Road Comet Installed

Looks really good. Between that upgrade and a set of RLETs you'd be lucky to keep the wheels on the ground!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
 
Retsel_imp said:
Looks really good. Between that upgrade and a set of RLETs you'd be lucky to keep the wheels on the ground!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking.. well actually it was.... just think how much faster it would go if you added a set of RLET's. ;)
 
Thread starter
Klink- I took it for a short ride today (did get in interstate for a little bit up to about 75) and didn't notice a ton of difference. It did seem a little quieter. It was fairly windy today. Will get a longer ride in tomorrow morning and see. I like the way the smoked screen keeps the sun glare off the instruments.
 
It really does look nice. I've never been a fairing guy but I am considering one of these. You said you picked it up today, did you get it somewhere other than samurider?
 
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
 
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
It really does look nice. I've never been a fairing guy but I am considering one of these. You said you picked it up today, did you get it somewhere other than samurider?
Picked it up from the post office (wasn't home when they tried to deliver it. Shipping from Japan to first delivery attempt was 6 days. About 4 weeks from ordering to shipping.
 
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Townie do us a favor and measure straight up from the ign to the top on your srceen and tell us what that measurement is please.
 
Looking good! I got the same one on my 14 standard with color matched paint and pinstripe. Amazing mod, not cheap but it def adds that little extra look to the bike that sets it off
 
The ferret_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Townie do us a favor and measure straight up from the ign to the top on your srceen and tell us what that measurement is please.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Townie do us a favor and measure straight up from the ign to the top on your srceen and tell us what that measurement is please.
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?
 
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P. I’m 5’7” so maybe I’ll see a small difference. Don’t care really. I just have to have one.
 
Townie_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Townie do us a favor and measure straight up from the ign to the top on your srceen and tell us what that measurement is please.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Townie do us a favor and measure straight up from the ign to the top on your srceen and tell us what that measurement is please.
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?
[/QUOTE]

Yep right on the edge. Is it better if you straighten up or worse if you slump?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Townie do us a favor and measure straight up from the ign to the top on your srceen and tell us what that measurement is please.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Townie do us a favor and measure straight up from the ign to the top on your srceen and tell us what that measurement is please.
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?

Yep right on the edge. Is it better if you straighten up or worse if you slump?
[/QUOTE]
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?
Yep right on the edge. Is it better if you straighten up or worse if you slump?
[/QUOTE]

Pretty much yes to both. If I stand on the pegs, things are best. If I slump, it's worse until I'm in a tuck behind the screen, and then it's better.

I'm not chopping down my RC2 for anyone :P.
 
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
 
Banned_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
Yep, Spencer Blue. Photo below is a couple years old, and since then a Staintune and gaiters have been added. Lighting in the pic below isn't great, I'll try to take a better one this weekend.

You should get the RC2, because some day you might not be able to for this bike.
 
This is my 13 with an RC1 and the tall windscreen. I think it makes a big difference because it definitely reduces how hard I have to hang onto the bars at highway speeds. Before I had a windscreen after 50 minutes at 75 mph I was quite tired from hanging on so hard. After it was like a large weight had been removed from my chest because all of that air is redirected up. My head is still in it a bit, but nothing too horrible.

 
Townie_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Townie do us a favor and measure straight up from the ign to the top on your srceen and tell us what that measurement is please.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Townie do us a favor and measure straight up from the ign to the top on your srceen and tell us what that measurement is please.
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?

Yep right on the edge. Is it better if you straighten up or worse if you slump?
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?
Yep right on the edge. Is it better if you straighten up or worse if you slump?
[/QUOTE]

Pretty much yes to both. If I stand on the pegs, things are best. If I slump, it's worse until I'm in a tuck behind the screen, and then it's better.

I'm not chopping down my RC2 for anyone :P.
[/QUOTE]
10.25". I think that falls right at the threshold of what you found to be acceptable for buffeting?
Yep right on the edge. Is it better if you straighten up or worse if you slump?
Pretty much yes to both. If I stand on the pegs, things are best. If I slump, it's worse until I'm in a tuck behind the screen, and then it's better.

I'm not chopping down my RC2 for anyone :P.
[/QUOTE]

:rofl: don't blame you there. As my mother would say, Watch your postire young man
 
Back
Top