Rubber Lever End Thingies

tommymck_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
tommymck_imp said:
Part # 95010-16001

The Patriots won.... I'm feeling weak.....

New Egg of all places promises next day delivery for $4.00. Must resist...
By the way Canadian CB Forum members:

Honda Canada has a large boat load of these currently in their warehouse. They are about $4.50 Cdn each all in. Now don't get me wrong, I am not trying to promote these or anything dark like that, you know, just sayin' if you were thinking of a pair.
By the way Canadian CB Forum members:

Honda Canada has large boat load of these currently in their warehouse. They are about $4.50 Cdn each all in. Now don't get me wrong, I am not trying to promote these or anything dark like that, you know, just sayin' if you were thinking of a pair.
The moment passed....
By the way Canadian CB Forum members:

Honda Canada has a large boat load of these currently in their warehouse. They are about $4.50 Cdn each all in. Now don't get me wrong, I am not trying to promote these or anything dark like that, you know, just sayin' if you were thinking of a pair.
The moment passed....
tommymck: You, ... are a survivor. :sleepy:
 
So it happened some time between yesterday and today that the pair got away. I was going to assert some discipline, as some Forum members recently suggested. I checked corners of the house to see if the cat puked something up. Nothing.

Anyway, outside much of the vertical ice from the past week's snow storm has fallen away which allowed me access to the CB. I was aghast of what was before me:





The ambient temperature was 0C. So they found the CB somewhere between -8 and 0C. I didn't notice any scuffle or evidence of a push back. The CB isn't complaining either.

Performance:

With the 95010-16001 items attached, it would appear the CB has never performed better while in idle storage. Impressive. Really.
 
Thread starter
Nice work, GoldOxide. The Ferret will be along directly with information about angels and the like. :angel:
 
:angel: and another angel gets their wings.

Simply magic I tell ya. This should shorten winter up that way by weeks.
 
...would that mean getting rid of entire winter from Ontario to Ohio, if I spread these little rubber thingies all over my driveway? Please advise professionally, as I may need to go to my loan officer to get trailer full holy thingies :blush::P
 
peterbaron_imp said:
...would that mean getting rid of entire winter from Ontario to Ohio, if I spread these little rubber thingies all over my driveway? Please advise professionally, as I may need to go to my loan officer to get trailer full holy thingies :blush::P
You may be on to something. The critters are black bodies, and black bodies absorb visible radiant heat energy. You'd think that would raise the immediate area a few degrees Celsius. However, any off-gassing should be ignored. :-/
 
Followers of Moto GP may have noticed that when Marc Marquez's bikes are in the pits, towels are thrown over both clip-ons, even on the quickest pit stops. The explanation had always been that the grips were super-sticky and it prevented dust and debris from settling on them.
However, drone spy pictures from last year's Qatar practice sessions recently posted on a well-known Russian site showed otherwise. The pics have since been removed, but high magnification had shown that both levers had RLETs on them.
Both RLETs had been coated with a low-friction silver silicone paint to make them match the levers, but they were unmistakable. The only other difference was that they were beveled on the bottom for ground clearance, so they were for a specific side.
This was later confirmed by the race team member in charge of controls in 2015, who was fired after installing the RLETs on the wrong sides, causing a reduction in ground clearance and possibly resulting in a crash that eventually cost them the championship, although Marquez never blamed him openly.
More recent spy pics from late last season showed as a result that both Yamaha and Ducati were testing them but with no success, causing some high-speed stability issues. Apparently they work well only on Hondas. But we knew that.
 
