Rubber Lever End Thingies

Elipten_imp said:
If they could reduce the weight of the ST by 200 lbs or more, I,would be interested.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That would be nice! After riding the beast, the CB feels like riding a Honda 350!

And for those who didn't see the snowy ride thread, it is apart for heated grip installation. First step seems to be: Disasemble entire motorcycle... Starts going back together today.
 
There are many things that keep me up at night, but fortunately one of those things is not how one is supposed to pronounce "RLET." Nevertheless, I was pondering this last night as I was working on a farkle for my other bike. Is it "arrr-let" or "err-let?"
 
Maybe depends on what part of the country you're from?

I say it as arrr-let. Like a pirate Arrrrrr
 
Liberace called and wants his shirt back :rolleyes:
 
There are 27 pages on this topic?

I know that there is snow out there now, but my goodness.

The the way, Cormanus, I very much appreciate your contributions.

Thanks

mike
 
You can adjust your settings to view more posts per page, so I only have 11 fascinating pages of RLET posts. It's a little more scrolling, but for RLETs, it's worth it.
 
Here's some interesting RLET ancient history...

first mention of rlets (although I'm still trying to run down who first used the term RLET for them)

ADV rider forum, 2013 CB 1100 thread Jan 21,2013 page 65 post # 961

Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM #961
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut


Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest Ohio
Oddometer: 269 I'm going to put those little rubber lever covers on mine. No early Honda look alike should come without those cool little rubber covers.



and the rest is history bwaahhaaahhaaahhaa
 
Ferret,

Somehow your tag line populated every post you made. Even before there WAS a DLX. That makes it hard to search on RLET and I got tired of looking for the 1st RLET post.

And now this thread is 28 pages. :)
 
Popgun it was fun reading thru all those pages over on ADV forum CB1100 thread ... you, CA200, Guth, Plungerhead (inline4 here), Scoobynut , OldF7guy ... all still active over 2 years later.
 
I was never able to get registered on the ADV site and could never find anybody to help either. So I just lurk over there. And I need to join one of the ST boards.

Since ADV didn't work for me, I joined the UK CB1100 board that had just come on-line and I stayed there until Guth turned this one on. Think I joined up on day 1 or 2.

While looking for that first RLET post I looked back to our first days and that brought back some fun times. Remember me whining to Guth about getting some smiles? :)
 
lol..yes I do. We are still lacking in that area. I could totally go for a head banging on a wall emoticon somedays
 
And I want a popcorn eating one for the oil threads...
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Here's some interesting RLET ancient history...

first mention of rlets (although I'm still trying to run down who first used the term RLET for them)

ADV rider forum, 2013 CB 1100 thread Jan 21,2013 page 65 post # 961

Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM #961
The other Ferret
Motorcycle nut


Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest Ohio
Oddometer: 269 I'm going to put those little rubber lever covers on mine. No early Honda look alike should come without those cool little rubber covers.



and the rest is history bwaahhaaahhaaahhaa
Ferret, I've done a bit of searching on this important topic. It's important to me.

First note metallyguitarded's thesis posted earlier.

metallyguitarded_imp said:
Notwithstanding that learned view, I've actually found a reasonably definitive answer on Google—[url=http://bit.ly/1ahFVij]see here.

Hence, and without wishing to be immodest, I think I just might lay claim to be the first person to use the term "rubber lever end thingies". I believe the first time it was used was on the first post of this very thread. I can find no earlier mention of the term.

I make no claim to be the author of the fad, however. That honour must surely go to the mighty Ferret in [url=http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20544949&postcount=961]this post on the ADVRider Forum.

Who it was who first used the acronym, RLET, I have no idea. I was the first to use it on this thread—[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2491&pid=39108#pid39108]see here—but I'm pretty sure I used it only after someone else had. Apparently that was on some other thread.

The most important thing is that the term "Rubber Lever End Thingies" and the acronym "RLET" have their origins right here at [url=http://www.cb1100forum.com]http://www.cb1100forum.com!
Lord Popgun_imp said:
And I want a popcorn eating one for the oil threads...
Popgun,

or [url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php]
 
Cormanus,

How do I use those here? Copy them to my PC and paste them in a message?. Please help. Thank you.

I'm sure your answer will others too. :)
 
Back
Top