Royal Enfield Bullet 650 Twin

Stichill

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hello All,

I used to be a member of the old forum, before it apparently went defunct. I just found your new forum, so I set up an account.

I saw the new Royal Enfield Bullet 650 Twin and the vintage styling made me think of you guys. Looks like it's not yet up on their US website, but apparently it's being delivered in the UK.

 
Welcome home! We have merged your prior threads and posts into your recently registered account. Hopefully, you will see everything you posted on the previous Forum.

Thanks for the Royal Enfield video. If you still own your CB1100, we would love to see a picture and get an update. David
 
Stichill! Great to see you back. Hope you've still got your CB1100. As for Royal Enfield, do you have one?
 
Thread starter
Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome! And thanks @rdprdp01 for migrating all my old threads over here.  :cool: Can you migrate or PM me my old avatar? It's Hirofumi Fukunaga smoking a cigarette while standing by a CB1100. I can't find it again via web or AI search. (edit: found it!)

@Gone in 60, glad you're not actually gone in 60!  ;)

Funny thing, I never did buy a CB1100. I wanted to, but the last DLX - in the country - got sold out from under me. I looked pretty hard at the EX later, but the spoked wheels / inner tubes spooked me, and changing to cast wheels for tubeless tires is not a trivial exercise. I wanted my CB1100 to have a silver engine and wheels like this 2013 I rented in Germany that year.

J60ygQM.jpeg


I guess the RE Bullet 650 Twin also has spoked wheels / tubes, but it sure is a nice-looking bike that appears to be made with high quality.
 
Hey Hank, welcome back. Have thought about you often. Still riding?
 
Thread starter
the Ferret said:
Hey Hank, welcome back. Have thought about you often. Still riding?

Hi Mickey, yeah, I'm still riding! Still have my CBR250R, lol. Sold my 2015 BMW F800GT (too many irksome little things) and my 2014 Triumph Thunderbird 1600 (parts support dried up).

The Cheese Weasels have had more adventures:

2020 Southern Colorado fly-n-ride (started ride report here, abandoned due to wife's illness)
2021 SE Utah fly-n-ride (ride report here)
2022 Death Valley Reloaded fly-n-ride (cancelled due to wife's illness)
2023 No ride for me after wife's passing
2024 Nevada (Great Basin / US 50 Loneliest Road in America) fly-n-ride
2025 New Mexico fly-n-ride
2026 upcoming in October: Return to North Georgia / Six Gap / W. NC / E. TN

Past rides reported on:

2016 North Georgia here
2017 Death Valley here
2018 Big Bend here

No report:

2019 Allegheny Highlands of Virginia

I got married in early July this year to an Ohio gal. We're working on getting her house near Dayton sold and her moved down here to God's country with me.
 
CB250R? I wanna see that!
 
Stichill, so good you found us again. Welcome back.

And congratulations on your recent nuptials. An 'Ohio gal'? She might be related to the Ferret.
 
Cormanus said:
Stichill, so good you found us again. Welcome back.

And congratulations on your recent nuptials. An 'Ohio gal'? She might be related to the Ferret.

I know, like, ten people in Ohio. She might not be related to Ferret, necessarily. 
Ohio... does she know my friend Bill?

Congrats on the wedding! Remind me what part of God's Country do you hail from? I am particularly fond of the Bowling Green area due to my long-time work there at Beech Bend Raceway. When I was in the racing business, I always said if I had to pick one place we went to all over the country, that would be it.

Second place would be Ohio. No offense, Ferret. Just don't like snow.
 
Thread starter
MagnaRider said:
CB250R? I wanna see that!

CBR250R  :D 

zfb8982.jpeg

JXJLH3V.jpeg



Gone in 60 said:
Ohio... does she know my friend Bill?

Congrats on the wedding! Remind me what part of God's Country do you hail from? I am particularly fond of the Bowling Green area due to my long-time work there at Beech Bend Raceway. When I was in the racing business, I always said if I had to pick one place we went to all over the country, that would be it.

She has a brother named Bill, but probably not your buddy!

Thank you! She’s a a peach! ☺️

I’m in a rural area of N. Kentucky, essentially the same exurban metro area as Ferret. Great riding in my immediate area and east, west, and south.
 
That's awesome. I remember, back in '16-'18, working for a company called Racepak. They produced racing data logging systems. Every morning on my commute through Santiago Canyon, I'd see a guy coming the other way on a red and silver CB250R. Tucked and winding it out for all it had. Looked like a lot of fun, and I loved the color combo. I said I'd have a red and silver Honda one day, and ended up with two - my '13 CB1100 and my '18 NC750X.
 
Back
Top