Well, I am not MM, and if I had rlets these would significantly reduce clearance between ground and levers while I am taking corners* at high speed, preventing from being almost perfectly parallel to the race track.... :):blush::P:P
* please give me some credit for my age (retiring in September/NOT from motorcycling though), thanks.
:beerchug: after racing....:excited:

0539b4688f5c90ca7786a867c89bf445.jpg
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Well, I am not MM, and if I had rlets these would significantly reduce clearance between ground and levers while I am taking corners* at high speed, preventing from being almost perfectly parallel to the race track.... :):blush::P:P
* please give me some credit for my age (retiring in September/NOT from motorcycling though), thanks.
:beerchug: after racing....:excited:

0539b4688f5c90ca7786a867c89bf445.jpg
lol - Your image almost implies a weight-balance disadvantage when RLETs are used in racing.

- - -

BTW: Congrats on your pending retirement.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Well, I am not MM, and if I had rlets these would significantly reduce clearance between ground and levers while I am taking corners* at high speed, preventing from being almost perfectly parallel to the race track.... :):blush::P:P
* please give me some credit for my age (retiring in September/NOT from motorcycling though), thanks.
:beerchug: after racing....:excited:

0539b4688f5c90ca7786a867c89bf445.jpg
lol - Your image almost implies a weight-balance disadvantage when RLETs are used in racing.

- - -

BTW: Congrats on your pending retirement.
lol - Your image almost implies a weight-balance disadvantage when RLETs are used in racing.
- - -
BTW: Congrats on your pending retirement.
Sorry, but I forget to add that he (pictured) finished last, therefor I had plenty of time to park my bike, set up and take picture of him..lol..:P

Yeh, retirement is coming, thanks
 
Thread starter
I don't want to be a wet blanket because retirement is good, but it does take a bit of adjusting.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I don't want to be a wet blanket because retirement is good, but it does take a bit of adjusting.
Cormanus,
I just retired at the first of the year and agree it is a big change. So far so good but I do feel kinda lost. Do you have suggestions on making the adjustment to retirement. Thanks
 
Rossi you need to find something that gives you purpose. For me it's riding every day. For others it might be woodworking, or fishing, or walking in the park, working out at the gym, volunteering, but finding something you like to do, and doing it, gives your life purpose and you need that when you are retired. That's my tip. Going on 6 years retired in May.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Rossi you need to find something that gives you purpose. For me it's riding every day. For others it might be woodworking, or fishing, or walking in the park, working out at the gym, volunteering, but finding something you like to do, and doing it, gives your life purpose and you need that when you are retired. That's my tip. Going on 6 years retired in May.
A absolutely agree :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I have many hobbies and interests so there was very little adjustment for me. I had been planning retirement for years and slid right into it with a new Honda motorcycle.
Since then I have traveled to many parts of the world, but only in South America, the U.S. and Canada on a motorcycle.
 
I retired 14 years ago. I put my watch in a drawer and stopped watching TV news.
It was June so I could run my garden railway trains and go fishing. There is a dam 10 minutes away.

Unfortunately I did start watching TV later and later into the night. Then sleeping in until noon and wasting half a day. It took a month to break that habit.

It took a year to get rid of my rush hour driving habits. Penny of course helped when she was in the car. Now I do not make any appointments during the rush hours and avoid the malls on the weekends. Almost 99 percent on my motorcycle riding is beyond the city, and I avoid highways if I can.

In the winter I always walked the local nature trail to get my exercise, sun and fresh air. If you don't get out you can end up in a depression (the winter blues). This is the first winter I have been stuck in the house because of my surgery. But I have lots of little projects to keep me busy while I recuperate.
 
Thread starter
Rossi, I can’t add much to what Ferret, Rocky and Nortoon have said. Having some purpose certainly helps.
 
You are 102% correct Nortoon
...retirement is, ops, will soon be a beautiful thing... 've already started preparations; work 4 days a week with less hrs = every weekend is a long weekend+, no loans/mortgage, trimming expenses = more savings, ditched tv from our bedroom, watches(-1) in a drawer, house, driveway and roof already renovated, son's university taken care of, spending more time with google search/maps, there is always some maintenance work around the house + many more... and don't even have to whisper to anybody's ear that I'll be more busy with my lovely CB/very long distance trips+++++ :D
 
Back
Top