Rubber Lever End Thingies

PB has one foot in the wine cellar and one foot in the dungeon.

A Padawan Nachodaddy will remain until installed RLETs are.
 
Ahh PB. That is the perfect excuse! :D
 
Suhawk305 had a little incident enroute to the rally and broke his clutch lever. He said he carried an extra RLET as a “ good luck charm” to ward off these occurrences. The Honda dealer in Marietta got him a new lever with next day service. A-man picked it up and installed the new lever. I followed up with a parking lot RLET install. A little chain lube on the lever ball and 2 minutes in microwave in a cup of water. Good as new! (I’m sure I didn’t come near Nemo’s record)
I wish I had a picture of the temporary lever fix by rickcb….mini vise grips and a zip tie. It worked on a temporary basis until the new lever was installed.
78b97022324df39d05ba2200dde332c3.jpg


A followup from rickcb….
a68df6c2dc138ca1d0ac9829f88811e1.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
mtneers_imp said:
Suhawk305 had a little incident enroute to the rally and broke his clutch lever. He said he carried an extra RLET as a “ good luck charm” to ward off these occurrences. The Honda dealer in Marietta got him a new lever with next day service. A-man picked it up and installed the new lever. I followed up with a parking lot RLET install. A little chain lube on the lever ball and 2 minutes in microwave in a cup of water. Good as new! (I’m sure I didn’t come near Nemo’s record)
I wish I had a picture of the temporary lever fix by rickcb….mini vise grips and a zip tie. It worked on a temporary basis until the new lever was installed.
78b97022324df39d05ba2200dde332c3.jpg


A followup from rickcb….
a68df6c2dc138ca1d0ac9829f88811e1.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Classic remedy and excellent recovery.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
PB has one foot in the wine cellar and one foot in the dungeon.

A Padawan Nachodaddy will remain until installed RLETs are.
:rofl:
 
Love the Visegrips! That’s a Roadkill fix right there :D
 
mtneers_imp said:
Suhawk305 had a little incident enroute to the rally and broke his clutch lever. He said he carried an extra RLET as a “ good luck charm” to ward off these occurrences. The Honda dealer in Marietta got him a new lever with next day service. A-man picked it up and installed the new lever. I followed up with a parking lot RLET install. A little chain lube on the lever ball and 2 minutes in microwave in a cup of water. Good as new! (I’m sure I didn’t come near Nemo’s record)
I wish I had a picture of the temporary lever fix by rickcb….mini vise grips and a zip tie. It worked on a temporary basis until the new lever was installed.
78b97022324df39d05ba2200dde332c3.jpg


A followup from rickcb….
a68df6c2dc138ca1d0ac9829f88811e1.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why did it take so long ...and with the help of microwave technology....?
 
peterbaron_imp said:
mtneers_imp said:
Suhawk305 had a little incident enroute to the rally and broke his clutch lever. He said he carried an extra RLET as a “ good luck charm” to ward off these occurrences. The Honda dealer in Marietta got him a new lever with next day service. A-man picked it up and installed the new lever. I followed up with a parking lot RLET install. A little chain lube on the lever ball and 2 minutes in microwave in a cup of water. Good as new! (I’m sure I didn’t come near Nemo’s record)
I wish I had a picture of the temporary lever fix by rickcb….mini vise grips and a zip tie. It worked on a temporary basis until the new lever was installed.
78b97022324df39d05ba2200dde332c3.jpg


A followup from rickcb….
a68df6c2dc138ca1d0ac9829f88811e1.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why did it take so long ...and with the help of microwave technology....?
Why did it take so long ...and with the help of microwave technology....?
Translation: "chain lube" --> petroleum jelly.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
MiLord, can I be exempt due to post pandemic rubber shortage??:)
No.
 
Well PB, the Cellar Master has spoken. :)
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
:dodgy::s...rubber products are now more needed in ERs & ICUs...+++:)
If that is so, Honda will have repurposed its entire stock of RLETs so you will not be able to buy them which means you can’t install them. If, however, Honda is still selling them, you have no excuse. :angel:
 
The ferret_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I actually installed a pair of RLETs yesterday.
:angel: and another angel gets their wings
:angel: and another angel gets their wings
lol - looks like a Honda PCX150 just got blessed.

tod.branko_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I actually installed a pair of RLETs yesterday.
How did you celebrate?

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
How did you celebrate?

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
No celebration. Not CB1100. :-/

One of those situations of a wee bit of petroleum jelly and "pop", and moved on with other tasks.

No more concern of dragging lever ends across car doors.
 
Oh that's what all the mystery is about! Random PCXs are getting RLETs while hundreds of rletless CBs are condemned to the fires of hell lol

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Back
Top