Rubber Lever End Thingies

Thread starter
Yeah, sorry, pechorin and others. It's an Aussie joke about a TV show from the 60s and 70s. Probably not worth explaining. :)
 
Thanks for this thread and the part number (and charming 'fitting instructions'). I've now ordered my via my local Honda dealer so I will be fully compliant with the '69 Honda fashion look police...
 
Thread starter
cb4kenco_imp said:
Thanks for this thread and the part number (and charming 'fitting instructions'). I've now ordered my via my local Honda dealer so I will be fully compliant with the '69 Honda fashion look police...
Good lad.
 
Damfino_imp said:
Ding Dong? Was she some sort of a Ho-Ho?? :D
Yes, she give the impression that the only thing that was holding her ears apart was a spring, or maybe a bell. In fact she was a smart, attractive and talented person. She was on a panel show called The Inventors and she has passed into Aussie folklore with her inevitable "What colours does it come in?".

For further info on this extremely vital world issue (puts the Crimea, MH370 etc. to the back page) google: Denise Drysdale. Get it? - DD thus "Ding Dong". I guess you could call that last bit an illuminating glimpse of the obvious. ........I think I need another drink :beerchug:.

Cheers
And having read all that I realise that Cormanus is right. :thanks: it wasn't Ding Dong it was Diana Fisher. I am further down the primrose path to total dementia than he is. Gimme that bottle .............

Cheers
 
ride4now_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Dang.....those look good on there..great job Cormanus! :thumbsup:


Everytime a set goes on, an angle earns her wings :angel:
Rubber thingy's and Angels... Wow... :rofl:
Rubber thingy's and Angels... Wow... :rofl:

Well....yea, of course. Makes perfect sense. ;) rubber thingys on CB 's are heavenly.
 
Thread starter
It was sheer bliss riding it today.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It was sheer bliss riding it today.
Ok... We have the part number, but how much do they cost?
And is the cost worth it? I mean, is there any chance of getting back the
investment of time and money? Plus, are there any performance issues once they're installed? Will they affect the forward drag of the bike and slow it down? Obviously, they're not very slippery... I don't know... just asking... :rolleyes:
 
Thread starter
ride4now_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
It was sheer bliss riding it today.
Ok... We have the part number, but how much do they cost?
And is the cost worth it? I mean, is there any chance of getting back the
investment of time and money? Plus, are there any performance issues once they're installed? Will they affect the forward drag of the bike and slow it down? Obviously, they're not very slippery... I don't know... just asking... :rolleyes:
Cost: AUD$6.15 each. Clearly these things'll add enormously to the resale value, so money will come back.

As to time, see Elipten's post:

Elipten_imp said:
I don't get the issue people have getting these on. A little spit on the lever, a little spit inside, a shop rag and wiggle side to side and on it goes. Man up.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So, time's sorted.

Slip is only an issue on the inside.

Fuel economy is up because you have to ride a bit more slowly to have time to admire them.

Man, you have to do it. :banana:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
It was sheer bliss riding it today.
Ok... We have the part number, but how much do they cost?
And is the cost worth it? I mean, is there any chance of getting back the
investment of time and money? Plus, are there any performance issues once they're installed? Will they affect the forward drag of the bike and slow it down? Obviously, they're not very slippery... I don't know... just asking... :rolleyes:
Cost: AUD$6.15 each. Clearly these things'll add enormously to the resale value, so money will come back.

As to time, see Elipten's post:

Elipten_imp said:
I don't get the issue people have getting these on. A little spit on the lever, a little spit inside, a shop rag and wiggle side to side and on it goes. Man up.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So, time's sorted.

Slip is only an issue on the inside.

Fuel economy is up because you have to ride a bit more slowly to have time to admire them.

Man, you have to do it. :banana:
Cost: AUD$6.15 each. Clearly these things'll add enormously to the resale value, so money will come back.

As to time, see Elipten's post:

Elipten_imp said:
I don't get the issue people have getting these on. A little spit on the lever, a little spit inside, a shop rag and wiggle side to side and on it goes. Man up.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So, time's sorted.

Slip is only an issue on the inside.

Fuel economy is up because you have to ride a bit more slowly to have time to admire them.

Man, you have to do it. :banana:
:rofl: Ok...Ok... I'll try to remember to order them Saturday.
I have a feeling that I won't feel 'accepted' until I do.
 
In the US they are about $3 each. I think I paid $2.79ea.
 
Got mine in the mail yesterday, haven't put them on yet....sooooo this is suppose to change my gearing ratio which in turn give me better mpg....I just wanted them to make me look cool, as if I really needed any help in that department, but it doesn't hurt....:thumbsup:
 
I cut mine so only the ball end and a 1/4 inch or so we're left on... That's how I remember them on dad's 74 cb550... Tough as heck to put on...lol
 
Dan when I ordered my 2013 CB 1100 in November of 2012 I had them order the rubber end covers from a mid 70s CB 550.. these are the same ones that were on your Dads bike. Well not the same ones, but the same part number lol. Part # 95010-16001 qty 1 per package, requires 2 of them. We weren't even sure if they would even fit but I figured it was worth $6 to find out. I sure wasn't going to have a CB Honda without them.

2013


2014
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/022_zpsd73edcf5.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top