Royal Enfield ADV

Delightfully square. I like it.
 
Maybe that's their version of the 'beak' :) Just what is a beak for on ADV bikes anyway. I hate those things and always think of using a recip. saw on them every time I see one LOL
 
This is an all new design with an all new engine of 411cc's, but only 24.5 HP.
It wouldn't do very well on the freeway, but should be fun on backroads.
The Indian population will eat this one up!
Our local Triumph dealer is also a dealer for RE so I'll probably get to see one in the spring after I'm back on the road.
 
If they make those 24.5 horses to be geared anything like my 2015 Yamaha SR400, then it will do just fine on the highway. I can run my SR for hours in top gear wound all the way out. It doesn't bother the bike at all. Now, the rider on the other hand...
 
I think it is a good thing that Triumph have bitten the bullet (sorry for the pun on an Enfield thread) and started putting their power emphasis on torque. The new Street Twin is down on power compared to the old Bonneville but up on torque and for those of us who don't ride on the red line that is a good thing. For the RE 24bhp doesn't sound much but that long stroke single will be pushing out the torque which is what most riders want. I like the look of this bike and think Enfield are being very inventive with their new bike development.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Maybe that's their version of the 'beak' :) Just what is a beak for on ADV bikes anyway. I hate those things and always think of using a recip. saw on them every time I see one LOL
LOL :thumbsup:
 
A buddy has an Enfield. He has had problems. He is on his third gas tank. Third or forth speedo, but he loves it.

It's a very good cafe bike, as in going to coffee or the cafe. He has even toured on it; and done very well thank you.

If they get the QC sorted, this could be a very interesting bike to have.
 
Back
Top