Rubber Lever End Thingies

Yep fleabay parts. Only Honda original recommended by ferret. Probably a Chinese counterfeit.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
:-) thanks that comments cheered me up. And not really those were OEM Honda in their original package as pictured earlier in this thread. Oh well I lost more in my life then 15 USD for a new set.
 
Thread starter
VTR1000F_imp said:
:-) thanks that comments cheered me up. And not really those were OEM Honda in their original package as pictured earlier in this thread. Oh well I lost more in my life then 15 USD for a new set.
Mate, do not, under any circumstances, ride the bike with just one of them. There'll be no telling the consequences.

This link should take you to post #9 by Elipten http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2491&pid=32744#pid32744. You should try the rag trick—or a riding glove to force the little b..... on.
 
Vtr1000f: I orded mine sat on eBay got them today both was hard to get on. I used wd40 2 pairs of needle nose pliers and pulled them over the ball! Be carefull they could tear! I got 7 more sets on the way! :)
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
So..yesterday I was prepared to throw the faulty thingie away..and I left it in my kitchen overnight in anger. This morning..I don´t know why, I put it into my jeans pocket and it stayed there all day. On my trip from work I stopped in a garage and gave it one last try. Dab of silicone oil..pop...thingie goes on like nothing for a first try: now explain the magic.

I went for a quick ride yesterday and was caught by heavy rain..so I gave the bike its first wash today.
06c2574f2a9af43454cda684d2081c79.jpg
 
VTR1000F_imp said:
So..yesterday I was prepared to throw the faulty thingie away..and I left it in my kitchen overnight in anger. This morning..I don´t know why, I put it into my jeans pocket and it stayed there all day. On my trip from work I stopped in a garage and gave it one last try. Dab of silicone oil..pop...thingie goes on like nothing for a first try: now explain the magic.

I went for a quick ride yesterday and was caught by heavy rain..so I gave the bike its first wash today.
06c2574f2a9af43454cda684d2081c79.jpg
The thingies ARE magic. They have feelings. The more difficult one likely felt your anger.
 
That bike just looks so good now with the thingies! ;)
 
I agree that it changed the feeling significantly. Now it is completely other and different bike from the previous bare-lever version. Honda should put the thingies on all bikes in factory. More retro factor for few cents...
 
LOL!

9 pages on rubber lever thingies! :)
 
This forum ain't rite !! Who could get this excited over rubber thingies ?? :) lol well I got a few more orderd !! Am I a horder? Lol
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ridem32_imp said:
This forum ain't rite !! Who could get this excited over rubber thingies ?? :) lol well I got a few more orderd !! Am I a horder? Lol
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nine pages of cheap fun......:beerchug:

oops....ten pages now....
 
No No not cheap fun at all. I have spent around $70 on rubber thingies!!! :) I think I'm going to see my DOC to have my head checked out !!
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ten Pages!? I only have two! (I changed my settings..., having to change pages every 5 posts or so was driving me crazy!!) ;)
BTW, I ordered three pairs myself today!
 
Thread starter
VTR1000F_imp said:
So..yesterday I was prepared to throw the faulty thingie away..and I left it in my kitchen overnight in anger. This morning..I don´t know why, I put it into my jeans pocket and it stayed there all day. On my trip from work I stopped in a garage and gave it one last try. Dab of silicone oil..pop...thingie goes on like nothing for a first try: now explain the magic.

I went for a quick ride yesterday and was caught by heavy rain..so I gave the bike its first wash today.
06c2574f2a9af43454cda684d2081c79.jpg
It looks so beautiful I'm going to leave the picture there.

I'm very glad you survived riding with only one of them. :-)
 
Now I´m under strong impression that the heavy rainstorm I went through was a consequence of riding with only one thingie!:D:biker:
 
Thread starter
VTR1000F_imp said:
Now I´m under strong impression that the heavy rainstorm I went through was a consequence of riding with only one thingie!:D:biker:
Almost certainly. :P
 
VTR1000F_imp said:
Now I´m under strong impression that the heavy rainstorm I went through was a consequence of riding with only one thingie!:D:biker:

Sounds about right!
 
Ok, someone has to ask. Why so many sets? Are you going to put them on all the bikes I saw in your garage pics?
 
Back
Top