Rubber Lever End Thingies

Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl: I am enjoying this so much ....
I HOPE so. Look what you've done! :rofl:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl: I am enjoying this so much ....
I HOPE so. Look what you've done! :rofl:
I HOPE so. Look what you've done! :rofl:

Cormanus, I started this rubber lever end thingy about 1 1/2 years ago over on the ADV forum. I had ordered my 2013 in November 2012 and the same day ordered a set of the rubber lever end thingys off a 74 CB 550 just to see if they would fit. I mean all proper Honda CBs came with rubber lever end thingys didn't they? The dealership had them installed on my bike when I showed up to pick it up in March 2013.

Wouldn't own a CB Honda without rubber lever end thingys. ;)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl: I am enjoying this so much ....
I HOPE so. Look what you've done! :rofl:
I HOPE so. Look what you've done! :rofl:

Cormanus, I started this rubber lever end thingy about 1 1/2 years ago over on the ADV forum. I had ordered my 2013 in November 2012 and the same day ordered a set of the rubber lever end thingys off a 74 CB 550 just to see if they would fit. I mean all proper Honda CBs came with rubber lever end thingys didn't they? The dealership had them installed on my bike when I showed up to pick it up in March 2013.

Wouldn't own a CB Honda without rubber lever end thingys. ;)
I'm even more impressed, Ferret.

Of course, if Honda had any real sense of style, they'd be standard on the CB1100, if not all CBs! :)
 
Ridem32_imp said:
They are NOS. I got a set on eBay almost $10 shipped.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ridem32. What did you search under to find them on eBay for that price? I see them on there for $13.99 for 2 pcs shipped.
 
I picked my lever condoms up today from my stealer, only 2.99 each. I dont even have my dlx yet but I will sleep better knowing I am protected! Makes me laugh when I think that if I ever see a CB1100 in the wild with the thingies on it I'll know they are part of this nut farm...
 
Found a dealer that had 14 in stock that's 7 sets having them shipped out today. :) ( GOLD ) (JACKPOT) lol
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Found a dealer that had 14 in stock that's 7 sets having them shipped out today. :) ( GOLD ) (JACKPOT) lol
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


:rofl: Jeezalou you will be the rubber lever end thingies King of the World. :worship:
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Already had one set coming from eBay Hmmm let me count!! 8 SETS!! PURE GOLD MINE!!
Michael


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, I was just kidding about the "rule the world thang"...just remember I do have two pair on my work bench plus one pair on the bike, I won't be totally defenseless....;)
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
Aside from the obvious horsepower increase, do these have any other functionality? Or are they purely horsepower/cosmetic?
They improve aerodynamics. They instill confidence. And they are a known aphrodisiac. Otherwise, purely cosmetic.
 
well...I probably encountered a case of faulty rubber thingie. Ordered a set from Ebay..received today. First piece went on OK n few minutes with a dab of silicone oil. Second piece different story...spit..no go...silicone oil..no go...WD40..nothing. Some rough languege did not helped either..warm water..nothing..boiling water..nothing. It seems that the "neck" of the thingie is too narrow to let the end ball pass. I spent almost hour trying and travelling between my garage and my kitchen. I finally gave up and another set is on the way as I think that this thingie is just a bad piece from the factory.
 
Well, you might as well keep trying while you wait. Or give it to a kid who will have it on in 30 secs.


In the meantime..don't let anyone see the non rubber thingy side of your bike.
 
Riding with only one thingie creates imbalance and is expressly discouraged, it's in the owners manual. It's like having an exhaust only on one side....oh, wait...
 
Back
Top