about screaming eagle hop up parts or chrome :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
SportsterDoc_imp said:
cookiemech_imp said:
Thanks for posting the Healtech link; I don't know whether I will ever need it for a stock bike, but I may pick one up "just because". The "genuine" kit's price of $230 seems pretty reasonable to me (but I've been around Harleys and BMWs for a while, so my conception of "reasonable" may not be . . . :dodgy:)

Now if someone would produce a device that allowed me to properly flush and bleed the ABS brakes on my 2017 Road Glide Ultra . . . I cannot stand the notion of taking it to a dealer . . . not a matter of cost; just never let anyone touch my cars or motorcycles . . .
Comparing costs on Sportster parts, such as stator, regulator, starter; H-D is cheap (OEM or aftermarket)
Comparing costs on Sportster parts, such as stator, regulator, starter; H-D is cheap (OEM or aftermarket)

Maybe he was thinking about screaming eagle hop up parts or chrome :rofl:
I'm pleased to say that I've resisted the urge . . . My Harleys are 100% stock except for seats!

Was gonna say "Chrome don't get you home", but the CB1100 is pretty shiny . . .
 
Back
Top